Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Cord Question

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Soooo nothings wrong with your gg3 and you wand credit? Its a lifetime warranty not a lifetime satisfaction guarantee.... thats 160 days....

If someone gets a full detail but not happy with it. Do they get their money back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Works the same as it did on day 1. Unfortunately I haven`t used it much since day 1 though due to lack of power.
    I thought for sure that I read in the contract if you are ever dissatisfied with any griots product "for any reason" return for credit. After rereading now it looks like you are right.
    Maybe I`ll use the $75 credit that I have towards the buy back program. My gg3 also has the 25` cord so that would be another $29.99 in credit.

I`m also thinking of leaving this new gg9 in the box and never using it at all. Will make it easier to get rid of down the road.

Post Thanks / Like

^ anything that doesn`t make sense up there I blame on my fire tablet. Amen
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    Nope. Works the same as it did on day 1. Unfortunately I haven`t used it much since day 1 though due to lack of power.
    I thought for sure that I read in the contract if you are ever dissatisfied with any griots product "for any reason" return for credit. After rereading now it looks like you are right.
    Maybe I`ll use the $75 credit that I have towards the buy back program. My gg3 also has the 25` cord so that would be another $29.99 in credit.

I`m also thinking of leaving this new gg9 in the box and never using it at all. Will make it easier to get rid of down the road.
    Yeah you would get a higher premium new in box. Offer it up for trade for something you want. Sad that it wont take a 3”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it`s your money spent, that in any case and with any machine, it is yours to choose what you wish to do with it.

True, the GG3 is no powerhouse, might depend upon pads used? Generally, the highest speed will get you some decent correction properties. Also, the GG3 can be fitted with a 2" Backing Plate and Pads.

As for the GG9, sure, you could probably list it on a local Craigslist if you have one. Or maybe a friend may be interested? AFAIK, don`t matter who buys it, they will also have the lifetime warrantee applied.

This is something I might very well do myself one day, and in regards to you perhaps questioning, and feeling somewhat pessimistic about the quality, and non-stalling capabilities of a full size machine, and in particular the Griots GG9, what I might suggest is buy yourself the Flex Supa-Beast, and never look back.

I might also thin my herd in time, and sell a couple of my tools, seriously consider the Supa-Beast, and perhaps a smaller Flex (Pixie) to compliment it.

Nothing says you have to be married to any particular tool forever.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a half dozen 50` extension cords, so there`s no need for that additional 25` (especially when I can get $30 for it).
    Ah, OK... just wondered. I kinda surprised myself by liking the longer cord even with all my extensions!

... They took back those 10+ year old bottles of product. I expected they would but was ready to raise hell if they didn`t.
    Huh, well...props to them for that at least

I wasn`t aware the gg3 was still in production? I assumed when it plays out they`ll send the gg8??
    Earlier I said I was going to start using the gg3 daily in hopes I can wear it out but honesty it performs so poorly I don`t have time for that.
    Heh heh, if it dies as fast as mine did it won`t take much time at all!
    My thinking now is to send it back requesting store credit then use the credit to purchase the gg8 for basically the same price... All I`ve done is take advantage of what was legitimately offered to me.
    I dunno...I`d feel like I was gaming the system, but that`s just me. If they feel the same way you`ll probably get some push-back, but it`s an interesting idea. I do think you`d like the G8 better, but it does take larger pads than the GG3.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, OK... just wondered. I kinda surprised myself by liking the longer cord even with all my extensions!

Huh, well...props to them for that at least

Heh heh, if it dies as fast as mine did it won`t take much time at all!

I dunno...I`d feel like I was gaming the system, but that`s just me. If they feel the same way you`ll probably get some push-back, but it`s an interesting idea. I do think you`d like the G8 better, but it does take larger pads than the GG3.
    First, if I was gaming the system I would turn the machine on, go to lunch, come back and only pay $30 in shipping and receive a new machine (plus keep my $75 credit).

Second. If they took my 10 year old wax back (because I wasn`t happy) what`s the difference if it`s a machine?

The longer cord still isn`t long enough to polish a car without adding a extension cord so it seems unnecessary.

I found a half dozen oddball 4" pads and have officially dug the gg3 from the bottom of my trunk. Tomorrow that baby starts work....

Post Thanks / Like

BP, how much do you figure you’ve spent with Griot’s over the past year?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    BP, how much do you figure you’ve spent with Griot’s over the past year?
    That`s easy. I`ve spent nothing with griots over the past 12 months. Why do you ask?

Post Thanks / Like

They did cost me $30 in shipping free tho

Post Thanks / Like

^ fee

#firetabletssuck

Post Thanks / Like

First, if I was gaming the system I would turn the machine on, go to lunch, come back and only pay $30 in shipping and receive a new machine (plus keep my $75 credit).

Second. If they took my 10 year old wax back (because I wasn`t happy) what`s the difference if it`s a machine?

The longer cord still isn`t long enough to polish a car without adding a extension cord so it seems unnecessary.

I found a half dozen oddball 4" pads and have officially dug the gg3 from the bottom of my trunk. Tomorrow that baby starts work....
    You`ll likely find unfavorable results with a 4" Pad on the GG3. While something like a Meg`s 4" Pad might "look OK", they are sort of thick also, the GG3 will struggle with them, even on Speed 6. I have a number of the Meg`s 4" Pads on hand, but never used them with the GG3, only on the PC7424XP with the appropriate Backing Plate.

Post Thanks / Like

That`s easy. I`ve spent nothing with griots over the past 12 months. Why do you ask?
    How about the past 5 years? Simple curiousity.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

bad penny- I guess it`s kinda funny how I still like having the longer cords even though I plug `em into my extension cords! Just me...

I`m wondering if your GG3 is the same v1.0 that I have. Mine would be an utter FAIL with 4" pads, they wouldn`t even be appropriately sized for the plate, not close enough to even try even if I thought it could work with them (which I`m confident it couldn`t since it`s so marginal with the 3" ones).

EDIT: Oh, and I didn`t mean to sound all flaming judgmental about "gaming the system". I just see it a certain way when I put myself in GG`s shoes, and once again, that`s just me being me. ALMOST a(nother) case where I should`ve just stepped away from the keyboard and kept my mouth shut.

Post Thanks / Like

*Update:

I call griots today around 2:00 to discuss their buy back/exchange program for the gg3/gg8.
    Unfortunately, my call was answered by an answering service that couldn`t give me any answers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    How about the past 5 years? Simple curiousity.
    Not a Penny! But what does that have to do with the warranty?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information