Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PFM Drying Towel(s) and using Bead Maker as a drying aid

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    I pay £16 for each Rag Company Gauntlet towel I have - no chance I`m putting any LSP near them!!! If you`ve got a properly hydrophobic coating, why not sheet the bulk of the water (95%) off then use the PFM, alternatively use something less expensive like a Pluffle towel to apply your QD/drying aid?

I see people mentioning pre-soaking... in MF detergent or dilute APC? Mine could be sitting in my detailing wash basket for weeks before I get around to washing, would it do any harm to leave them in the solution for that long?
    Hello, atbalfour ! I hope you guys are all safe and well.

I never use any microfiber for things that are greasy, very dirty, etc., that is going to require special soaking, cleaning, etc.,... I consider microfiber anything a higher level towel that certainly costs much more than similar sized cotton towels..

Have used microfiber for wiping every LSP off vehicles and they cleaned up just fine with my process..

In the past, I read about some LSP`s that had some crazy things in them that turned all material used to apply or wipe them off, into stiff, unuseable towels that were thrown away.. Why would anyone want something like that ??

I am not sure any harm would come from leaving them soaking in something, and I have never heard of anyone for almost 20 years that did that and damaged them..

Years ago, when I got really busy in the Shop, I bit the bullet and purchased a Metropolitan Master Blaster = 8hp blower that I place in the top of my rolling cart, and this bad boy definitely blows almost all the water off anything, including all those little annoying places that want to drip slowly later, etc..

This is the machine I speak of -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/mast...l#.XqnVpCmpH3g

And, since this is a paint correction Detail, I am not going to use microfiber anything to wipe it down after wash/blow dry, but instead use them to wipe off what little correction/polish residue I get at the Paint Correction step..

Perhaps others will reply to your question, re - soaking them.
    Dan F
    Likes atbalfour liked this post
    Thanks atbalfour thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PFM Drying Towel(s) and using Bead Maker as a drying aid

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Everybody seems to love their PFMs I sometimes wonder whether I would too, but, uhm...nah...

The WWs still soak up water if I "prime" them first, but doing that invariably leaves more moisture behind than I want. Yeah, it evaporates, but it`s still not the right thing for me.
    Hello, Mi Hermano ! Hope all is well for you guys up there in NEOH !
    Im ok here in NorCal, wishing I could be at Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria..

Regarding WW anything waffle weave - I have Never liked them, the first ones I tried perhaps 15 years + ago were awful, and I never used them again..

Way, way, back then, I cut off the long nozzle shorter on a Echo blower, overlapped some nice, thick, soft, rubber over the nozzle edge, and used that to blow as much water off the vehicle, and this was light years faster than those useless light blue waffle-weave-money-wasters.. With 6+ vehicles coming in each month for years, I had no time to waste..
    Not sure I even have them any longer, they might have been tossed in the few moves I have made since..
    DanF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information