Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doing some rounds with the BOSS Foaming System.

Update- Did a maintenance wash on the Mrs’ Q5. I think it was a couple weeks since it’s last wash. Foamed with Surface Wash, allowed to dwell, then rinsed (bottom up then top down - thanks guys! ).
    This time it was proper clean with no extra wash step required. Hit with a round of the foaming Poly Gloss.

Another update- Got some rain about a week or two after the last wash of my daily (Both of the foams). Foaming Poly Gloss continues to be the only LSP to speak of on my car. Here’s a pic of the beading if anyone’s curious:

Worth mentioning is that while there was no LSP on the car prior to the Poly Gloss, I also wasn’t able to do any decontamination (mechanical or chemical) prior to applying it. As far as water behavior, the accumulated water tended to make a break for it around 50mph. No issues with water spots thus far.
    Likes EKhatch, LGHT, RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

very mild winter here. I would say this is probably the last of it, but in total, maybe a 4th time it`s been a salt brined paint....

Brummp for those who are using Surface Prep in your winter washing routine. How clean does it get, down to paint, or down to a film that must be mitt scrubbed, or shall we say, completely touchless ?

Post Thanks / Like

Surface prep is for those who wish to strip the car prior to correction. The system was never meant as a no touch system. However if you keep up on the car, you may not need the traditional wash. Sometimes I’ll just foam a second time and run a mitt across it just rinsing in clean water.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m going to try the Whips Salt on that thread that was recently started. The biggest challenge for is no-mar /// washing during the winter season. Various pre-soak, pre-foam, pre-treat before HP rinse, does not remove or make a dent in the salt film. It knocks the big particulates but not the salt film. I cringe when I run the mitt over it to - mechanically remove it- . Ha, you know it`s bad when you smell the overspray in the air and you catch the salt and you think you`re on the beach in the middle of winter.

Post Thanks / Like

The surface wash I find works just as well as any prep I’ve used. Give it a try.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- I gather the winter weather factors in with regard to your facilities. Just wondering as, other than the winter Home Touchless I`ll do from time to tiem, I basically wash exactly the same year-round, just don`t need to do quite as many steps in the summer as I do when they`re winter-nasty.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I know on the older touchless posts we have debated on, you`re able to HP rinse the salt off fairly easily. Whatever the mix is that they use out here, I could stand there with the PW on the same spot for 30 minutes, and I`m pretty sure the salt will remain.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, they started with brine mixed in here on the highways, what a mess!

Post Thanks / Like

mobiledynamics- I guess it`s been a while since I had to come up north to your area during the winter. They do use Brine a bit in my area, but so far it hasn`t been an issue this year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information