Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foam cannon first use and misc problems

After waiting to get a unit for months and calling Griots multiple times and Detailedimage multiple times they refuse to give me a refund and want me to test another cannon. I told them 3 weeks ago that`s fine, but they also said BTW the cannons are back ordered so it will be a couple of more months before we can get you a replacement out. I said thanks, but no thanks and 3 weeks ago. Apparently the rep is refusing to issue me a refund and they want me to test another unit?? So now I`m stuck with a unit that doesn`t work, and I can`t get a refund because they want me to test another unit that may take months to get????

One of the reasons I wanted to go with a Griots cannon is because of the refund policy. Well I`m not sure if anyone else has had problems, but so far it`s been a huge cluster #$^@#$ to get $100 back for a product that doesn`t work. At this point in time I`m just going to go with a MTM cannon and consider it a loss. Not sure if this is common for Griots to essentially screw over a customer, but the only good thing about it all is I didn`t pull the trigger on one of their polishers and will probably just go somewhere else for a polisher.

Warranties are only good if the company behind them is willing to hold up their side of the deal and sadly Griots is no better than all the other chinese companies who have little to no customers service.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    After waiting to get a unit for months and calling Griots multiple times and Detailedimage multiple times they refuse to give me a refund and want me to test another cannon. I told them 3 weeks ago that`s fine, but they also said BTW the cannons are back ordered so it will be a couple of more months before we can get you a replacement out. I said thanks, but no thanks and 3 weeks ago. Apparently the rep is refusing to issue me a refund and they want me to test another unit?? So now I`m stuck with a unit that doesn`t work, and I can`t get a refund because they want me to test another unit that may take months to get????

One of the reasons I wanted to go with a Griots cannon is because of the refund policy. Well I`m not sure if anyone else has had problems, but so far it`s been a huge cluster #$^@#$ to get $100 back for a product that doesn`t work. At this point in time I`m just going to go with a MTM cannon and consider it a loss. Not sure if this is common for Griots to essentially screw over a customer, but the only good thing about it all is I didn`t pull the trigger on one of their polishers and will probably just go somewhere else for a polisher.

Warranties are only good if the company behind them is willing to hold up their side of the deal and sadly Griots is no better than all the other chinese companies who have little to no customers service.
    Typically, Griots Garage has very good customer service. I`m guessing you purchased it from Detailed Image, and they`re refusing to give you a refund?

Post Thanks / Like

LGHT- Oh man, sorry to hear about that. Yeah, sigh...much as I do like/use/support/recommend Griot`s, I can`t help but remember how I became persona non gratis there when I naively listened to the Customer Service Rep and, taking him at his word, returned the GG products that didn`t work well for me (at my expense), along with extensive documentation explaining why (on which I spent a few hours..).

[EDIT: everything was purchased directly from GG via telephone.]

I had told said Rep that I wasn`t an unhappy customer; it was he who *insisted* that I should send the stuff back along with explanations.

I did what was requested and got dropped from their mailing list.

The "refund" didn`t even work out as promised/expected, hence the scare-quotes.

At least they kept sending their "Handbooks" to us under my wife`s name...took a good long while before they resumed sending them to me despite my continued, frequent (and sizable) orders.

And then there was the 3" (electric, v1.0) polisher that died after a few minutes..."here`s your replacement, and BTW don`t expect another if this one dies"...

And then there`s that Facom stuff with a "lifetime warranty"..but they no longer support the brand so I have some pretty, and pretty pricey, paperweights...at least it was primarily gifted to me so I wan`t out much $.

Eh, I tell myself that Richard didn`t know what his employees were doing and that he would`ve made it right if he *had* known. Yeah, I want to believe And to repeat, I continue to like/use/support/recommend Griot`s Garage...but I`m a bit cynical about any warranty coverage, so caveat emptor.
    Likes LGHT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I kinda of got the same feeling after discussing the issue on the phone with the griots customer service rep. It seemed like they were angry at me for calling when I had problems and had a very defensive tone. I mean there are hundreds of washers and pressure guns being sold so sometimes a product may just not be compatible. Leave it at that refund my money and I`ll send it back on my own dime. Yet they pushed me off back to the DI who then said they have to talk to the griots rep. The whole back and forth issue is just a huge waste of time. Looks like I ended up with a paper weight also, but at least it wasn`t too costly.

Anyone want to buy a almost new foam cannon??

Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Real nice. Hopefully,they’ll step up and do the right thing.

So much for their “lifetime warrantee”.

I guess they they never heard of the “Law of Elevens”.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Griots and DI.

It seems that they don’t realize that there are other sellers and other high-quality products that are available.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I kinda of got the same feeling after discussing the issue on the phone with the griots customer service rep. It seemed like they were angry at me for calling when I had problems and had a very defensive tone...
    That is absolutely, positively, [freakin`] *WRONG* and I hope somebody from GG sees it and takes some kind of action.

Seriously, that flies in the face of the Values that Richard Griot has espoused since he started GG. It`s not that hard to at least make the right noises and anybody who can`t shouldn`t be doing that job.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think winters under-way for anybody yet, but how has your experience been with Surface Prep cleaned after driving through rainy roads where the film picks up all the ~liquified crap~ that one get`s when driving in the rain. Film still on and requires a mechanical mitt.....or the panel is pretty clean. Inquiring minds

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that on my car which sits outside 90% of the time and is driven in all weather, the surface prep removes about 95% of the debris. Followed by the surface wash I have not had to mitt wash mine. Now, that all depends on each individual situation and the system you must remember is not a no touch system. It is meant to minimize the touching of the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have found that on my car which sits outside 90% of the time and is driven in all weather, the surface prep removes about 95% of the debris. Followed by the surface wash I have not had to mitt wash mine. Now, that all depends on each individual situation and the system you must remember is not a no touch system. It is meant to minimize the touching of the vehicle.
    I`d like to try the Surface Prep...if Griots can ever find a container material strong enough to contain it!!!

Post Thanks / Like

They’ve got the gallons now. I’d also love to try it, but at the rate I’m going through the Surface Wash and the Poly Gloss, a gallon would last forever. Hoping they resolve the mid-size container issue.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a gallon of the Surface Prep. I’m getting the same results as Mike.

I have discovered that the Prep and the Wash don’t play well with my PERL-coated black plastic trim on my Charger. Either one will turn the trim splotchy grey. The PolyGloss doesn’t restore the trim back to black. Another coat of PERL brings it right back. Same for the tires. I use the PERL at full-strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    I have discovered that the Prep and the Wash don’t play well with my PERL-coated black plastic trim on my Charger. Either one will turn the trim splotchy grey. The PolyGloss doesn’t restore the trim back to black. Another coat of PERL brings it right back. Same for the tires. I use the PERL at full-strength.
    I don`t use Perl, but did find that interesting, and well worth knowing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to read about your bad experience with GG and DI. This has not been my experience with GG. I had a problem with the foam sprayer and they sent me another one. I am hoping that someone at both GG and DI reads your post and takes care of this ASAP. Left unresolved, they will lose a lot more than the $100.00 they owe you.

On their actual resolution - no refund, wait until a new one comes in in a few months - not only is that poor customer service, I`m wondering if that is even legal. i would call my credit card company, but that may be too late at this point. But I would certainly ask to speak to a supervisor and escalate this until my refund was issued.

Post Thanks / Like

Although DI seemed to have plenty in stock initially they pushed me off to Griots who pushed me back to DI who eventually had to call Griots themselves even though I already did. After a couple of weeks they sent me a replacement, but seemed very reluctant to do so as their return policy indicates they don`t take returns ever and I`m supposed to deal with the manufacture who claims i`m supposed to deal with the seller....

Either way I`ll be testing the replacement cannon sometime this week.

Post Thanks / Like

My experience with getting a refund or replacement is you have to get it from the place that you purchased to item from. I had a problem with CarPro. I kind of makes sense. DI has your money, not Griots. It seems to work different on polishers unless you are returning the item for refund.
    Likes Oneheadlite, LGHT liked this post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information