Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 136
  1. #76

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
    Sorry if it appears I might be spreading false or unknown rumor about discontinuation of the Griots Boss-15/21 Machines.

    Reckon no one knows at this point until Griots formally states such. Does seem odd to me though, that Griots is blowing out these two Tools at such discounted prices.
    Oh, I see how much they have these discounted. I can see why that might cause some speculation that these machines are being discontinued. I`m not a huge student of Griot`s but I`d be more inclined to agree with Oneheadlite`s view that they would be improving these machines, rather than un-improving them, so to speak. Who knows, maybe they will make cordless versions.

  2. #77
    Oneheadlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Just my guess looking at their (G15/G21) spot on their product totem pole: I could see them adding the quick connect cord from the G8/G9, I`d be surprised if they took them fully cordless since (in my head) they`re more of a production machine.

    I did notice their little cordless machine (wax spreader?) is also discounted. Maybe they`ve got a new cordless something in the pipeline as well. Maybe more along the lines of a mini polisher?

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    SO, to get at the crux of the matter: Is the G9 a bad machine due to these early quality issues? Is it worth buying?
    I ask because of highly-respected Mike lambert`s post of his opinions on this machine influenced me to consider this my next upgrade for a long-throw DA polishing machine that SOOOOO many hobbyist seem to asking about repeatedly: What polisher should I buy?
    (please see: https://www.autopia.org/forums/machi...tml?highlight= My response is Post #14)
    GB detailer

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Just my guess looking at their (G15/G21) spot on their product totem pole: I could see them adding the quick connect cord from the G8/G9, I`d be surprised if they took them fully cordless since (in my head) they`re more of a production machine.
    I`m not disagreeing with you, I would just argue that why CAN`T a cordless polisher be a production machine? I think we`re trending that way, if the charge time is less than or equal to the run time and it comes with two batteries. And if "range anxiety" is the problem, they could set it up like the Rupes Nano where it can run on a cord, also. I agree it`s not the likeliest scenario, but we`ve dropped the cord on a lot of stuff over time.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    12,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    SO, to get at the crux of the matter: Is the G9 a bad machine due to these early quality issues?
    It`s certainly not a good sign, and it`s doubly bad because even if they fix the issues going forward, there will always be doubt/skepticism since they had them in the first place. I think we had that with the UDM, it always had a cloud over it...and...wasn`t there a Meg`s polisher also, that was similar to the UDM, that they just had continuing problems with.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    85,968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    *Update

    The machine took a dump on me today. Calling tomorrow to request a cash refund.
    Oh man, you can`t seem to win for losing! And here I thought everything was all squared-away now

    What happened with it?

    Gotta say that the various issues plaguing various RO/DA polishers sure make me appreciate those old Cyclos of mine...

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Contact them directly.

    https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

    From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”

    I was told today that Thisisn`t true. All they offer is a store credit (insert pile of crap emoji)

  8. #83
    Oneheadlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    549
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Contact them directly.

    https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

    From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”
    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I was told today that Thisisn`t true. All they offer is a store credit (insert pile of crap emoji)
    While I get you`re frustrated going through the string of troubles you`ve had, I would assume the 180 day trial starts at the purchase of the first product. Am I crazy thinking somewhere I read your original polisher was from 10 years ago, and the G9 was sent to you as a replacement after your original polisher had troubles? If so, they`re honoring their end of their statement by offering you crediting your purchase price (a warranty replacement would fall into the "After that...". My thoughts still come back to my comment earlier:

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Not sure I read their policy the same way you do. They say they provide a lifetime guarantee against defect, under which they`ll repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if they`re able to do neither. You originally purchased a 6" polisher, which they would offer to replace (unfortunately, again) since they have a product matching that description to replace it with. If you`re that against having a G9, you could ask if they have old stock/refurbished GG6`s to replace your 1st gen model (from your description).

    While you`ve had the G9 for less than 30 days, your original purchase price sounds like it was years ago. Reminds me of the car battery warranty situation.
    If you buy a car battery with a 6 year warranty with 2 years free replacement, and the battery fails at 1 year 11 months, you get a replacement battery at no cost to you. But, your warranty continues from the day you bought the first one - not when you got the replacement.
    ...
    Just my thoughts.

    BadPenny - Sorry again this has been a rough go for you.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Contact them directly.

    https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

    From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    While I get you`re frustrated going through the string of troubles you`ve had, I would assume the 180 day trial starts at the purchase of the first product. Am I crazy thinking somewhere I read your original polisher was from 10 years ago, and the G9 was sent to you as a replacement after your original polisher had troubles? If so, they`re honoring their end of their statement by offering you crediting your purchase price (a warranty replacement would fall into the "After that...". My thoughts still come back to my comment earlier:
    Where does it say purchase date? I read it differently. I`ve had this polisher 2 weeks and am not happy with. I won`t my old unit back or my money

  10. #85
    SUPER MODERATOR GearHead_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    10,540
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    If you purchased that unit within the last 180 days you should get your money back. If this unit is a replacement for a unit purchased before that time you are entitled to another polisher or a credit with Griot’s. I further think that it says you are only entitled to the credit if they cannot replace or repair your defective unit. Anyway, that’s the way I read that warranty...
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Oneheadlite, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    If you purchased that unit within the last 180 days you should get your money back. If this unit is a replacement for a unit purchased before that time you are entitled to another polisher or a credit with Griot’s. I further think that it says you are only entitled to the credit if they cannot replace or repair your defective unit. Anyway, that’s the way I read that warranty...
    It doesn`t read that way though.
    They should amend their warranty if that`s the way they intended it to read.

    This machine has been a problem since day 1 and now it`s broken. I have no confidence the next machine will be any better and I don`t want to have to spend $34 in shipping fees every time it breaks.
    Call me crazy but sure sounds like this falls under "if you don`t like for any reason"

  12. #87

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Oh man, you can`t seem to win for losing! And here I thought everything was all squared-away now

    What happened with it?

    Gotta say that the various issues plaguing various RO/DA polishers sure make me appreciate those old Cyclos of mine...
    About halfway through a car the machine started pulsating and then suddenly quit all together. I thought I had knocked the cord loose but that wasn`t the case. If you "pump" the trigger long enough it temporarily kicks back on.
    They quit supplying replacement brushes so I couldn`t even try that. Dead in the water is where I was. Thank God I keep 6+ other polishers in my trunk!!

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I was told today that Thisisn`t true. All they offer is a store credit (insert pile of crap emoji)
    Yours was a warranty replacement. If bought new the would have refunded you your money. It states 180 days of purchase....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    As for G15 and 21.... the 15 is not on AG or autopia anymore all i could find was the g21. Griots wouldn’t devalue their product by selling it that cheap. In fact 1st time ive seen Griots put them on sale.

    I ask a sales rep when i was at Griots and he kinda bobbled around the i dont think so when i asked if the were going to be upgreaded a few weeks ago.

    With G8 and G9 supposedly a different manufacturer the are probably switching to that same company. I suggested another thread looks like their gearing down for a switch.

    With all the issues with G9 and G8 i suggested to swoop one up. I dont think youll find a better quality ling throw for $225


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: G9 Cord Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    It states 180 days of purchase....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Where does it say that?

 

 
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Makita 9227c Power Cord Question
    By imported_artikxscout in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2011, 11:06 PM
  2. PC cord going/went bad
    By Tex Star Detail in forum Paint Correction and Gloss Enhancement
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 04:15 PM
  3. Bad PC cord
    By derek37 in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 09:12 PM
  4. Extension Cord Question
    By zesty-man in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 06:26 AM
  5. Pc Cord
    By jab in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •