Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And then... There was a G8

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    The fact Griot`s is making some pretty substantial modifications for a 2nd run of a product that literally just came out really sucks..
    Yes indeed. My Inner Optimist whispers that it`s a Customer Service Opportunity, but my Inner Realist responds that they`re probably not gonna go there.

Eh, I *still* prefer spending my $ with Richard anyhow, but I can understand if others prefer going elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Also in that video @ 1:35 Nick stated that the 2nd run of the G9 its coming with a better fan and gears for smoother operations.
    Griots response:
    We felt that some tweaking needed to be done…and it has not been finalized yet. Though the G9 you have still works perfectlyfine..but we did want to do some fine tuning. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department at(800) 345-5789 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday. Thank you again for your e-mail, and have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like

KBs Toy- Heh heh, well, I guess that response was to be expected. Too bad though..

Heh heh, wonder how they`d respond to some of those "additional questions".

Think I`ll back-burner my interest in the G8 and see what happens over the next [however long].
    Likes John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Griots response:
    We felt that some tweaking needed to be done…and it has not been finalized yet. Though the G9 you have still works perfectlyfine..but we did want to do some fine tuning. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department at(800) 345-5789 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Saturday. Thank you again for your e-mail, and have a great day!
    v2 of things usually come out like a year later. This fast makes me wonder if they already knew and had plans but were just rushing to get the product released. I`m still interested in the G9, but the just announced SK pro 15mm from Adams with 25" detachable cord, 5" backing plate & integrated swirl finder light for $255`s pretty damn tempting.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots response:
    So were you asking them about exchanging the G9 for the newer version?

Post Thanks / Like

But if your current g9 is performing well and covered by the lifetime warranty you may be out of the polisher for a couple weeks but you’ll get it replaced with newer version.

With everyone else if it goes out after year or two you’ll be buying a new one. Most likely if their is issue it’s due to manufacturer wanting to change for issues or cost. Sometimes v2’s are not better but more cost efficient.

And ALOT of retailers would never mentioned the change needed as it would definitely hamper sales on current one and just announce “new and improved available now”. Kudos for them for being up front and telling consumers about it.... my thoughts anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    So were you asking them about exchanging the G9 for the newer version?
    No, They sent me a return label and I shipped it back. Being a enthusiast I only polish our cars in the spring which I did with my DAS-8. I will wait and see what happens with newer version which in their email is still in progress.

Post Thanks / Like

Went by griots to get some glass sealant and polish and got a chance to try the g8. Thing is a little monster. Lots of power and didn’t seem to loose rotation in the curved glass.

Can’t compare to other polishers but its definitely a better machine than Adam’s SK mini. I felt it kept rotation better and was quieter. Plenty of power on 4.

Had it on the counter but just bought my SK mini 6 months ago and used it twice....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes John U liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information