Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Have you ever seen the 90`s Ranger seats. Worse than these seats. Time is definatley a benefit when powerwashing. If you turn the heat on them to dry, it will create more problems (stiffness & browning) Can you walk the lot to see the outcome of your extractor cleaning?

I just did the Escalade last weekend and the outside was just as bad as the inside of the PT Cruiser! I`ll post pictures ASAP.

Here`s the thread on making lines:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...es-carpet.html

I don`t see alot of early to mid 90 Rangers at the dealership, but I do know how horrible they can be. The bad part about where I work is that we`re flat rate, so I don`t get the time to do a vehicle that I can take at home. Yes I can and do frequently walk the lot 1 or 2 days later to see the results of my cleaning, I just have a boss who likes to tell us how much we suck at our jobs whenever we make the slightest mistakes. Doesn`t give us much incentive to find problems...know what I mean?
    -=Dylicious=-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackTard
    I just have a boss who likes to tell us how much we suck at our jobs whenever we make the slightest mistakes.

Someone should tell your boss that his people skills suck.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post Thanks / Like
    "her" actually...and she can barely wash the outside of a car, let alone polish or shampoo. She`s just there because no one else is willing to stand up to her...I`m going to school for AutoBody in the fall now though...so I don`t have to deal with her for too much longer.
    -=Dylicious=-

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by todd@bsaw
    I`ve never pressure washed seats before, but if I knew I could get results like that I may have to start! Excellent detail. It blows my mind how dirty a car can get in less than 4000 miles...

I have done the powerwash thing a few times. It is unreal how much dirt and grime it takes out of seats. Where the water hits the seat it just runs out brown with filth. I`ve bought a couple cars to clean up and resell, and I usually have to do this due to the un fathomable filth in the vehicles. I take it one step further and actually remove the carpet and then have at that with 2000psi for a while. Ungodly amounts of dirt comes out. Shampoo and vacuuming could never come close in these cases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! So how close did you get with the pressure washers wand? I`d be afraid of going through the fabric?

Post Thanks / Like
    nice save!
    Scheer Signature Detailing

Miami, FL

Post Thanks / Like
    fantastic!

Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with the people that owned that car. Anybody that treets a new car like that should be shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    What is wrong with the people that owned that car. Anybody that treets a new car like that should be shot.
    Yes, because small children can just be told not to make a mess and they`ll comprehend and listen :rolleyes1: I do agree that this is an extreme example, and I wouldn`t personally see myself or my kids doing this to a vehicle, but none the less, it happens and that`s why we all have work out there.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Miranda Detailing MirandaDetailin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a customer that had a new Tacoma with a coke bottle that spilled on his Passenger seat. He told me that a "detailer" told him to remove the seat and soak it with a hose and watch the stain come out. Needless to say thats not the way to do it, soaking the seat totally? REALLY?! Any way our Mytee Lite cleaned it perfectly.

Also Automagic Special Cleaner is crazy awesome, removes the hardest of stains from what I have found.

Hydro-Shine is good for a quick shine, but I noticed it contains isopropyl alcohol and mineral spirits, so i don`t think I should apply it to already nicely waxed surfaces, it sounds like it would compromise the wax already on? Am I wrong in thinking that. I use Hydro Shine a lot to, but I used it on a vehicle that I prepped and waxed with 3M paste. Recently I noticed after about two washes and useing Hydro Shine it doesn`t bead like it used to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty
    Very nice work David and i know it helped resale value.

Sorry, but i must make a side note. I detail a lot of Chrysler products and this fabric is a PITA. This includes some Ford 1/2 tons to. If there is any dirt or dust in the fabric, even water will stain it. You go to shampoo it and you must clean an entire section of the seat or the whole seat to make it clean.

I have cleaned many, to find that after it drys, there might be a ring or line, that looks bad. Most times a damp MF rubbed on THAT SECTION of the seat will remove it, usually twice. "That section" means the whole seat or the portion of the seat that looks bad.

Chrysler is fabric guarding their new vehicles with this fabric, i hope it helps.

I also tell my customers that it might help to fabric guard the seats, after the shampoo.

I`m sure this topic will be brought up again.

I have just started to do a few interiors and right at the start I had a Ford cloth interior that wouldn`t take to spot cleaning. I found that a whole panel or seat had to done at one time to prevent spotting. At first I blamed the use of my Bissel LGM as the culprit until reading some with a lot more experience than I were having the same problem. I haven`t had one as nasty as the one David has presented here but its good to know if necessary there is a solution. So until I can justify the purchase of a professional machine I`ll keep chugging away with my bissel.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the idea! just pulled out my seats from my work truck. The seats were so filthy that everytime I spot cleaned a stain it would just cause a larger ring/stain. I did as you did and added a step...I filled up my weed killer pump spray with vinegar and once overed the seats. The vinegar acts a as a softener, deoderizer and anti fungal as it dries. Not to mention you`ll know its dry once it stops smelling like vinegar

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David! what kind of cleaner do you used on wheel well and wheel? thankx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive!

I never witnessed better results than this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information