Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Redesigned G21 and G15 Polishers

I`ll be interested to hear whether/not people find that balancing of any significance. FWIW, swapping the counterweights on my PCs had such a minimal effect that I quit bothering to do it and never noticed which one was set up which way.

Never bothered upgrading the Cyclos when they came out with their Balancing System, which is kinda similar to the GG approach...

Post Thanks / Like

I`d be interested as well.

From what I had read about the PC and the counterweights, it didn`t make much difference, so I never bothered with it. Though, when I went from "regular" flat pads to the thin ones, it did feel better. Smoother overall.

Post Thanks / Like

With longer throws it should make a difference. Occasionally I`ve noticed certain pads caused vibrations and wobbly rotation, which went away when changing pads, so even from pad to pad it can make a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Occasionally I`ve noticed certain pads caused vibrations and wobbly rotation, which went away when changing pads, so even from pad to pad it can make a difference.
    Yes it can (even though it might sound like I minimize the issue ). Especially with machines that were originally designed to handle a single sheet of dry sandpaper, which is very different from a foam pad loaded with product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ll be interested to hear whether/not people find that balancing of any significance. FWIW, swapping the counterweights on my PCs had such a minimal effect that I quit bothering to do it and never noticed which one was set up which way.

Never bothered upgrading the Cyclos when they came out with their Balancing System, which is kinda similar to the GG approach...
    I just stick w/ the Boss 5.5 pads for the G15...I find the m/f pad to work awesome.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    I just stick w/ the Boss 5.5 pads for the G15...I find the m/f pad to work awesome.
    That`s probably what I`ll do, and I appreciate your comments on the GG MF.

I`ll just keep the BOSS15 v1.0 (or however we`re describing the early one), but it did kinda bug me that I never even plugged it in before they came out with the newer one. Reminded me too much of how it went with my GG 3" electric.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s probably what I`ll do, and I appreciate your comments on the GG MF.

I`ll just keep the BOSS15 v1.0 (or however we`re describing the early one), but it did kinda bug me that I never even plugged it in before they came out with the newer one. Reminded me too much of how it went with my GG 3" electric.
    With the new one being a hundred less of retail i’d be suprise if the new 15 is significantly or at all better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    With the new one being a hundred less of retail i’d be suprise if the new 15 is significantly or at all better

They can`t get away charging the previous prices now that competition exists.

Before they only had Rupes with their highly priced units. Not anymore.

I would expect these new units are every bit as good as the previous models. We`ll see once they get out and people tear them down.

Post Thanks / Like

I love reading about new polishers and I think about buying a new one until I remember how much I like my Rupes polishers I also like that some Rupes are made in the US and they have a repair facility in Colorado. More power is nice, but honing you’re technique will save you from having to buy a new more powerful machine.

I still grab my old Porter Cable for some things and it is considered to be low powered tools. I am still waiting for Lake Country to release their 5 in 1 polisher. I’m not sure where it will be manufactured (of if it will be manufactured), but I’m guessing China, although I think many companies are starting to look to other more stable, less confrontational, countries to manufacture their products. I know I will not be buying any stock in any companies based in China, too volatile. The tensions between the two superpowers is just too great at this time. If we get new leadership in Washington through the next election hopefully tensions will ease, but who knows, it always could get worse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    They can`t get away charging the previous prices now that competition exists.

Before they only had Rupes with their highly priced units. Not anymore.

I would expect these new units are every bit as good as the previous models. We`ll see once they get out and people tear them down.
    ? So in that thinking rupes’s and flex’s will be a couple of hundred of dollars cheaper this year? That be awesome!

I can guarantee you griots is not just selling the polisher for less and making less money. The changed vendors to get lower prices which may mean lower quality parts.

Their machines were selling well and you almost never say a bad review... why change? Usually to make more money. Either by increasing your margins or driving up unit sales by lowering price/quality. Usually a combo of both.

I love griots and their products but if you don’t think this was don with profits and margins in mind..... your not realizing they are running a business.

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s supplier started selling nearly the same product as theirs to the public for less money. They have to lower the price. Changing suppliers could have been a response to differentiate their tools from MaxShine. If changing suppliers also helps lower the price then so be it. After all as you said they are running a business.

As to quality we will see when they get into the hands of people that tear them down. Shouldn`t be longer than a couple months. And quality really means two things. How well it works (your experience using the tool) and how long it works. We may be in for a mixed bag.

Flex is going all-in on battery operated polishers to differentiate themselves. They even said everything on the roadmap internally is battery powered. As long as tools sell no need to lower prices.

Rupes seems to be the same old thing. They have the power of their brand. Just like Apple. Regardless of performance they are viewed as the premier brand in free spinning long-throw polishers. With a complete system of polishes, pads, service, etc. People pay a premium for a good brand even if it doesn`t perform any better than the cheaper guys. As long as they have sales no need to lower prices.

I too am a fan of Griot`s (why I`m in this thread). I want these tools to be great. Their previous tools were always viewed as an inferior copy of the Rupes. No one pays Rupes prices for a copy and Griot`s reasonably priced them. When Maxshine came on the scene you could buy the copy without paying the middle man. That`s very appealing to anyone that might have purchased the Griot`s to begin with.

Fingers crossed these are excellent products at a lower price without sacrificing performance and tool life.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Griot`s supplier started selling nearly the same product as theirs to the public for less money. They have to lower the price. Changing suppliers could have been a response to differentiate their tools from MaxShine. If changing suppliers also helps lower the price then so be it. After all as you said they are running a business.

As to quality we will see when they get into the hands of people that tear them down. Shouldn`t be longer than a couple months. And quality really means two things. How well it works (your experience using the tool) and how long it works. We may be in for a mixed bag.

Flex is going all-in on battery operated polishers to differentiate themselves. They even said everything on the roadmap internally is battery powered. As long as tools sell no need to lower prices.

Rupes seems to be the same old thing. They have the power of their brand. Just like Apple. Regardless of performance they are viewed as the premier brand in free spinning long-throw polishers. With a complete system of polishes, pads, service, etc. People pay a premium for a good brand even if it doesn`t perform any better than the cheaper guys. As long as they have sales no need to lower prices.

I too am a fan of Griot`s (why I`m in this thread). I want these tools to be great. Their previous tools were always viewed as an inferior copy of the Rupes. No one pays Rupes prices for a copy and Griot`s reasonably priced them. When Maxshine came on the scene you could buy the copy without paying the middle man. That`s very appealing to anyone that might have purchased the Griot`s to begin with.

Fingers crossed these are excellent products at a lower price without sacrificing performance and tool life.
    If you read my post I said i dont believe these will be significantly if at all BETTER. I didnt say they would be inferior. I dont believe Griots would put out a new model that would underperform. And as the maxshine coming out with polishers i can tell you the old m15 was not same quality as griots... not sure about the pro. And 90% of griots customer has no idea who makes their polishers.... you seem to be in the know, can you name who makes new polishers? I can’t and were on forums that deep dive into detailing most of griots customers wont dig that deep.

And as for competition.... adams would probably be their main competition and they just came out with a more expensive polisher.

With all the problems mention on here and autogeek of the G9 and these being from same company..... just not expecting a better polisher.

Hope i’m wrong

Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you read my post I said i dont believe these will be significantly if at all BETTER. I didnt say they would be inferior. I dont believe Griots would put out a new model that would underperform. And as the maxshine coming out with polishers i can tell you the old m15 was not same quality as griots... not sure about the pro. And 90% of griots customer has no idea who makes their polishers.... you seem to be in the know, can you name who makes new polishers? I can’t and were on forums that deep dive into detailing most of griots customers wont dig that deep.

And as for competition.... adams would probably be their main competition and they just came out with a more expensive polisher.

With all the problems mention on here and autogeek of the G9 and these being from same company..... just not expecting a better polisher.

Hope i’m wrong

All good points.

I read who the new supplier was the other day. I do not recall but I`ll reply back if I run across it again. Might have been in ApexDetail`s teardown video of the G9 on YouTube.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

with all the problems mention on here and autogeek of the G9...
    Huh, what? I must`ve missed that! Gee, I was kinda thinking about one of those...

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, what? I must`ve missed that! Gee, I was kinda thinking about one of those...
    Yeah check the g9 threads. Chord issues, plate issues.... small sample size but way more than i’ve heard with a gg6 as long as i’ve been on here (not long). Hopefully 1st run as i want to add an 8mm and love griots and my G15.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information