Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Boss foaming system - overview

Boss foaming system - overview-foaming-system-logo.png

Boss foaming system - overview-b3103-b3203-b3303-bf300-foaming-system-family-shot.jpg
    The traditional hose and 2 bucket method has an inherent flaw. We often apply a low-pressure rinse which is incapable of removing bonded abrasives. While washing, we mechanically agitate the surface with the Wash Pad, dragging the bonded abrasives across the surface. Our comprehensive BOSS Foaming System offers two approaches for washing...

PRE-WASHING
    An incremental step to traditional washing
    Ridding the surface of abrasives and contaminants prior to your wash process by using specially formulated foaming detergents to chemically soften and encapsulate contaminants then allowing gravity to carry the encapsulated particles to the ground.
    TOUCHLESS WASHING
    A replacement to traditional washing on frequently cared for vehicles
    With routine maintenance, for removal of light to moderate road grime and contaminants, the BOSS Foaming System may deliver touch-free washing employing a two step system. Completely eliminates mechanical agitation of the surface, virtually eliminating wash-induced scratches while maintaining waxes, sealants, and coatings.

THE BOSS FOAM CANNON
    The ultimate foam delivery system
    Boss foaming system - overview-foam-cannon-callout.jpg

Are you tired of pre-mixing your foaming solution for every car? How about a cannon where you spin a bottle of concentrate on and knock out 35 average size vehicles?
    Our exclusive Auto-Mix feature is a serious innovation. It saves tons of time because you don`t have to remove the reservoir and remix the product by hand... It`s a "no measuring, no mess, and no math" proposition, just screw in the bottle
    of concentrate and the Sure-Flow Metering Tip provides the proper 20:1 ratio. It sprays for days… One bottle washes up to 35 cars...

1. Auto-Mix Method
    Remove jar from cannon, pour concentrate into jar or screw on Griot`s Garage 35oz. bottle
    to internal cap threads. Select the appropriate metering tip from the chart below and
    insert firmly into the pick-up ball at the bottom of the poly-tube. Note: Tip will be
    dependent on the type of pressure washer you have. (See AUTOMIX
    tip recommendation
    chart below)

2. Manual-Mix Method
    Dispensing of pre-mixed, ready to use (RTU) solution (Water: Detergent). This is the
    typical method, requiring the user to pre-mix a concentrate prior to use. Traditional
    products require 2-3 ounces of concentrate, while BOSS Foaming System products are
    to be diluted 20:1 using 1.6oz of concentrate to water (32oz). See reference chart of
    common applications of Griot`s Garage products below.

Boss foaming system - overview-foam-cannon-manual-button.png

FOAMING SURFACE PREP
    For a deeper clean prior to paint correction

Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl8.jpg

• Rids surface of abrasive particles, avoids wash-induced scratches
    • High pH levels breakdown waxes and sealants, providing a clean slate for paint correction
    • Ground-up formulation blended for THE BOSS™ Foam Cannon Auto-Mix system
    • Dual-layer foam formula extends dwell time, enhances cleaning action
    • Primary foam clings to paint, softening road film & organic contaminants, while secondary foam releases and carries the abrasives to the ground
    • Extended dwell times… up to 10 minutes of intense cleaning action
    • 20:1 Dilution ratio vs. the common 10:1 dilution of most competitive products.

Dilute 10:1 in our Italian made PUMP-UP Foamer or Foaming Surface Prep Secondary Bottle (Item# B3312) for an intense cleaner which makes quick work of bugs, road slime, bird droppings, grease, and grime. Ideal for paint, grills, bumpers, engines, tires, wheel wells, and a pre-spray prior to Foaming/Washing.

B3103 - 35oz
    B3101 - Gallon
    Boss foaming system - overview-tdb_fspbutton.png
    Associated Products

Boss foaming system - overview-b3110-10-1-secondary-bottle-sprayer.pngBoss foaming system - overview-77584-pump-foamer.pngBoss foaming system - overview-10520-ergo-wave-scrub-1d8e4.jpg

FOAMING SURFACE WASH
    SUPER-CONCENTRATED RICH & FLUFFY SNOW-FOAM FOR REMOVAL OF
    ORGANIC & MINERAL DECONTAMINATION

Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl7.jpg

• Rich, clingy snow foam avoids wash-induced scratches
    • pH-neutral pre-wash or touchless wash to retain existing waxes and sealants for routine maintenance
    • Dual-layer foam formula extends dwell time, enhances cleaning action
    • Primary foam clings to surface softening road film, organic contaminants, while secondary foam releases and carries the abrasives to the ground
    • Extended dwell times… up to 10 minutes of quality cleaning

B3203 - 35oz
    B3201 - Gallon
    Boss foaming system - overview-tdb_fswbutton.png

FOAMING POLY GLOSS
    Super paint protection and intense gloss
    Foaming Poly Gloss delivers superior paint protection, intense gloss, and
    remarkable water repellency. Its dense, clinging suds contain hydrophobic
    polymers that enhance and protect all exterior surfaces including: paint, glass,
    trim, chrome, wheels, and more. Foaming Poly Gloss also increases the
    hydrophobic properties of existing waxes, sealants, and coatings while also
    delivering fast drying and anti-static properties that help keep your ride clean
    longer. It`s also a great way to protect components that typically go un-waxed like
    grilles, aluminum and plastic trim, mirrors, wheels, and windows.

Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl5.jpg

• Hydrophobic polymers enhance gloss, surface slickness, and protection
    • Extends the lifespan of existing waxes, sealants, and coatings
    • Produces remarkable water repelling capability
    • Dual-layer foam extends dwell time, enhances cleaning action
    • Delivers fast drying and anti-static properties for an extended clean

NOTE: May also be diluted ~120:1 and dispensed via our PUMP-UP Sprayer following a traditional wash delivering the same benefits.

B3303 - 35oz
    B3301 - Gallon
    Boss foaming system - overview-tdb-fpg.png

ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
    FOAMING SURFACE WASH- Pre-Wash prior to traditional wash to rid surface of abrasives to eliminated wash induced scratches (Click Pic for Video)

BOSS FOAMING SYSTEM - Overview-boss-foaming-wash-ferrari.jpg
    Boss foaming system - overview-method-guide-button.png

PRE-CORRECTION SURFACE PREP
    FOAMING SURFACE PREP- Surface preparation prior to BOSS Paint Correction (Click Pic for video)
    BOSS FOAMING SYSTEM - Overview-foaming-system-pre-correction-surface-prep.jpg
    Boss foaming system - overview-method-guide-button.png

FOAMING SURFACE PREP diluted 10:1 for pre-soak via our PUMP-UP Foamer
    Boss foaming system - overview-img_5100.jpgBoss foaming system - overview-img_5098.jpg
    Foaming Surface Wash via THE BOSS FOAM CANNON`s AUTO-METERING system
    Boss foaming system - overview-img_5759.jpgBoss foaming system - overview-boss-foaming-wash-ferrari.jpg

Boss foaming system - overview-foaming-system-logo.png
    Boss foaming system - overview-ferrari-foaming-system.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boss foaming system - overview-foam-cannon-callout.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-foam-cannon-manual-button.png   Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl8.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-tdb_fspbutton.png   Boss foaming system - overview-b3110-10-1-secondary-bottle-sprayer.png  

Boss foaming system - overview-77584-pump-foamer.png   Boss foaming system - overview-10520-ergo-wave-scrub-1d8e4.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl7.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-tdb_fswbutton.png   Boss foaming system - overview-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl5.jpg  

Boss foaming system - overview-tdb-fpg.png   Boss foaming system - overview-method-guide-button.png   Boss foaming system - overview-img_5100.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-img_5098.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-img_5759.jpg  

Boss foaming system - overview-boss-foaming-wash-ferrari.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-foaming-system-logo.png   Boss foaming system - overview-ferrari-foaming-system.jpg   Boss foaming system - overview-b3103-b3203-b3303-bf300-foaming-system-family-shot.jpg  
    Likes Loach, SWETM, RaskyR1 liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

Psssst...Brownie...I think if you tell everyone it`s got humectants in it...that will go a long way for you. It worked for someone else.

Seriously though, this system looks pretty interesting, you seem to allude to being able to do a "touchless" with the Surface Wash...so you would foam, dwell, rinse with pressure washer?

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I admit...I`m not the most proficient at posting on forums, as I`m normally caged up in my garage testing products. I`ve got Jason helping with dialing this thread in.

So here is the program... The system can be used touchless if the vehicle is waxes/sealed/coated and has light to moderate defects. Perhaps a hair more defects than you`d be comfortable doing a rinseless wash.

Throughout the entire winter, I`d wash my wife`s Touareg after she drove on average 20 miles per day through snow and salt. The Foaming Surface Wash, followed by the Foaming Poly Gloss using high pressure rinses from the rocker to the roof, then roof to the rocker would deliver a abrasive-free, film-free surface worthy of drying with a PFM Drying Towel. There were a few occasions where there was light road film on the surface. In most cases, I used Griot`s Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax and 15:1 as a waterless wash, misting the surface prior to drying with the PFM Towel. THis dialed the thing in and made it look like I spent hours detailing it.

Of course, if there is major road grime remaining, you`d do a traditional hose and bucket wash or a rinseless wash following the Foaming Surface Wash. The Foaming Poly Gloss would be applied post wash for insane beading and gloss enhancement.

Please let me know if you`ve got questions guys. There are so many ways this system can be used.

Thank you for your interest
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So would you dry between the Surface Wash and the Poly Gloss? Do you dry after the Poly Gloss? Or just blow it off? Your blurb above talks about the cleaning action of the Poly Gloss...would you use it as a wash if the vehicle is only minimally dirty? I originally interpreted it to be only something to add gloss and hydrophobicity.

Post Thanks / Like

Also a bit confused on the poly gloss. Is it purely an LSP/ enhancement product or does it also have cleaning capabilities and can be used as a soap for a car that is well maintained and slightly dirty?

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So would you dry between the Surface Wash and the Poly Gloss? Do you dry after the Poly Gloss? Or just blow it off? Your blurb above talks about the cleaning action of the Poly Gloss...would you use it as a wash if the vehicle is only minimally dirty? I originally interpreted it to be only something to add gloss and hydrophobicity.

1. Always apply the Foaming Prep or Wash onto a cool, dry vehicle. The dry surface enables the foam to cling in its most concentrate form. Important to apply from the rockers up.
    2. Rinse the Foaming Surface Wash prior to applying the Poly Gloss. I`ve applied Poly Gloss directly over the Foaming Surface Wash suds...I found it to have little impact on the hydrophobic properties. For best results, we recommend rinsing the wash prior to applying Poly Gloss, drying is not necessary.

On a vehicle that you`d typically use a Spray On Car Wash or Spray Detailer, applying Poly Gloss as wash is fine. Again, the cleaning action is light and will not detract from the wax/sealant/coating. This combined with the high-pressure rinse will remove the abrasives and light contaminants, making drying with the PFM Towel a breeze.

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

It is intended as an LSP / maintenance for all waxes, sealants, and coatings. Even coatings can lose hydrophobic properties over time. The Poly Gloss when used frequently will ensure the hydrophobicity is enhanced and maintained. It is important to note, Poly Gloss will not be detrimental to the self-cleaning properties of coatings. It will maintain high clarity and will not build up...in terms of haze or film

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll condense all my questions into this post...hopefully. For background, it`s unlikely that I`m going to buy the system, but maybe just the cannon. I literally have gallons of soap on the shelf. I`m not saying these are not better, but if I buy more, they`ll be the only thing keeping me warm at night, if you catch my drift. So, assume I`ll be using this with my existing soaps. Here goes:

1. Is there an orifice in the cannon that would get changed out if using a low PSI power washer, like my SunJoe?

2. What do I do specifically because I have a low PSI pressure washer?

3. When I mix my soap, do I take the auto-mix tip off of the fill tube prior to foaming ?

4. The pictures you posted...was that with an electric or gas-powered power washer?

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting. When/where are the prices for all components of this system?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Very interesting. When/where are the prices for all components of this system?
    at www griotsgarage com Look under the "new products" or something like that.
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to locate the new products on Griot’s site by simply searching Foam Cannon, it brought all of the new products up. Cannon was $100, Both washes were $20 and the Poly was $25.

I’d like to give that system a shot but it like other quality products is pricey and I need to find out long term usage costs. I’ve seen other brand foam cannons priced at roughly same price as this cannon ($100) so that price is no shocker to me. What I’m really wondering is approximately how many washes one might expect to get out of one of the bottles of washes or Poly for that matter as? As this is a self mix system it is probably a bit tougher to guage how far a full cannon will get you and how much product you are actually using.

I’m currently able to fill a cannon with a quality shampoo and casually use the whole cannon on an Edge sized vehicle and if I get my hustle on I can use one full cannon to do a full size F150. What I’m saying is I’m using one full mixed bottle per vehicle. With my current shampoos I use 3.2 oz. of shampoo per bottle mixed cannon, this is actually heavy on the mix but it gives me tons of foam and works well for me. If I’m reading the ad correctly these products are $20 for the Washes and $25 for the Poly. Wondering how much it would work out per wash using the new system? I understand that one can sit and spray a panel until the a full cannon is empty and it’s really up to the user and their technique but just wondering on the average how many uses per container we might expect to get out of this system.

Given this thought I’m wondering if manually mixing these products and pulling the jet out of the cannon I could expect similar results to what I’m doing now? I probably would not do this but if it helps me on cost control I’d consider doing so.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Take a listen/watch:

Link removed, TMG, if you can show us where this video talks about Griot’s product without watching an hour vid, we’ll put it back in. This is a thread posted by a sponsored vendor discussing their new product, it’s simply being courteous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    What I’m really wondering is approximately how many washes one might expect to get out of one of the bottles of washes or Poly for that matter as? As this is a self mix system it is probably a bit tougher to guage how far a full cannon will get you and how much product you are actually using.

I’m currently able to fill a cannon with a quality shampoo and casually use the whole cannon on an Edge sized vehicle and if I get my hustle on and don’t let the hose get stuck around tires I can use one full cannon to do a full size F150. What I’m saying is I’m using one full mixed bottle per vehicle. With my current shampoos I use 3.2 oz. of shampoo per bottle, that is actually heavy on the mix but it works for me. If I’m reading the ad correctly these products are $20 for the Washes and $25 for the Poly. Wondering how much it would work out per wash using the new system? I understand that one can sit and spray a panel until the bottle is empty and it’s really up to the user’s technique but just wondering on the average how many uses per container we might expect.
    If I read the info right on the page for the foam cannon, it says up to 35 cars per bottle.
    Likes GearHead_1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    If I read the info right on the page for the foam cannon, it says up to 35 cars per bottle.
    Thank you, apparently I didn’t have my eyes on. That would be very economical and certainly worthy of consideration.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Take a listen/watch:
    Why would you link a podcast about Ammo NYC to answer my questions about a GG product?
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information