Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foam cannon first use and misc problems

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    I’m planning to apply another coat of FK1000p this weekend. That’ll make 3 layers.
    Ah, OK, great! I`ll be very interested to hear how it withstands repeated use of the GG system.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m planning to apply another coat of FK1000p this weekend. That’ll make 3 layers.
    I`m going to do the same to my daily driver this weekend.

Will keep you updated.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I`d expect surface prep would have to be face-melting strong to strip a fresh application of FK. Thanks for testing.

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE:

I ran into some concrete-cutting slop that got onto both sides of the car and all four wheel-wells.

It was on the car for about 20 minutes. I got home and went to work.

I had to rinse the wheels off first, (they were still hot). I then decided to try to blast off as much as I could before I washed the car. That removed about 90% of the slop.

Then came the Surface Prep. Some small spots remained. Then the Surface Wash. Still had the spots.

So,being the LB that I am, I got my UWW, sprayed the affected areas, wiped them off with my mitt. They came right off.

As long as I had a shred of ambition left, I applied the PolyGloss. I`m really liking that stuff. Very forgiving and is streak-free,even on glass.

I did notice that the tires still have remnants of that crap and still some in the wheel-wells,too. As it was 85 degrees and I was in full-sun yesterday afternoon, I just ran out of steam.

PS: No degradation on the FK1000p. I`ll try to get my 3rd layer on this weekend.

PSS: The car was washed last week.

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Gee, this approach is working well for you, huh?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Older: Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear the system’s really working for you.

I’ve really enjoyed using it as well, but have worried there was an element of liking it because I have a predisposition to like it (Long time Griots appreciator, made a non-insignificant investment to acquire it). Even though prior to it’s release I had placed myself in a purchasing hold (trying to use up what I’ve got), I’ve got zero regrets adding it to the arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like

Oneheadlite- I commend you for considering the possibility of Confirmation Bias. Glad you (really ) do like it!

Heh heh, I`m gonna be the #1 Cheerleader Who`s Never Actually Tried the Stuff where this one is concerned, every positive review makes me more enthusiastic.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never particularly liked Griot`s products in the past. I hated the waxes and the buffing compounds.

I`m happy to see they really stepped up their game. Their drying towels are the best I`ve ever used.

Nice people,I wish them well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Older- Gee, this approach is working well for you, huh?!?
    It`s really working as advertised. A refreshing change from the norm.

It would be an immense time and effort saver if I could have my pw set-up already hooked up and ready to go. As it is,I have to set it all up and break it down every time.

One of it`s big advantages is the ability to get into all the nooks and crannies with no extra effort on my part. These egg-crate grilles and fog-light surrounds can be a PIA. Oh,and the fender vents, too.

It`s also the only way to clean the wheel-wells. There`s no room to get a brush in there with these monstrous wheels and tires I have on both cars. I can barely get the pw head in there on the Jaguar-235/35ZR20 on the front and 265/30ZR20 on the rear.
    In comparison,the Charger`s are almost SUV-like,having 245/45ZR20 front and rear.

These are stock,OEM set-ups. The only way to get a brush in there would be to pull the wheels. Yeah,I`ll be doing that. Never in my lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s really working as advertised. A refreshing change from the norm.

It would be an immense time and effort saver if I could have my pw set-up already hooked up and ready to go. As it is,I have to set it all up and break it down every time.

One of it`s big advantages is the ability to get into all the nooks and crannies with no extra effort on my part. These egg-crate grilles and fog-light surrounds can be a PIA. Oh,and the fender vents, too.

It`s also the only way to clean the wheel-wells. There`s no room to get a brush in there with these monstrous wheels and tires I have on both cars. I can barely get the pw head in there on the Jaguar-235/35ZR20 on the front and 265/30ZR20 on the rear.
    In comparison,the Charger`s are almost SUV-like,having 245/45ZR20 front and rear.

These are stock,OEM set-ups. The only way to get a brush in there would be to pull the wheels. Yeah,I`ll be doing that. Never in my lifetime.
    Ever try and squeeze a wheel brush...like a Daytona speed brush in those tight spaces?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Ever try and squeeze a wheel brush...like a Daytona speed brush in those tight spaces?
    I stopped using the Daytonas awhile back. I got tired of getting sprayed. I have a few t-shirts that are spotted. I think I gave the Daytonas to someone I didn`t like.

I switched over to the wheel woolies. And after a few coats of 476s and now FK1000p,no scrubbing is needed for the wheels.

Good thought, though.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, just get me going on how much I dislike those Daytona/Speed Brushes!

Older- I`m surprised that you can do all those areas without mechanical agitation! I have to use a series of approaches to do them, and other than the Tahoe I simply *MUST* jack the car up to do the wells/etc.

You *never* pull the wheels?!? Yikes, my vehicles would be a mess if I didn`t do that now and then, even the ones that aren`t driven in bad weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Oh man, just get me going on how much I dislike those Daytona/Speed Brushes!

Older- I`m surprised that you can do all those areas without mechanical agitation! I have to use a series of approaches to do them, and other than the Tahoe I simply *MUST* jack the car up to do the wells/etc.

You *never* pull the wheels?!? Yikes, my vehicles would be a mess if I didn`t do that now and then, even the ones that aren`t driven in bad weather.
    They get pulled for the winter wheel changeover and again in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like

[...] One of it`s big advantages is the ability to get into all the nooks and crannies with no extra effort on my part. These egg-crate grilles and fog-light surrounds can be a PIA. Oh,and the fender vents, too. [...]
    Nice I could find that useful. I might even agitate the non-marring bits with a little boars hair brush. I also need something to help with baked on bugs. I`ll be keeping my eye on this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

They get pulled for the winter wheel changeover and again in the spring.
    Ah, OK.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information