So I`ve now had the chance to spend some time with the BOSS Foam Starter Kit, which has the cannon, Surface Wash, Foaming Poly Gloss, and the new beach towel sized PFM. Summary - I`m really digging it.

Long story short, my first go-around with the system was on my road warrior level dirty daily driver. The last LSP applied was probably Hydro Blue sometime last fall, so it`s safe to say there was no LSP assistance with dropping dirt off the car. To be honest, it was intended to be a torture test for the Foaming Surface Wash that is apparently in search of appropriate bottling. The level of dirt was not what I was expecting just the Surface Wash to take care of without getting the mitts out.

After acquiring the correct pressure washer fitting (thanks Vanquish!), I applied the Foaming Surface wash with my lil Ryobi 1600psi/1.2 GPM pressure washer. Like I mentioned in the BOSS Foam thread, I know Older is using the same pressure washer, but I was pleased to see the foam output was perfectly adequate from the little guy. I`d read about people switching to a smaller orifice in the gun to boost the foam, but as of now I`m not seeing a need.

Followed the instructions - foamed from bottom up, allowed to dwell, then pressure wash rinsed from top down. As expected, the car was cleaner, but still had obvious road film present. I then hit it with a single bucket wash w/ grit guard. I was surprised when I was finished - the bucket was much cleaner than I was expecting given the starting condition. The surface wash really had done it`s job to drop a lot of dirt off the car. Cleaned the wheels with Iron X on one side, Griot`s Fallout Remover on the other side just as a curiosity comparo (slight nod to the Griot`s, but overall pretty much a draw).

Foamed with the Poly Gloss, dried with the newest full size PFM that came with the starter kit. Personal preference, it`s too big for my style. Works great matador style, but it`s a bit much for me on the side panels. You basically just show it to the water and it disappears though. Car was left with a noticeable boost in slickness, and gains in gloss as well. The plan for this car is to see how the Poly Gloss holds up as the sole LSP on the car. It`s not advertised to be used as such, but it`s what my current free time allows. I`ll reapply each wash since it`s so easy (and the poor car needs some love).

I`m typing this during the in-betweens at work, so unfortunately this will be a bit broken up. I`ll add some pics from my phone shortly.

Up next I`ll add how it went on my wife`s car, and a one-week-later maintenance wash on my avant.