Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And then... There was a G8

JustJesus- Thanks for that link! I`ll have to mull this over...as with the G8, that Flex is new enough that I`d worry about being a Beta-tester, which seldom works out well for me. Heh heh, I can just imagine how much better the inevitable V2.0 ones of each will be!

At least with the iBrid, it`s more of a known quantity..for better and worse (there seem to have been lots of power-connect issues).

EDIT: The current GG 3" is supposedly a lot more potent than my v1.0, which harkens back to what I posted about "V2.0" models of things...

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had good luck with my GG3 using the 2" plate/pads. Never really used it with 3". I am going to keep it though. I use it for spot wet sanding and like the smaller 5mm orbit for that.

I like the look of that G8. I haven`t seen any pictures of it side by side with a GG3 though. At that price I will certainly get one. Maybe even 2 and have one with 3" and one with 2" plates. I don`t like swapping out plates.

I`m sure that Flex will reach the $500 plus range. Haven`t seen and price quotes on that yet either. I think I would rather have that unit over the Rupe`s Ibrid unless you have use for all the brush attachments and such.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, I can just imagine how much better the inevitable V2.0 ones of each will be!

At least with the iBrid, it`s more of a known quantity..for better and worse (there seem to have been lots of power-connect issues).

EDIT: The current GG 3" is supposedly a lot more potent than my v1.0, which harkens back to what I posted about "V2.0" models of things...
    You`re welcome. I`ll try and post some videos over the weekend so you can see how they swap the "mechanism."

Ahhhh. Good points with the v1.0 and such!!

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I`m sure that Flex will reach the $500 plus range. Haven`t seen and price quotes on that yet either. I think I would rather have that unit over the Rupe`s Ibrid unless you have use for all the brush attachments and such.
    I truly expected the 500+ range and told my wife the same thing. I was a bit surprised to see the kit cost of 399$

I haven`t seen the GG3 next to the G8 yet, but I did ask Mike Phillips to compare the Flex PXE to the GG3. He was nice enough to post. I`ll share that here....just need to go to tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mine died after about 10 minutes and the replacement was a "one time only" deal...which, uhm...did not please me. Though it was so ineffective it hardly mattered in the practical sense.
    Are you saying Griot`s told you they`d only warranty it one time? That`s the first I`ve heard of them saying that and if so, not a good look.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Anyone know any info of the new Adams nano polisher they must’ve announced at SEMA? Guz posted some screen captures of their announcements (the nano polisher and a new 15mm swirl killer), but haven’t seen any other info about either of them.
    From the one pic I`ve seen of it, it looks like a direct copy of the iBrid, but there may be some changes to it.

Post Thanks / Like

There`s a video on Youtube of Jimbo at SEMA interviewing Nick from Griots about the G8 and G9. Jimbo mentions how they`re not trying to be Rupes with these, but are the king of the hill compared to Harbor Freight. Look on Nick`s face was kind of like OUCH. I chuckled. While these are budget orientated, if I was Griot`s I wouldn`t want them categorized with Harbor Freights offerings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    There`s a video on Youtube of Jimbo at SEMA interviewing Nick from Griots about the G8 and G9. Jimbo mentions how they`re not trying to be Rupes with these, but are the king of the hill compared to Harbor Freight. Look on Nick`s face was kind of like OUCH. I chuckled. While these are budget orientated, if I was Griot`s I wouldn`t want them categorized with Harbor Freights offerings.
    No clue who Jimbo is, but he clearly has no idea what he is talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Anyone know any info of the new Adams nano polisher they must’ve announced at SEMA? Guz posted some screen captures of their announcements (the nano polisher and a new 15mm swirl killer), but haven’t seen any other info about either of them.
    Sizzle said it’s a DA and a rotary. In the pick I thought I saw a price of 199 or 299 hard to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Also in that video @ 1:35 Nick stated that the 2nd run of the G9 its coming with a better fan and gears for smoother operations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    You`re welcome. Adams has one that looks much like the Rupes iBrid as well. Me, it`s a bit out of my price range, but I`d like to get the Flex. You can start that research here https://www.autopia-carcare.com/flex...l#.XcXKq1dKiUk - Mike Phillips has a detailed review / intro over on the sister site.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    I truly expected the 500+ range and told my wife the same thing. I was a bit surprised to see the kit cost of 399$
    Maybe that is a pre-order price only, it was shockingly low to me also, not only is the kit much cheaper than the iBrid Nano kit (the Nano does come with a lot more pads), but it`s a lot cheaper than I calculated converting quid to dollars when Forensic Detailing stated what the price was in the UK (which I calculated to be about the same as the Nano is here). The "tool only" Nano does come in a bit cheaper than the Flex kit; but that apparently has not even the batteries and charger, so not really a fair comparison.

Thanks for that side-by-side picture...I just wish they had gone with a trigger on the Flex like Griot`s did with the G8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Also in that video @ 1:35 Nick stated that the 2nd run of the G9 its coming with a better fan and gears for smoother operations.
    Well that kind of sucks seeing as how I just got my G9.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    From the one pic I`ve seen of it, it looks like a direct copy of the iBrid, but there may be some changes to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Sizzle said it’s a DA and a rotary. In the pick I thought I saw a price of 199 or 299 hard to tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I`ve been beta testing it for months. It`s a good machine for the price point, not as `powerful` as my iBrid, but not a deal breaker. It is both DA and rotary like the Rupes machine.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Coatings=crack, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    -AND-

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80
    Well that kind of sucks seeing as how I just got my G9.

Eh, it`s starting to look like anybody who buys into their latest Shiny New Thing is basically signing on to be a beta-tester. Color me disappointed but not all that surprised

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    Are you saying Griot`s told you they`d only warranty ...[the v1.0 Griot`s 3" Electric]... one time? That`s the first I`ve heard of them saying that and if so, not a good look.
    Yes, that`s what they said. I`ve never even taken that replacement unit out of the box; guess I oughta try using it for ...I dunno, something...so it`ll break and I can just throw it away, get some shelf space back.

Can`t help but think "if they did it once with that product, they can do it again with another one.."

Post Thanks / Like

-AND-

Eh, it`s starting to look like anybody who buys into their latest Shiny New Thing is basically signing on to be a beta-tester. Color me disappointed but not all that surprised
    I think maybe the problem with Griot`s here is they rushed it to the market, I have no clue how long the G9`s been in development. But I know you could buy it like a month after they announced it. Meanwhile the cordless Flex was announced like a year ago and just barely became available for purchase. The fact Griot`s is making some pretty substantial modifications for a 2nd run of a product that literally just came out really sucks. It might take Flex forever to actually get their product out, but I don`t think we`ll see crap like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information