Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MINOR ISSUES WITH GRIOTS G9 machine

Oneheadlite- I bet you`ll be glad you got the longer cord for the G9. Just as with the GG6, it`ll be a lot more convenient that one might think. Heh heh, I got along just fine for *so long* with the *VERY* short cords on my Cyclos that I didn`t expect to appreicate the longer cord, but when my wife bought me a GG6 (with the longer cord) I learned how wrong I was about that and now I`m all about buying the longest cords that`re offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator - Especially considering I have the least thought-out garage ever. Whoever built the place thought that a single 2 position outlet on one wall and one (also 2 position) in the ceiling would be sufficient for a 3 car garage. And 3 oddly spaced naked bulb light fixtures in the ceiling.

I`ll be starting a thread shortly looking for (electrical/lighting/general building) advice on redoing it to be a happier place to do... anything in.
    (More soon)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Oneheadlite- I bet you`ll be glad you got the longer cord for the G9. Just as with the GG6, it`ll be a lot more convenient that one might think. Heh heh, I got along just fine for *so long* with the *VERY* short cords on my Cyclos that I didn`t expect to appreicate the longer cord, but when my wife bought me a GG6 (with the longer cord) I learned how wrong I was about that and now I`m all about buying the longest cords that`re offered.
    Even with a 25` cord I still need an extension cord. So with a 12` cord I still need an extension cord, so what`s the difference?

I can understand if I had a 25` cord, I wouldn`t need an extension cord, that would be a plus. Please explain the advantage of a longer cord in my situation .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Accumulator - Especially considering I have the least thought-out garage ever...
    Heh heh, while I have the most *OVER*-thought-out garage ever and still have countless things that aren`t right anyhow

Even with a 25` cord I still need an extension cord. So with a 12` cord I still need an extension cord, so what`s the difference?

I can understand if I had a 25` cord, I wouldn`t need an extension cord, that would be a plus. Please explain the advantage of a longer cord in my situation

I suppose the explanation is "personal preference". I find it more convenient using my longer-cord units as compared to my shorter ones and since I have both, well..I like what I like and generally recommend that. Perhaps because the extension cords I use are usually a thicker gauge (thus heavier) than the polishers` cords.

I understand completely if that`s another of those "eh, [Accumulator] is nuts..." kind of things where my take is screwy to anybody else. But I know which units *I* prefer to reach for

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone apply wax or sealant with a machine or not really. Like a da polisher. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    Does anyone apply wax or sealant with a machine or not really. Like a da polisher. Thanks
    All the time. A machine can spread a wax more thinely than your hand can.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So what is the machine most people use to apply wax and sealants. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

You can use the G9 for that. It is a very user friendly and versatile machine. (When I do that I use my G6 or G9)
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe a battery powered polisher would be a good idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    See my response to this on the other thread

So what is the machine most people use to apply wax and sealants. Thanks
    The one you like using Sorta just kidding, but some people even use forced-rotation units for this! Since you`re using (presumably) nonabrasive pads/products, it shouldn`t really matter unless you botch something up (usually the result of too much, or conversely, too little product, and/or over-working it).

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer
    All the time. A machine can spread a wax more thinely than your hand can.
    This is a *perfect* example of !YMMV! as I`ve always had the exact *opposite* experience! In all the years I`ve done it, I`ve *never* had it go that way, but that doesn`t mean that it doesn`t for Rsurfer (and probably for countless others too).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information