Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: And then... There was a G8

Talked with Griots customer service if they are offering a "Buy-Back" on the G8. Yes they are at $175.97, they email you a RGA FedEx return shipping label so you can return your GG3. Upon receiving your old GG 3 they issue a credit of $65.97 to your credit card. After your credit the final cost is $110! The Buy Back Kit (item # 10830) includes a correcting pad and a bottle of their correcting cream in the kit. My order will ship week of 11/22/19.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    Ahh, very true, the Diavolo minis` 16V and a iBrid-looking 12V are rotary tools.
    Good call. But I love cordless. I have a window cleaning project that this would be good on vs dragging a cord up a ladder

Post Thanks / Like

John U- Yikes, that must be quite a Window Project if it requires a polisher!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsurf47 View Post
    Talked with Griots customer service if they are offering a "Buy-Back" on the G8..
    Sorta off-topic, but...they also offered to buy back my BOSS15 (i.e., provide a partial refund) if I want to trade it in towards a G9. BUT...the Customer Service Rep emphatically disagreed with the idea that the G9 would finish out better than the BOSS15 (a discussion I`d been having with a member on another thread).

Oh, and Welcome to Autopia!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    John U- Yikes, that must be quite a Window Project if it requires a polisher!
    In AZ, the windows were never taking care of and the lower 2" have a haze that I have razor bladed and used a glass acid some pro window cleaners pointed me to. It`s much better but I`d like to try one more step. Hitting it with a Flex is a little overkill but that is packed if need be!

Post Thanks / Like

John U- Heh heh, that *does* sound like quite a project!

Somehow I wouldn`t have expected that in AZ...I guess I might`ve expected some kind of "sandblasting" effect instead from blowing dust/etc. I`m kinda missing the Scottsdale area at present with the cold rainy weather here in OH, gee I haven`t been out there in ages! Bet you`ll be glad to be back there even with your window project

Huh..."window acid"...learn something new here every day!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsurf47 View Post
    Talked with Griots customer service if they are offering a "Buy-Back" on the G8. Yes they are at $175.97, they email you a RGA FedEx return shipping label so you can return your GG3. Upon receiving your old GG 3 they issue a credit of $65.97 to your credit card. After your credit the final cost is $110! The Buy Back Kit (item # 10830) includes a correcting pad and a bottle of their correcting cream in the kit. My order will ship week of 11/22/19.
    I dunno...for $20 savings, I`d rather keep my GG3 just to have another machine. It is fine for sanding headlights...
    Likes DBAILEY liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the Promo 12V that comes with 2 batteries and accessories for $119.
    I signed up for their promo offers yesterday and Jeff responded. They cannot drop the price but will include a 75 pc accessory package with it.
    I rather have the 16V but with the extra battery it`s $169.... That`s more then I need in invest in a "tiny tool"

Post Thanks / Like

John U- Sounds like that call was worth making, nice that you`re getting that accessory package.

Post Thanks / Like

John U- Heh heh, that *does* sound like quite a project!

Somehow I wouldn`t have expected that in AZ...I guess I might`ve expected some kind of "sandblasting" effect instead from blowing dust/etc. I`m kinda missing the Scottsdale area at present with the cold rainy weather here in OH, gee I haven`t been out there in ages! Bet you`ll be glad to be back there even with your window project

Huh..."window acid"...learn something new here every day!
    I`ll have to post a picture of the gallon jug when I get there in a week. Dust storms during monsoon season shove fine particles thru anything not sealed up. I`m with you on the cold. I`m leaving shortly to drive from MN over the UP of Michigan to a funeral, Spend a few days in Detroit and head west along Rt66 (mostly interstate now) to AZ.

Post Thanks / Like

ohn U- Heh heh, you`re rekindling my wanderlust Especially with our recent cold snap...my hands`ll be cold until at least mid-March. Wonder what I`d still recognize on 66....

Nice of you to travel to the funeral, I bet others attending will appreciate that (I`m kinda big on funerals..).

And yeah, the dust is something I`ll never forget (my wife and I had a lot of outdoor training in AZ during the `90s, usually during the summer).

Post Thanks / Like

mc2hill- But isn`t the Diavolo a rotary-only unit? I want a RO/DA.

Setec Astronomy- Yeah, I saw that, but I have lots of options for 3" and if I`m getting yet another polisher I want it to handle smaller than 2".
    Another option is the new Flex PXE. I`m not sure if the news has made its way to this forum? It can do 1" or 3" pads. RO or rotary. Cordless.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I dunno...for $20 savings, I`d rather keep my GG3 just to have another machine. It is fine for sanding headlights...
    Not a bad idea. I like my GG3 (one of the few, if not only guys?) But wouldn`t mind having the G8. If I kept one for headlights.. oh dear goodness. Too many tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know any info of the new Adams nano polisher they must’ve announced at SEMA? Guz posted some screen captures of their announcements (the nano polisher and a new 15mm swirl killer), but haven’t seen any other info about either of them.
    Last edited by Oneheadlite; 11-08-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Edit: Thought the 15mm was a G9 competitor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Another option is the new Flex PXE. I`m not sure if the news has made its way to this forum? It can do 1" or 3" pads. RO or rotary. Cordless..
    Ah, thanks for mentioning that! I haven`t really looked into these "little polishers" much, might oughta do some research before I start dropping hints about what to get me for Christmas.

I like my GG3 (one of the few, if not only guys?)
    Mine died after about 10 minutes and the replacement was a "one time only" deal...which, uhm...did not please me. Though it was so ineffective it hardly mattered in the practical sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, thanks for mentioning that! I haven`t really looked into these "little polishers" much, might oughta do some research before I start dropping hints about what to get me for Christmas.
    You`re welcome. Adams has one that looks much like the Rupes iBrid as well. Me, it`s a bit out of my price range, but I`d like to get the Flex. You can start that research here https://www.autopia-carcare.com/flex...l#.XcXKq1dKiUk - Mike Phillips has a detailed review / intro over on the sister site.

Mine died after about 10 minutes and the replacement was a "one time only" deal...which, uhm...did not please me. Though it was so ineffective it hardly mattered in the practical sense.
    Shared experiences like that make me wonder if I just got really lucky with mine. The bearing may be starting to go bad, and I don`t want it replaced with one of the "weaker" versions that people seem to be getting. Eventually, I`ll make a decision on what to do. No rush here.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information