Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Cord Question

Like many of the Milwaukee Corded Heavy Duty Drills-etc with a detachable Cord I own, I`ve usually left well enough alone, and don`t disconnect the Cords from the Tool.
    Same can be done with the G9/G8 I suppose.

With all my Polishing Tools it was a simple trip over to Wally World and buy a compatible sized cheapo Stanley Plastic Tool Box to store my various Units in. Thus all accessories stay with the Tool in one place, Backing Plates, Wrenches, etc.

I might suspect with Griots some initial quality control issues mostly, and I`d assume they`re looking over their supply at present before shipping to insure no outward issues. Such hiccups are costing them money.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

bad penny- I`m really glad to read the positive review, especially after you had to deal with that cord issue.

I`m guessing that you`ll just leave the cord attached all the time

Post Thanks / Like

MarkD brought up an interesting point...what to store it in.

I`ve always stored my polishers in the boxes they came in. With the G9, does that call for either removing the cord or buying something new for storage?

I`m wondering about that on the G8 now too...not that I really plan to get one, but you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator - Yes, you’d have to remove the cord to put it back in the box it came in, or find a new home for it. You might be able to modify the box if you really wanted to stick with what I came in, but I feel like you’d have at least a chunk of the cord hanging out. Suppose you could also just notch the box and loop the cord outside the box.

FWIW, I’m sticking to my glowing review from when I got my first-week G9. Hasn’t missed a beat through the couple (multi-step) cars I’ve put it through, and I’ve taken full advantage of the new cord design.

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- Ah, OK..thanks for confirming that about the cord and the oe box.

I`ll just be keeping my BOSS15 (after discussing the BOSS15 vs. G9 topic with GG), but I still appreciate the info.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    MarkD brought up an interesting point...what to store it in.

I`ve always stored my polishers in the boxes they came in. With the G9, does that call for either removing the cord or buying something new for storage?

I`m wondering about that on the G8 now too...not that I really plan to get one, but you never know.
    Me, I`ve kept Boxes from things like Vintage JBL Speakers, Tape Decks, since 1974. I usually hang onto all boxes for Audio Equipment, Astronomy Gear, Tools such as these Polishers, Meat Grinders, Meat Slicers, Cameras, important items, you get the picture. For those Polisher Boxes, I`ll keep all pertinent Paperwork, and Receipts. Good to have a storage room or a Basement Shelf to store such.

Wise to keep the Griots Boxes since their tools come with a lifetime warrantee. That in case of a problem down the road, you have a Shipping Box.

Post Thanks / Like

*Update

The machine took a dump on me today. Calling tomorrow to request a cash refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    bad penny- I`m really glad to read the positive review, especially after you had to deal with that cord issue.

I`m guessing that you`ll just leave the cord attached all the time

That was my intention.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve heard griots went away from Max Shine building their polishers. Wonder who new manufacturer is. If you were thinking g9 maybe get a g15 their clearing out. These older versions seem to be built like tanks and at $224 their a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve heard griots went away from Max Shine building their polishers. Wonder who new manufacturer is. If you were thinking g9 maybe get a g15 their clearing out. These older versions seem to be built like tanks and at $224 their a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The way I see it their guarantee says I have a 30 day window to return for cash refund (despite the original purchase being 10 years ago). I`m going that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    *Update

The machine took a dump on me today. Calling tomorrow to request a cash refund.
    I`m sorry to hear that. Yep, I`d say in your instance, throw in the towel, bail out and get the full refund. I`m assuming the refund will be for what you paid for your GG6, correct? (probably the same amount)

As for another mentioning the Griots G-15 which I assume is the Boss 15 for $224, yeah that`s almost $100 less than I paid for mine, I caught mine on a sale and it was $316.

I`d say get the refund back first, then sleep on what you choose to do.

PS: I do note the Boss Polishers here are still at their full price, (probably AG too) but would assume since Griots themselves have these Polishers on sale, that Autopia/AG would have to honor that lower selling price.

(At Griot`s Site, the Boss-15 is listed at $224.99, and the Boss-21 is listed at $244.99 FYI)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I`m veering slightly off topic with this post, but it is a question in regards to Griot`s Lifetime Warrantee, and I`d assume no one, not even Griots would have an answer for at this point in time:

If, and has been previously stated, that Griots is discontinuing the manufacture-sale of the Boss-15/Boss-21 Polishers, and an owner has a failure, contacts Griots, Griots asks for the machine to be returned, but the Polisher is unrepairable, and there`s no replacement Units available for an exchange, then what happens?

I`d assume an owner who`s shelled out big dollars for either Boss Machine wouldn`t be too happy just getting a G9 or G8 in exchange, as an "equal" replacement, replacing these two more expensive long throw Polishers.

Unless Griots has no plans of discontinuation yet until new versions are available? Food for thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    If, and has been previously stated, that Griots is discontinuing the manufacture-sale of the Boss-15/Boss-21 Polishers, and an owner has a failure, contacts Griots, Griots asks for the machine to be returned, but the Polisher is unrepairable, and there`s no replacement Units available for an exchange, then what happens?
    Huh? Did I miss this somewhere?
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    The way I see it their guarantee says I have a 30 day window to return for cash refund (despite the original purchase being 10 years ago). I`m going that route.
    Not sure I read their policy the same way you do. They say they provide a lifetime guarantee against defect, under which they`ll repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if they`re able to do neither. You originally purchased a 6" polisher, which they would offer to replace (unfortunately, again) since they have a product matching that description to replace it with. If you`re that against having a G9, you could ask if they have old stock/refurbished GG6`s to replace your 1st gen model (from your description).

While you`ve had the G9 for less than 30 days, your original purchase price sounds like it was years ago. Reminds me of the car battery warranty situation.
    If you buy a car battery with a 6 year warranty with 2 years free replacement, and the battery fails at 1 year 11 months, you get a replacement battery at no cost to you. But, your warranty continues from the day you bought the first one - not when you got the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Sorry if I`m veering slightly off topic with this post, but it is a question in regards to Griot`s Lifetime Warrantee, and I`d assume no one, not even Griots would have an answer for at this point in time:

I`d assume an owner who`s shelled out big dollars for either Boss Machine wouldn`t be too happy just getting a G9 or G8 in exchange, as an "equal" replacement, replacing these two more expensive long throw Polishers.

Unless Griots has no plans of discontinuation yet until new versions are available? Food for thought.
    Mark - Based on what I`ve heard them say about this being an anniversary year for the company and they`ve got big plans (plus they`re pretty deeply discounting their long throws), I`d assume they`ve got updated replacements in the works for the G15 and G21. Probably fancier motors, digital speed controllers, quick-disconnect cords, etc to match the G8 and G9.

Just my thoughts.

BadPenny - Sorry again this has been a rough go for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Huh? Did I miss this somewhere?
    Sorry if it appears I might be spreading false or unknown rumor about discontinuation of the Griots Boss-15/21 Machines.

Reckon no one knows at this point until Griots formally states such. Does seem odd to me though, that Griots is blowing out these two Tools at such discounted prices.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information