Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

G9 Cord Question

The detachable cord at first glance was really appealing to me. I figured this would help make it easier to store. However, after polishing a car and having it vibrate loose 25 times I`m wishing that I had my old unit back.

Is there a secret to making this cord stay in place??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Cord Question

I`d make Griot`s aware of your issue so it can be addressed in version 2.0
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The cord has a locking notch on it, in the product video Nick swings one around his head using the cord like a lasso. Sounds like you got a defective one, but that`s still not good. The whole point of the cord design is it locks and won`t randomly come out. The more stories I read about the G9, the more I think I want an Adam`s SK Pro 15. But it`s new new and there`s no feedback on it yet so it might have poor quality control too.

Did yours ever click into place? With the pics that seems like what it should do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Making this thread in their sub forum I`m hoping a representative will see and respond

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    The cord has a locking notch on it, in the product video Nick swings one around his head using the cord like a lasso. Sounds like you got a defective one, but that`s still not good. The whole point of the cord design is it locks and won`t randomly come out. The more stories I read about the G9, the more I think I want an Adam`s SK Pro 15. But it`s new new and there`s no feedback on it yet so it might have poor quality control too.

Did yours ever click into place? With the pics that seems like what it should do.
    I saw that video. It was very impressive. unfortunately the teat that holds the cord into place on my unit doesn`t stick out far enough to catch.

Considering I just spent $30 shipping my broken unit back if I have to send this one back I will be taking them up on their offer of refunding the original purchase price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post

Get a boss 15. Love mine. Great reviews on them and not nearly any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes felixthecat, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Get a boss 15. Love mine. Great reviews on them and not nearly any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I already have a rupes 15 & two rupes 21 and am only a 1 man show so doubt I will do that but thanks for the suggestion.
    This machine is not something that I will use much but when I do I expect it to perform as advertised.

Merry Christmas
    Likes Coatings=crack, JustJesus, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Call them, insist that they send you a return label for the cord. They will help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Call them, insist that they send you a return label for the cord. They will help you.
    I haven`t thought of that. Good idea ��

The machine itself seems lighter then the previous version and not a lot of vibration so I am digging that.

Merry Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I`m resisting the temptation to go all "I told ya so.."

And my Inner Skeptic, uhm...has an opinion... about an internet video showing somebody (with skin in the game) swinging it around like that.

Hope Griot`s takes care of this, without people who complain getting on a [feces] List the way I did when I did a big return (at a GG employee`s insistence). I`d sure contact them *before using the unit* if they send one with a cord that doesn`t attach properly, or any other discernible issues.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad that I did not buy one of these-- I know that there are always going to be good and bad ones--
    i am going to wait till another version is released- might be a year or two though
    Likes KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

And my Inner Skeptic, uhm...has an opinion... about an internet video showing somebody (with skin in the game) swinging it around like that.

Hope Griot`s takes care of this, without people who complain getting on a [feces] List the way I did when I did a big return (at a GG employee`s insistence). I`d sure contact them *before using the unit* if they send one with a cord that doesn`t attach properly, or any other discernible issues.
    I joined here after this transaction so you can`t tell me that you told me so (haha).

I actually had no idea that I would be receiving this new model. I had returned my gg6 thinking they were going to replace the cord or switch (I had already replaced the brushes twice).
    When I was informed that I would be receiving the new model that`s when I researched and found the video.
    When the salesman started slinging that thing around a small part of me wanted to see if come lose and go through a plate glass window (kinda like when that guy threw a brick at the new `bullet proof` tesla suv window)

If someone gets their pantys in a wad so be it. I call it like I see it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Info I got when inquiring.

[LEFT]Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot`s and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care![/LEFT]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Info I got when inquiring..."there aren’t any changes needed at the moment."..
    I guess that`s what they *would* say with the v1.0 being so new-to-market. Maybe the one bad penny got is just an aberration and they`ll take care of it (shipping and all). That`s the kind of CS I`d expect from Griot`s, or rather..the kind of CS I used to expect before my little experience with them. (If they do take care of him 100% I`ll be the first to say that they`re showing improvement in this area.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hope Griot`s takes care of this...
    Thanks for the chuckle.

I`m glad I didn`t go out and buy one, or trade in my trusty GG6. I`ll hold off and keep using my Flex 3401, though.

Between some of the issues I`m reading about the G9, and the car wash soap in the other thread, I really do hope Griot`s takes care of things.

I`m hesitant (again) on getting any new things from Griot`s. It took some time for me to get Griot`s stuff and have enjoyed what I have, even the little GG3 unit which I really do like!

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information