Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G9 Cord Question

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Info I got when inquiring.

[LEFT]Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot`s and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care![/LEFT]
    So, are they saying the 6 different people I`ve seen where their cord didn`t work right, or at all are misinforming us? Or are they referring to the I think SEMA video where a Griot`s rep said they were making a few slight changes to the G9 to lower the vibration and I think motor whine?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by re-tired View Post
    I am glad that I did not buy one of these-- I know that there are always going to be good and bad ones--
    i am going to wait till another version is released- might be a year or two though
    This machine sure has been a disappointment that is for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Info I got when inquiring.

[LEFT]Ken,

Thank you for the email! I contacted Griot`s and they said, "There is no “2nd” gen G9 being planned or in production. There isn’t any flaw with the G9 itself that would necessitate it. Some misinformation was accidentally given, but overall there aren’t any changes needed at the moment.". If you have any other questions please let me know. Take care![/LEFT]
    If you don`t mind could you ask how do I get my money back from the original purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I guess that`s what they *would* say with the v1.0 being so new-to-market. Maybe the one bad penny got is just an aberration and they`ll take care of it (shipping and all). That`s the kind of CS I`d expect from Griot`s, or rather..the kind of CS I used to expect before my little experience with them. (If they do take care of him 100% I`ll be the first to say that they`re showing improvement in this area.)
    I`ve always had good luck with their customer service. Hopefully I will continue to feel that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

I`m glad I didn`t go out and buy one, or trade in my trusty GG6. I`ll hold off and keep using my Flex 3401
    That`s strange. When mine broke I started using my flex 3401. I had forgotten how much I hate that machine. Wish I could unload that ridiculous piece of equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    So, are they saying the 6 different people I`ve seen where their cord didn`t work right, or at all are misinforming us? Or are they referring to the I think SEMA video where a Griot`s rep said they were making a few slight changes to the G9 to lower the vibration and I think motor whine?
    I have the short and long cord. Neither will stay connected. The B Team was working Quality Control when my machine came down the line.

Having said that this machine may have the best balance out of any polisher that I`ve ever used.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    That`s strange. When mine broke I started using my flex 3401. I had forgotten how much I hate that machine. Wish I could unload that ridiculous piece of equipment.
    I`m sure you could unload it! If I wasn`t already saving my change for the Flex PXE, i`d ask what you`d want for it

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure you could unload it! If I wasn`t already saving my change for the Flex PXE, i`d ask what you`d want for it
    I`m funny about selling my stuff. Once it`s paid for its pretty much going to the grave with me

Post Thanks / Like

I`m funny about selling my stuff. Once it`s paid for its pretty much going to the grave with me
    I hear you. I hate selling certain things. Tools is one

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you don`t mind could you ask how do I get my money back from the original purchase?
    Contact them directly.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Contact them directly.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/categor...-+guarantee.do

From their site:
    CUSTOMERS FOR LIFE - 100% GUARANTEEAt Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.
    Customers for life. That`s our guarantee.”
    or

I will be calling them tomorrow. Hopefully I won`t have to pay $30 in shipping again

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I sometimes think that JustJesus and I are about the only guys here who like the Flex 3401! Well, OK...it won`t finish out well enough, but I don`t use it for that.

And, heh heh#2...when some company (even one that I like, like GG) says stuff about Customer Satisfaction, IMO we oughta take it with the same shakerfull of salt that we reach for with regard to product performance. Not like anybody says "all we really care about is getting your $ and turning a profit"

That said, I do think that they certainly oughta step up and cover the shipping in this case. bad penny deserved to get a unit without any manufacturing defects and that cord attachment certainly oughta qualify. If they argue "should`ve caught it before you used it"...well, that`d be pretty [crappy]. IMO this is a good test of how their CS is these days, so I hope bad penny posts back with some good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, I sometimes think that JustJesus and I are about the only guys here who like the Flex 3401! Well, OK...it won`t finish out well enough, but I don`t use it for that.
    I just picked up on the anti 3401 vibe during research recently on the Flex PXE. My experience is limited to the Porter Cable I used prior which stalled easily under load. What`s the next step in life after 3401?

Post Thanks / Like

On here, we may very well be! On the sister site, Mike P still seems to use it often. On that site as well, there`s a guy from New Zealand that enjoys the 3401, as well as the others in the Flex line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I just picked up on the anti 3401 vibe during research recently on the Flex PXE. My experience is limited to the Porter Cable I used prior which stalled easily under load. What`s the next step in life after 3401?
    hahaha. Yeah, people dislike the 3401. It`s still my go-to.

What`s next after the 3401? it`s all preference, really. Some go Rupes, some Griot`s. Some stick to the Flex machines (cordless, or corded).

Really is a user preference. I suggest trying to get your hands on the tools if you can. Hold `em, use `em, etc. See what YOU like
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha. Yeah, people dislike the 3401. It`s still my go-to.
    Really is a user preference. I suggest trying to get your hands on the tools if you can. Hold `em, use `em, etc. See what YOU like
    I guess so. Everyone I`ve had try my 3401 love it vs their current machine..... No one I know has a Rubes. Mainly PC or Griots.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information