Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread. I have used a similar process and prefer it over the extractor i also have. I use folex as my general stain remover, and have been able to remove all satins except those caused by dyes in foods and drinks. I also use a product called Great Value carpet shampoo. It is the walmart brand of carpet shampoo and comes in a can. what a great product. It is a dry foam that has lifting action which pulls dirt to the top of the carpets. It is only 97 cents per can and is found in the cleaning supplies aisle. Definatley try it out.
    mobile auto detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed and bookmarked. Thank you, David!

Edit: Any hints on seat belts? The belts in the wife`s SUV are horrid.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Seat belts are a pain, especially when they are a light color. If manual cleaning doesn`t work, I like to hang them out of the door (with the door shut) and blast the heck out of them with a pressure washer (while holding them away from the vehicle). Again, make sure to dry them out thoroughly before rewinding them.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    MAN! THIS SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!! I really want to try this out.... i have a pretty perfect car for it too!... Maybe you will see a click and brag from me too regarding carpets soon. I cant wait to see another one from you david!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Seat belts are a pain, especially when they are a light color. If manual cleaning doesn`t work, I like to hang them out of the door (with the door shut) and blast the heck out of them with a pressure washer (while holding them away from the vehicle). Again, make sure to dry them out thoroughly before rewinding them.

Excellent.. I`ll give that a shot tomorrow.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Pressure washing seat belts works great. I`ve been in some aircraft repair facilities and have seen how they do it. They hang them up on a pole, treat them with an APC and finish them off with a pressure washer.....

Thanks David for your carpet tips and techniques.......

Great thread....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I`d hold off on making this a sticky. I would really like to do a Click N` Brag on something really dirty soon. Maybe Tim can stop cleaning the inside of his GP for about 2 years for a prefect demo car?

Heh, you should see the GP now. It`s a mess with finals and all. I think I`m gonna have to take a shot at it and Josh`s car this weekend.

I`ve got some pics of a minivan done with your method that I`ll put up in half an hour or so.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    bookmarked.
    Autopia member since `05

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information