Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great turn around on the cruiser. Nice job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Amazing transformation. Looks like a new car.

PS: I am glad that you made $$$ on it, however the owner will not be so lucky by trading the car. I hope that he takes a couple of condoms with himself. That is all that you will get from the used car sales department.

Did no one else get that? Hahaha but anyway, awsome work David! Looks better than new now! Those wells look amazing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whitejavaS500
    Did no one else get that? Hahaha but anyway, awsome work David! Looks better than new now! Those wells look amazing.

Yes, he is saying that the owner is going to get screwed and I agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work as usual David!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m the owner of the car and yes I will lose some cash but I need another suv. I made three big mistakes. I bought a small car & light color cloth. The car got that way from my kids, throwing out trash from remodeling my house & not covering the seats when I finish playing paintball. The PT Cruser got the abuse because I baby my Escalade. Dave knows how anal I`m about the Caddy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice recovery on the interior. Good job.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 escalade
    I`m the owner of the car and yes I will lose some cash but I need another suv. I made three big mistakes. I bought a small car & light color cloth. The car got that way from my kids, throwing out trash from remodeling my house & not covering the seats when I finish playing paintball. The PT Cruser got the abuse because I baby my Escalade. Dave knows how anal I`m about the Caddy.

Anal is an understatement!!! (see pics below)

The only thing that needs to be done on this one is a light vacume at best. Thanks again for coming all the way up from Miami to do this Gio. You da man! :2thumbs: :thx

Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by todd@bsaw
    I`ve never pressure washed seats before, but if I knew I could get results like that I may have to start! Excellent detail. It blows my mind how dirty a car can get in less than 4000 miles...

Easy, buy the car, don`t wash it/clean it for 4000 miles, return said car to dealer.
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks 1000x better!

I`ve run into that with seats before, so much crap soaked into the foam it keeps rising after you clean it. Never thought about yanking them and powerwashing them before. Nice tip!

BTW, I could have got those wheels/fenderwells clean with ONR. Do it all the time.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow those are some seriously big $$$ houses in the background.

Yu did a great job on that interior, but I do think that those seats would have come clean with a good extractor.

I bet my sandia could handle them :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work David and i know it helped resale value.

Sorry, but i must make a side note. I detail a lot of Chrysler products and this fabric is a PITA. This includes some Ford 1/2 tons to. If there is any dirt or dust in the fabric, even water will stain it. You go to shampoo it and you must clean an entire section of the seat or the whole seat to make it clean.

I have cleaned many, to find that after it drys, there might be a ring or line, that looks bad. Most times a damp MF rubbed on THAT SECTION of the seat will remove it, usually twice. "That section" means the whole seat or the portion of the seat that looks bad.

Chrysler is fabric guarding their new vehicles with this fabric, i hope it helps.

I also tell my customers that it might help to fabric guard the seats, after the shampoo.

I`m sure this topic will be brought up again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be pretty concerned about powerwashing seats. What about the electric stuff like heaters, motors, or airbags in them, can`t they get damaged? And even though it feels dry, the foam inside might still be damp= mildew. But that is after you trade it in of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salty

Sorry, but i must make a side note. I detail a lot of Chrysler products and this fabric is a PITA. This includes some Ford 1/2 tons to. If there is any dirt or dust in the fabric, even water will stain it. You go to shampoo it and you must clean an entire section of the seat or the whole seat to make it clean.

I have cleaned many, to find that after it drys, there might be a ring or line, that looks bad. Most times a damp MF rubbed on THAT SECTION of the seat will remove it, usually twice. "That section" means the whole seat or the portion of the seat that looks bad.

You know my pain. You`re right about the all or nothing with respect to section cleaning. This type of fabric is the worst by far.

I`ve owned a 1/2 dozen high grade extractors in my day & I`m very certain they wouldn`t work for this application. They work great on most fabrics, but this is an exception.

As far as damaging the electronics of the seat, I won`t and don`t recommend powerwashing any seat with electronics! I`ve done this 100`s of times and know the right and wrong way to do this. I removed these seats to insure nothing would get damaged inside the vehicle. When I powerwash seats, I do a section at a time and I don`t allow the water to penetrate into the seat. I vaccume immediately after washing each section. There was no residual draining/dripping, which indicated to me that the foam inside was ok. Plus, these seats were left out in the Floirda sun for 3 days. If that doesn`t dry them out, I don`t know what would. It`s basically an extractor on steroids!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, correct me if I`m wrong but if you try removing seats that have built in side airbags, you`d have to unplug the airbag and in most cases the "airbag" light will come on in the dash and plugging it back in will not reset it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some seats with SRS need to be reset, and some don`t. Some Mercedes do, some don`t. Most Audi`s do, most Honda`s don`t (maybe Oddessey/Pilot) I would never powerwash a seat with ANY kind of electronics in them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information