Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia Customer Care ( Wil l)

I’ve never been impressed by Griots. My 3” buffer never did a thing and the return never happened. My pfm drying towels pull line crazy and I sent pics and a whole bunch of correspondence and got no satisfaction.

For me to spend a dime on a griots product it would have to knock my sox
    off
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Can you elaborate on how their customer service rep let you down and what it was you were calling them about? I`ve seen several posts how you`ve mentioned they let you down and as rare an occurrence as it is, I`m interested in the details of it.
    I need to reload my one of my greaseguns with a lube that`s compatible with polyurethane bushings. I still have one more tube of Griot`s Super High Impact Grease, a product I`ve used with satisfaction on other applications, and I wondered whether it`d be suitable. So I called GG and asked the CS Rep about it.

He acted like I`d called them by mistake or something...first claiming they "didn`t sell products like that.."we sell car-care and Detailing products". His tone of voice/inflection, and choice of words, strongly implied disdain on his part (but I remained friendly and polite).

I explained that I know from GG; I have a ~20 year history with GG, am familiar with their offerings, and definitely bought the product from them. He actually disputed that even after I had told him I was *reading the product name and number, including the "GRIOT`S GARAGE" branding, right off the tube. He dismissively said that he`d been there for nearly a dozen years and had never heard of it (as if 1) I`d care, and 2) that were an answer to my inquiry). Again, his tone of voice made his inappropriate mindset very clear.

He was apparently unable to find anybody to answer my Q (I`m assuming he really did try and didn`t just set down the phone...hey, I want to believe). It was clear the conversation was over and I was, uhm...pushing on a rope

This reminded me of when another Rep *insisted* that I return a batch of GG products that had proven unsatisfactory. I did so, *at my expense*, after doing a thorough write-up clearly (and politely) detailing the reasons for my dissatisfaction (which took several hours). I told them I`d be satisfied with Store Credit as I intended to remain a steadfast GG customer. I ended up receiving far less in Credit than I`d been promised, and GG "Handbooks"/catalogs quit arriving in the mail...for a few *years*. I continued ordering from GG using my father`s/wife`s catalogs, but with my Customer#. I still did not receive any in my name. I finally acted like a new customer, got a new Customer#, and started receiving catalogs in my name again.

When my GG3 died after a few minutes use, I returned it for a replacement. The new one came with a "one and done" disclaimer- zero support to be expected on that replacement, which I took as a real "[screw] you".

SO...there are three examples of a very good long-term customer, who`s spent many thousands of $ with them since their first year, getting kicked to the curb over interactions that could`ve easily gone the other way. I`d expected to be singing the praises of GG Customer Service, but it didn`t work out that way. Those experiences flew in the face of how Richard always came across on the phone back in the early days, and how he still comes across in interviews. I`m willing to assume that he just doesn`t know such [stuff] goes one, but gee... every time I make those charitable assumptions GG does something to prove me wrong. Guess I still want to believe
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sheesh, between what I read about AG and now GG, it sure seems like CS might be going down hill as a whole. I’m kinda not looking forward to making my next order lest I encounter any CS issues myself.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Sheesh, between what I read about AG and now GG, it sure seems like CS might be going down hill as a whole..
    Eh, [INSERT the ol` "it`s today`s culture!" rant that`s been voiced by every generation since time immemorial...].

The whole "I`ll use a snarky tone of voice and try to make the other person feel stupid, hey..what`s he gonna do to me from there?" really grates me. Try that in-person and I might give you a real taste of, uhm...toxic *but polite* conversation and we`ll see who feels what
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I need to reload my one of my greaseguns with a lube that`s compatible with polyurethane bushings. I still have one more tube of Griot`s Super High Impact Grease, a product I`ve used with satisfaction on other applications, and I wondered whether it`d be suitable. So I called GG and asked the CS Rep about it.

He acted like I`d called them by mistake or something...first claiming they "didn`t sell products like that.."we sell car-care and Detailing products". His tone of voice/inflection, and choice of words, strongly implied disdain on his part (but I remained friendly and polite).

I explained that I know from GG; I have a ~20 year history with GG, am familiar with their offerings, and definitely bought the product from them. He actually disputed that even after I had told him I was *reading the product name and number, including the "GRIOT`S GARAGE" branding, right off the tube. He dismissively said that he`d been there for nearly a dozen years and had never heard of it (as if 1) I`d care, and 2) that were an answer to my inquiry). Again, his tone of voice made his inappropriate mindset very clear.

He was apparently unable to find anybody to answer my Q (I`m assuming he really did try and didn`t just set down the phone...hey, I want to believe). It was clear the conversation was over and I was, uhm...pushing on a rope

This reminded me of when another Rep *insisted* that I return a batch of GG products that had proven unsatisfactory. I did so, *at my expense*, after doing a thorough write-up clearly (and politely) detailing the reasons for my dissatisfaction (which took several hours). I told them I`d be satisfied with Store Credit as I intended to remain a steadfast GG customer. I ended up receiving far less in Credit than I`d been promised, and GG "Handbooks"/catalogs quit arriving in the mail...for a few *years*. I continued ordering from GG using my father`s/wife`s catalogs, but with my Customer#. I still did not receive any in my name. I finally acted like a new customer, got a new Customer#, and started receiving catalogs in my name again.

When my GG3 died after a few minutes use, I returned it for a replacement. The new one came with a "one and done" disclaimer- zero support to be expected on that replacement, which I took as a real "[screw] you".

SO...there are three examples of a very good long-term customer, who`s spent many thousands of $ with them since their first year, getting kicked to the curb over interactions that could`ve easily gone the other way. I`d expected to be singing the praises of GG Customer Service, but it didn`t work out that way. Those experiences flew in the face of how Richard always came across on the phone back in the early days, and how he still comes across in interviews. I`m willing to assume that he just doesn`t know such [stuff] goes one, but gee... every time I make those charitable assumptions GG does something to prove me wrong. Guess I still want to believe
    Those incidents would definitely have me thinking twice about buying their products again. I can say in the decade+ years I`ve been buying their products that they have never let me down. Warranties, exchanges, paid return labels, answering questions, all done to my satisfaction. So hearing your situations I`m wondering if it`s just bad luck getting the wrong person on the line or what is going on over there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Will at Autopia fixed me up with a Griots G15 matching Griots price and I was able to use my reward points also.

Like in other posts about customer service it does matter and Will came thru
    G15 `s gone on Griots page. Lowered price on G12,G6 and G3

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    ... hearing your situations I`m wondering if it`s just bad luck getting the wrong person on the line or what is going on over there.
    Heh heh, maybe you`ve just had unusually *good* luck!

But seriously, I`m so used to [crappy] CS and the general trend towards people being casually offensive that I`m still willing to basically shrug it off. For the most part- I sure don`t mind buying equivalent products from others if the price is right, which is a change from when I`d gladly pay a premium to support Richard`s endeavors. Eh, I get the feeling that "others" are basically running the show these days anyhow and GG won`t miss me if I completely jump ship.

Post Thanks / Like

G15 `s gone on Griots page. Lowered price on G12,G6 and G3
    My Boo Boo still at Griots didn`t have my morning coffee

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don’t think any of these companies we deal with will miss us if we jump ship hence the crappy CS.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

KBs Toy- Well, they`re not pushing it the way they used to, maybe because they want the attention on the G9.

When I spoke with the guy about the BOSS15 vs. G9, he said the BOSS15 was geared towards Pros (which struck me as kinda odd, but that`s what he said).

Post Thanks / Like

Just a heads up if using gift certificates (purchase was at AG but just a heads up).

I cancelled an order during my Mckee’s gallons fiasco and on one on the existing products i requested free delivery.

The CS person said the couldnt match the free delivery promo that Autopia had because i used a promo code even though i told him pricing was same.

No problem, cancel my order. Wasn’t about the $5 as i was already feeling burned with the gallons being taken off my order. I felt the person was being condescending/short in emails but this could be me as we read things in the moment how we feel and may have not in anyway meant what person meant.

Kicker was refund was never put back on giftcard. Never emailed about credit.... nothing. Was this on purpose? Was guy being a jerk? I hope and assume not. Called today (ordered on 8th, cancelled 11th) and they apologized and said it would just be sitting thier as store credit. Thats fine but and CS person said their fault she was on vacation. Thing is she thought it was this past Thursday. It was the 11th.

Not impressed at all and long story short check your giftcard refunds as they seem not too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    KBs Toy- Well, they`re not pushing it the way they used to, maybe because they want the attention on the G9.

When I spoke with the guy about the BOSS15 vs. G9, he said the BOSS15 was geared towards Pros (which struck me as kinda odd, but that`s what he said).
    Does seem odd, Maybe not a detailer at heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Does seem odd,...[that GG CS REp might be].. Maybe not a detailer at heart.
    That`d be too bad, if such businesses start hiring people who aren`t really into Detailing.

Not that I simply disregarded what he said about how the G9 and BOSS15 compare.

MAYBE, we Autopians are simply so off the deep end that even Reps at places like GG aren`t on our wavelength. I do remember how Mike Philips once suggested that my standards are unreasonably high for daily drivers...consider *him* saying that to a guy who`s discussing his regular year-round daily cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t know about the phones but most reps at company store are pretty young. They are not detail savvy to start but they get pretty intensive training. Seen the younger griots son teaching a newbie how to polish.

Nice to know the family still puts their tome and effort into their business. Show them the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Don’t know about the phones but most reps at company store are pretty young...
    The guy I spoke with was definitely of a different generation from Yours Truly. Different in lots of other ways too...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information