Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Polished/Sealed glass today

I used GRIOT`s polished, then sealed ALL of the glass on my F-150, and did just the windshield on our Sport Trac. Was a bit of work, but am hoping it was/is worth the effort.

Will do the remaining windows, and moon roof on the Sport Trac when it quits raining, (maybe by the end of the week), and THEN, I have the wife`s F-150 to do.

From what I can see, it sheets the water off as advertised. Hope it lasts !!! LOL
    Likes re-tired, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polished/Sealed glass today

It would be worth it to me
    I am one of those guys that just CANT STAND a dirty windshield
    Likes UncleMuley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Polished/Sealed glass today

I did the same last month. Mines pretty much gone. I applied like recommended.

Polished glass. I cleaned with gyeon prep. Coated in cross hatch pattern. Let haze added secomd layer wiped off 15 mins later....

Im sure I gummed something up in application but still disappointed. Keep us updated.

Note: i’ve used wipers almost everyday i drive 80 miles back and forth to work and Washington is getting hit with a pineapple express so its been raining literally everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I also lived in the Pacific Northwest (Bellevue, and Issaquah) for 11 years and endured the constant rain..

I found that keeping new Factory wiper inserts in there did more to help than anything else.. The wiper insert edges do wear on glass, especially if the glass is not deeply cleaned/polished..

Eventually, when they invented Carpro Ceriglass Glass Polish, I applied it to all my glass with my Makita and the glass turned out really smooth and clear.. It repelled water better with just that.

I think you can also use a Random Orbital with a small pad and it will work great as well..You want to be able to "polish" the glass.. A machine properly used can do this way better than by hand..

Here it is at the autopia store -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/carp...l#.XkDk7jKQH3g
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post

Eventually, when they invented Carpro Ceriglass Glass Polish, I applied it to all my glass with my Makita and the glass turned out really smooth and clear.. It repelled water better with just that.

I think you can also use a Random Orbital with a small pad and it will work great as well..You want to be able to "polish" the glass.. A machine properly used can do this way better than by hand..

I polished with griots rayon glass pads and their fine polish. It also contains cerium oxide but i believe not as agressive as Ceriglass (have too haven’t tried). I’m going to try PIAA silicon wipers next.

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exterior glass is so worth coating. Makes all the difference in bad weather. Worth the time and effort to do it. I use the Pinnacle glass twins. Great results and long lasting.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/pinn...l#.XkFbTW5Fxjo
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

​I got the Sport Trac done today. It`s a bit of work, BUT, IMHO, so worth it !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be interested to hear how the Glass Sealants/Coatings hold up over time, especially with wiper use and/or frequent cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized I`m at about 10 months with M37 Glass Coating on my Tacoma. To be fair it isn`t a daily driver as we use a work van most of the time but it does live outside. I will say I can usually get away with never running the wipers which has got to be the key to glass coating lasting. Wipers probably only get used on misting rain or when the truck is parked and you need to clear it off. Otherwise driving it at a decent speed will shed the water easily. Truck generally is washed at least every other week and usually resort to Uber at detail dilution for a glass cleaner when needed.

On a side note started using CP Ceriglass on Carpro pads with the rotary, do you just need to cover the entire car not to get sling everywhere? Either that or do the glass before a contact wash.

Post Thanks / Like

The Sport Trac is my wife`s daily driver. It see`s ALL kinds of roads/weather. So, it will definitely be interesting to see how it holds up !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    Just realized I`m at about 10 months with M37 Glass Coating on my Tacoma. To be fair it isn`t a daily driver as we use a work van most of the time but it does live outside. I will say I can usually get away with never running the wipers which has got to be the key to glass coating lasting. Wipers probably only get used on misting rain or when the truck is parked and you need to clear it off. Otherwise driving it at a decent speed will shed the water easily. Truck generally is washed at least every other week and usually resort to Uber at detail dilution for a glass cleaner when needed.

On a side note started using CP Ceriglass on Carpro pads with the rotary, do you just need to cover the entire car not to get sling everywhere? Either that or do the glass before a contact wash.
    I use a 3” for that reason. Alot more contact of the pad.... less lift.

Likes gorram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone else used Griots glass sealant with good results.

I polished windshield with griots fine glass polish and applied sealant per instruction and only got a solid month.

Now it had rained solid that month and on average used wipers 2 hours a day for 20 days of last month so real heavy usage. Was just rxpecting at least 3 months...

Post Thanks / Like

I just applies the GRIOT`s polish, and sealant on my F-150 a month ago, and put the same on my ST today. We`ve had rain, ice, and snow since I installed it.

So far, so good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Has anyone else used Griots glass sealant with good results.

I polished windshield with griots fine glass polish and applied sealant per instruction and only got a solid month.

Now it had rained solid that month and on average used wipers 2 hours a day for 20 days of last month so real heavy usage. Was just rxpecting at least 3 months...

With that amount of abrasion it does not surprise me it doesn`t last that much. You should consider a glass coating.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    With that amount of abrasion it does not surprise me it doesn`t last that much. You should consider a glass coating.
    I have Gtechniq but waiting till spring to apply. Thought this would hold me over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information