Post Thanks / Like
    The other day, after detailing my friend`s black C-5 Corvette, I noticed a film on the windshield that detracted from the hours of work that I had spent on the rest of the car. I had cleaned the windshield with glass cleaner, inside and out. Still, when sitting in the driver seat with the bright, California sun shining through the windshield there seemed to still be an awful haze.

I felt the outside surface of the glass and it was not smooth and slick, as it should be. In fact, the glass felt a little rough, which explained why it looked so hazy. So, the glass cleaner worked but it wasn`t enough, what next? I needed a glass cleaner that would get the road grime off of the outside and the hazy film off of the inside.

I pulled the Corvette into the shade and reached for Autoglym Glass Polish and a microfiber polishing applicator. I had never tried Autoglym Glass Polish, so this would be a new experience for me. I put a small dab of polish on the applicator pad and started applying it to the windshield. I got a little aggressive, since I was doing it by hand, and I wanted to ensure I was going to get rid of all of that road grime. When I was finished I buffed off the glass polish film with a Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel.

I backed the car into the bright sun for inspection and guess what I found? I didn`t clean the inside of the windshield well enough. The Autoglym Glass Polish had done such a great job that the places I missed stuck out like a sore thumb. A quick wipe with the applicator and buff with the towel, and the glass was beautiful. I was amazed with how easy the Autoglym Glass Polish applies and buff off.

While driving the Corvette back to its owner, the sun was super bright and I noticed that the windshield was so clear it was like there was no glass at all. Everything was so vivid and bright! The only time I could remember driving down the road and having my glass so clean and clear was when I picked up my 59 Cadillac after having the original windshield replaced.

Needless to say, the Corvette owner was very pleased with the detail. While driving me back to my place, he could not believe the crystal-clear clarity of his windshield.

After just one use, I`m hooked on Autoglym Glass Polish and will use it as part of my normal maintenance routine. Having a clear windshield is not only safer, it makes driving more enjoyable. Autoglym Glass Polish was very easy to use by hand and is even easier by dual-action polisher. This product is now on my top 10 favorite products list!

Do you have questions or comments about Autoglym Glass Polish for Lynn?
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you don`t work for Autoglym..... I`ll try it. :work:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you forgot to clay the glass.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroCleanse
    Sounds like you forgot to clay the glass.

Yes, claying would work well in conjunction like a paint polish does but the glass polish does a little more to bring back the clarity than the clay does.

Lynn

P.S. No BlueAngel, I don`t work for Autoglym.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Matthews
    Yes, claying would work well in conjunction like a paint polish does but the glass polish does a little more to bring back the clarity than the clay does.

Lynn

I mean clay first, then polish.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn,

You spent a lot of time on the glass restoring its clarity. Why not protect the glass with a hydrophobic visual enhancement system like NOC and create a new surface that will be easy to clean and increase visual acuity for the driver and passenger safety.

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    i think i am add this to my other autoglym products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had similar results with the Autoglym Glass Polish. When Stoners or Sprayway can`t clean the hard stuff, I always reach for the Autoglym and it hasn`t failed me yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    i always see this next to the 303 windshield treatment on stores, its a bit pricey but according to your posts, i think its worth trying. ive yet to try how effective it is and probly then i can give my review.

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the review, I went out and bought some today. Wow. This stuff works! Cleanest my windows have ever been!

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lyn Mathews, there`s a name I haven`t heard for a long time (I wonder if she still has her Jag)
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT
    Lyn Mathews, there`s a name I haven`t heard for a long time (I wonder if she still has her Jag)
    Different "Lynn". The person you`re thinking of dropped off the face of the earth (she and I were pretty good pals- letters, Christmas cards, etc. etc.). If she still has the XJC, it`s not showing up in JCNA concours listings.

AFAIK, this Lynn (the OP of the thread) is "the Lynn formerly known as `Lynn Phillips` ", not to stick my nose where it doesn`t belong or anything

To the topic of White_Falcon`s post, I`m glad the stuff worked so well for him, but it was *NOT* Accumulator-proof for me :grinno: Left a smearly film or something that I could never buff away; had to clean clean clean with something else to fix the issue...utterly terrible experience but fortunately I was just doing a test-spot with a sideview mirror.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Different "Lynn". The person you`re thinking of dropped off the face of the earth (she and I were pretty good pals- letters, Christmas cards, etc. etc.). If she still has the XJC, it`s not showing up in JCNA concours listings.

AFAIK, this Lynn (the OP of the thread) is "the Lynn formerly known as `Lynn Phillips` ", not to stick my nose where it doesn`t belong or anything

To the topic of White_Falcon`s post, I`m glad the stuff worked so well for him, but it was *NOT* Accumulator-proof for me :grinno: Left a smearly film or something that I could never buff away; had to clean clean clean with something else to fix the issue...utterly terrible experience but fortunately I was just doing a test-spot with a sideview mirror.

lol No not you!! lol
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Thread Information