Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anyone have g9 da polisher from griots

Here is Griot`s Garage product user Mike lambert`s started thread on the G9:
    MUST READ Post #23 in this thread by Autopian All-Star and Ph.D of Detail Product Testing and Analysis, Loach.
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...griots-g9.html

This is Mike lambert`s initial use of and opinions on the G9 thread: (another MUST READ)
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...tml?highlight=

The G9 comes with a 6" backing plate from the factory, but it can be fitted with their 5" plate.
    So if you have a collection and major investment in 5" or 5-1/2" pads
    OR if you like the idea of using a 5" plate and pad because it is easier to control and get into panel body curves, consider upgrading to this 5" backing plate.
    Here is a thread by Autopian All-Star and World-Class Extraordinaire Detailer, Sizzle Chest and his detailing exploits of an Audi A6 using the G9 with a 5" plate (Thanks for doing that for me!!!):
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...tml?highlight=
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used my G9 a handful of times now on three cars and have enjoyed it so far.
    I got it last fall when it came out. (knock on wood) I`ve had no issues with it at all. Seems quiet enough and smooth enough to me. Been using the 6" stock backplate and mainly 6" Buff and Shine Euro Foam pads. Used it to polish the glass on my car too after a tint place scratched it badly with a 5" backing plate and CarPro Ceriglass kit and their Rayon pads.
    ·Ï¢årµ§·
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The best info I found was from shop tools review https://youtu.be/SnUgpPsANFY they also have a another video where they did a 30 polisher face video and the g9 won included flex and rupes
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a G9, and a G8. LUV them both !!!!!!!
    HOWEVER, after 10 months my G8 "quit working !! After just " 1 " phone call, I was issued a #, so I could send it back

It " took, exactly 4 days to get it back" !!!!!! EXCELLANT service IMO !!!!!!!!
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Risky Bizness- Hey, thanks for posting about your experiences with the G8 and GG`s customer service (the unit dying surprised me, the good service did not).

Post Thanks / Like

​YES, I have one. and Works really well. So far no problems. I also have a G8. It up and quit me, and was replaced back in my hands in about 5 days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Here is Griot`s Garage product user Mike lambert`s started thread on the G9:
    MUST READ Post #23 in this thread by Autopian All-Star and Ph.D of Detail Product Testing and Analysis, Loach.
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...griots-g9.html

This is Mike lambert`s initial use of and opinions on the G9 thread: (another MUST READ)
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...tml?highlight=

The G9 comes with a 6" backing plate from the factory, but it can be fitted with their 5" plate.
    So if you have a collection and major investment in 5" or 5-1/2" pads
    OR if you like the idea of using a 5" plate and pad because it is easier to control and get into panel body curves, consider upgrading to this 5" backing plate.
    Here is a thread by Autopian All-Star and World-Class Extraordinaire Detailer, Sizzle Chest and his detailing exploits of an Audi A6 using the G9 with a 5" plate (Thanks for doing that for me!!!):
    https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...tml?highlight=
    Scott and Mike would get better results with a t-shirt on a stick than I could with a new G9.

Their input is much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Scott and Mike would get better results with a t-shirt on a stick than I could with a new G9.

Their input is much appreciated.
    Now THAT`S funny!! I`ll have to remember and use that truism in comparison to my own detailing expertise.
    ("Expertise", Captain Obvious?? What expertise....just sayin`!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IcarusLSC View Post
    I`ve used my G9 a handful of times now on three cars and have enjoyed it so far.
    I got it last fall when it came out. (knock on wood) I`ve had no issues with it at all. Seems quiet enough and smooth enough to me. Been using the 6" stock backplate and mainly 6" Buff and Shine Euro Foam pads. Used it to polish the glass on my car too after a tint place scratched it badly with a 5" backing plate and CarPro Ceriglass kit and their Rayon pads.
    Unfortunately my 2019 Griots G9 stopped working in mid-May. No warning, no noises, just stopped.
    I wiggled the cord etc to no avail, unplugged it and plugged it back in, nothing... I`ve checked the cord and brushes now too.

It`s one of the first releases of it and have heard they had issues, but it has been working ok till now so figured I`d be fine.
    I literally only used it less then a dozen times. So disappointing to see it do this. I did have heat issues with it to start with so perhaps related, but I don`t know for sure.

I`ve emailed Griots, but shipping it across the border up here will be costly and a pita Calling them is a pita as they work the same hours I do, and in my job I just can`t stop to make calls. I figure this will take weeks++ to sort out, so just finished the car with PNS. I don`t know how to remove it once I go to finish it and it will probably be in the hot humid weather we get by then anyways. Still need to do the hood and passenger side :/

Update: I didn`t hear back from Griots till 6/15 almost a month after it stopped. Hopefully they will get it solved for me once I send it down there...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information