I see that Griot`s Garage is offering their "new" redesigned G21 and G15 polishers. Basically, what is different, according their website description is that the motors are 22% more powerful (1,100 watts 10 Amp versus the old Boss 900 watt 7.5 Amp) and incorporate a new finned designed backing plate for better cooling and increased pad life, where the old backing plate was a vented design. It  also seems that a quick-connect power cord is part of the redesign, similar to what has been offered on new G9.
The availability will be in late May 2020, again according to the GG website.

With the cost being about $10 to $15 more than the old BOSS that it is replacing (that is how GG is designating the new models it by dropping the "BOSS" nomenclature from the model call-out, until the old design is sold out) it is not that much more expensive than the models it is replacing. I see that the old BOSS G15 is no longer for sale on the GG website store; apparently sold out. I know many of you Autopians were speculating that something was brewing when the prices were dropped on the old models. Griot`s Garage still has the old BOSS G21 for sale.

Is it worth the wait? How much "better" is it than the old BOSS G15 and G21? I am sure that there are Autopian beta-testers out there who know that answer, but are sworn to secrecy, and rightly so. In the mean time, we wait for more hands-on experience, evaluation, and opinions. I am not sure if these new buffer/polishers will be "pre-release demonstrated" to the general public by Griot`s Garage in the immediate future at a car show or GG Public relations/demonstration event, given the current COVID-19 pandemic and it effect on mass public gatherings of any sort (mid-March 2020). BUT if you hear anything or, by chance, are one of the fortunate non-beta-testers to try it out, let us know.

Like many hobbyist who are on the fence about buying a new buffer/polisher and waiting for the next development in such machines, this new offering may be just the machine some of you have been waiting for. When paired with the now-available new smaller G8 buffer that uses smaller pads for those tight or difficult-to-reach areas, hobbyist now have affordable quality buffer/polisher machine options that are within reason available to them.