Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Huh. New Griots.... Rotary

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    I`d think that an air powered mini orbital would be cheaper and just as effective providing someone has a large enough air compressor.
    Effective, yeah..but, I suspect, not as efficient if doing something really aggressive. It`s an OK trade-off for me, but maybe not for others. And yeah, I can see applications where a little rotary would be just the thing so I`m not just being a rotary-hater.

Much as I *really* like my 3" (Griot`s) pneumatic, it has its limitations; simply put, it`s no rotary. Maybe there are better units available...

That said, I do use that more than anything else these days since I (hopefully) only do spot-correction. It doesn`t need all *that* big of a compressor either: like my Tornador Black, I have to dial down that air station from what I usually use to what`s best for those units.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus
    To date, in the [not that many] cars I`ve done, I haven`t had a single person that wasn`t satisfied. Or point out a left-over swirl or hologram.
    That`s great! And to me, it shows that what you`re doing is perfectly fine as-is. I sure don`t expect others to, uhm...be the way my wife and I are about this stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Huh. New Griots.... Rotary

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    That`s great! And to me, it shows that what you`re doing is perfectly fine as-is. I sure don`t expect others to, uhm...be the way my wife and I are about this stuff!
    Thanks Accumulator. I do get surprised sometimes as to how ecstatic some people get when I`m done; while I`m thinking, "I sure hope this is good enough for them"[given the job agreed upon, of course].

I do believe you and Accumulatorette are on a different level altogether. Something I totally respect!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information