Well the first few attempts didn`t go so well. Initially I ordered the cannon with soap and poly gloss from a sale. Well they were back ordered a month so I anxiously waited. Then I found out that the new shipments didn`t include a tip so I had to order one which added another week. After almost 6 weeks I was ready to go with my 1800 psi Ryobi, MTM PF22 gun, and the cannon. The wives care was now 6 weeks dirty and I knew I would have to get the buckets, but I really wanted to see how much dirt and grime it could get off alone. I mixed up a batch of the foaming surface wash in the boss jug. At first it didn`t do much of anything and a few adjustments on the tip and the nozzle and I eventually got a semi-thin watery slurry. Not much of a foam at all. I tested all the connection again and tried again and same problem. It was getting late and I was losing light so I just rinsed it I broke out the buckets and just finished the car the old fashion way. It did seem to get a lot of the dirt off, but since it was covered I probably could have done just as good with just a pressure wash.

The next day I gave the Avant a go, but this time I used the purple metering tip and put the foaming wash into the cannon directly. This is supposed to be quicker and easier as you don`t have to measure since the tip will automatically meter how much soap is used. I got a small amount of foam this time, but nothing like shaving cream or anywhere near it. I kept playing with the nozzle and the flow, but no matter what I did I still couldn`t get foam. At best it was a watery slurry of soap sputtering out. Sadly after a couple of minutes I turned it off and looked down and realized I just used about 80% of the soap!! Not only did I not get foam, but I just went through what should have been 10+ car washes in a few minutes! It did get most of the dirt off, but it also took about 10 minutes to rinse off all that excess soap from the car.

Not sure if it`s the adapter to the mtm gun or the adapter to the cannon or both causing the problem, but the cannon failed pretty bad. I went online to see if it`s a common problem and found this video from auto fanatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqgU_h24PY&t=636s

The video has pretty much the same setup with the cannon and the mtm gun that I`m using and sadly he had almost the exact same results where he got a thin slurry or watery soap at best. Then he put on the mtm cannon and wow what a difference. I also noticed the same guy did a video on just the foaming surface wash using the mtm cannon and the results where amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4G0zVVnnHs&t=522s

Not sure if it`s just the setup or if I got a bad unit, but it`s going back to Griots.