Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It`s here! Griots new edgeless PMF drying towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Is there some inherent advantage to an edgeless towel that I am not aware of, other than the lack of edge banding that may not be of the same quality or softness as the towel microfiber band and, hence may scratch a surface that being wiped? HEY, maybe I answered my own question!!!
    Heh heh, yeah, you did

The edging is something I expected to matter to me, but now that I`ve used both types I`m a little surprised by how little it really does. Maybe I`m just used to folding them/etc. to deal with the edging, but it`s just not *that* big of a deal to me. Not that I wouldn`t opt for edgeless if given the choice...

And don`t get me started on microfiber quality. If there is one aspect for ANY detailer, hobbyist or pro, that should not be "cheaped", it is microfibers. I cannot tell you how much of a difference it can make in the end result of a detail. It seems pointless to spend an inordinate amount of hours correcting and polishing a surface, and then wiping it with a less-than-quality microfiber and it looks swirled and you end up chasing your tail.
    I`ve turned out to be far less of a MF Snob that I expected, and can honestly say that all of my Detailing MFs are (at least) OK. I`m still using some Cobra, YoSteve, and MiracleTowel MFs from the `90s!

I`ve sure never marred things up due to using a substandard MF (exception- the earliest GG MFs, which I sent back after they micromarred the Jag`s lacquer). BUT, I suspect that`s because everything that touches my paint gets CD-tested. Imperfect test all right, but better than nothing.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It`s here! Griots new edgeless PMF drying towel.

I use the the 16 x 16 Griots PFM`s for drying because I always thought their actual "drying towel" at 29" x 36" was WAY too big. While I do LOVE the PFM`s for drying - I always wished they were just a little bigger for areas like the hood and the roof.

I see now AG has a 28" x 20" size which may be just what I am looking for. (They may have had this for awhile but I just noticed it). Maybe this is the "pro" version (more expensive) of the 27" x 19" they sell at Auto Zone.

I`m going to grab one of those. I`m thinking that the larger one - plus one of the 16 x 16`s - should be the perfect drying combination.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information