Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If I were using this system, I`d try disobeying the instructions and rinse it off first.

Reading what people posting about how they plan to use this, I can`t help but think how you shouldn`t expect the Newest Thing to make a long, hard job into a quick and easy one. Realistic expectations and all that...
    I`m hoping my enthusiasm for trying the new system doesn`t make me seem like I think all I have to do now is show my car the bottle and it`ll be clean.

My main goal is for it to help me fit in quick washes that maintain the car at a "Best in (most of) the parking lots" (I think I`m stealing that concept from your postings) in between the more intensive (and satisfying) deep cleans that require a bigger time commitment.

I probably should have stayed quiet until I`ve gone big times hands on with the system. I`m hoping that having read all the information available from Griot`s and having read up on it as much as I can that I`m not misleading or providing any misinformation with my posts!
    Likes LGHT, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I`m hoping my enthusiasm for trying the new system doesn`t make me seem like I think all I have to do now is show my car the bottle and it`ll be clean.

My main goal is for it to help me fit in quick washes that maintain the car at a "Best in (most of) the parking lots" (I think I`m stealing that concept from your postings) in between the more intensive (and satisfying) deep cleans that require a bigger time commitment.

I probably should have stayed quiet until I`ve gone big times hands on with the system. I`m hoping that having read all the information available from Griot`s and having read up on it as much as I can that I`m not misleading or providing any misinformation with my posts!
    Thanks again for all the post especially in the other one. The above is my main goal also. Not to avoid the hand wash (the 3 year old looks forward to it), but to get a quick wash in between so the car isn`t carrying an inch of dust on it. I also plan on doing several test using different methods as well once I`m setup and ready to go!
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used it 6 or 7 times now and I`m happy with it.

I`m looking forward to the release of the Surface Prep.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m probably coming across completely wrong on this one...I might not be a Target Customer for this system but I still think it`s a great thing and I`m really interested in how it works for people.

Older- Ah, glad you`re liking it! Nothing like money well-spent

LGHT- I`ll be looking forward to your takes on it, especially as you try different approaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    ..My main goal is for it to help me fit in quick washes that maintain the car at a "Best in (most of) the parking lots" (I think I`m stealing that concept from your postings) in between the more intensive (and satisfying) deep cleans that require a bigger time commitment.
    Heh heh, yeah..that *is* one of my Standards for "plenty good enough" Your planned use of it makes perfect sense to me, regardless of whether I`d do it myself.
    I probably should have stayed quiet until I`ve gone big times hands on with the system.
    Well, not IMO! I appreciate the "first blush impressions" as they`re, uhm...untainted by extensive experience. Different points on the Learning Curve can have different impressions and tracking them gives a good perspective for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m looking forward to trying this system, so I`ll be glad when Autogeek and Autopia offer it.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    I`m looking forward to trying this system, so I`ll be glad when Autogeek and Autopia offer it.
    I got mine directly from Griot’s.

D.I. Has it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    Is surface prep caustic free? For those of you who are spraying out of a pump sprayer or garden sprayer, what ratio are you using? I`ve read everything from 1:10, 1:20, to 1:128 to "replicate the foam cannon"

My dilute APC is working fine but this could be a nice upgrade to give a little more dwell time before drying out
    Jist mix APC with some car soap in the cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY got a chance to try out the system this weekend. Trying to find time now to do an actual review of it, but quick thoughts:

-I dig it. While I knew the cars were dirty beyond what the system was designed, the Surface Wash did as advertised to drop dirt off the car allowing for a safer wash.

-My car got a (single) bucket wash, and had noticeably less funk in the bottom of the bucket than you would expect.

-The Mrs` Q5 got a rinseless after (black car + the sun was coming around). Brought her car to a level I was much more comfortable going rinseless than I would have been prior.

-I believe Older has the same Ryobi 1600/1.2 pressure washer I have and said it worked fine, but I was happy to have great foam output with no futzing around. I think a review on their website said they had to change the orifice - IME I`ve got no reason to.

- Poly gloss left my daily shinier/slicker than it was after just the wash. Due to it being rear-ended last october and a lack of time to focus on the cars, the exterior`s been grossly neglected (If I`m going to clean anything, it has to get done to a standard. Since other things took priority, it kept getting bumped down the priority list. After ordering the foaming system, it also turned into a torture test opportunity). I`m curious to see how the Poly Gloss works on it`s own (not it`s advertised intention, but we`ll give it a go). I`ll continue to report back.

- Product consumption was pretty much as advertised. Didn`t measure anything exactly, but hardly used anything from the bottles to do both cars.

So far, it pretty well lined up with what I was expecting. If you`re hoping to just show it to your filthy car and have it come out clean; might want to realign your expectations. Looking to rid it of abrasive contaminants and mild dirt; much more realistic. I think this will be great for bringing cars to my rinseless threshold. The way the shade is for my driveway, I`ve gotta get cleaning done right away in the morning or I`m fighting sun/water spots. From my experience this weekend, I see it working great to Foam first, then rinseless in the garage out of the elements. I`m excited to see how it works for a maintenance wash.

Random fun facts: I had queried earlier about mixing Surface Wash up at a higher concentration since the Surface Prep isn`t out yet, and with no responses I just gave it a shot. Mixed it at 1:10 ratio with water and pretreated half my driver`s door. Also out of curiosity, I sprayed half my LR door with their Pre Wax Cleanser (no longer available on their site? Was curious what else I could do with it), and half my RF door with Optimum Power Clean also at 1:10 with water. After the Surface wash, you couldn`t tell a difference where I had sprayed any of the pretreatments. Again - extreme circumstance given how long it`d been since the last wash.

Wow, that ended up longer than I meant it to. This is why I never end up getting product reviews done...
    Likes Loach, LGHT, DetailZeus, rlmccarty2000, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice feedback I just got my kit yesterday and ryobi 1.6, but I did get a new gun to go with it so just waiting for the adaptors to arrive so I can connect it. I`ll probably also give it a go this weekend. I have 2 cars that are covered in dirt so I know I`m getting buckets for those, but I do have 1 that`s just a bit dusty so I`ll see if I can skip the buck on that one.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LGHT - Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

I really was surprised how much cleaner the bucket was on the single bucket wash than I was expecting. And for how quick/easy it was, I could definitely see using it before any wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    AG and Autopia have been falling down on the job. They need to stock the Griots kit along with CarPro Gliss. They are pushing me to go elsewhere and buy. What’s the problem?

Post Thanks / Like

End of year BRUMP. Surface Prep worth it ? Going to buy one methinks ?
    Anyone have any benchmark comparisons to let`s say those other TFR etc cleanser comparisons from ~overseas~

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    End of year BRUMP. Surface Prep worth it ? Going to buy one methinks ?
    Anyone have any benchmark comparisons to let`s say those other TFR etc cleanser comparisons from ~overseas~
    So I have nothing to compare it to except for Reset, Honey Dew Snow Foam and Poorboys SSS, but I have to say that I was quite impressed. I was hesitate to purchase this because it is only sold in the gallon and I didn`t want a whole gallon if I didn`t like the stuff. However it did a rather nice job. I don`t want to over hype it, but I had a film of mud (not solid physical mud like I just got back from a trail, but the usual dirt and dust and rain mixture) that never comes off with foam, I think I do it because I like the way it looks, however the Surface Prep took most of it off if not all of it. I had my 2 buckets already made so I went ahead and did that anyway, but I have to say, I don`t think I needed to. I say think because this was awhile ago and I`m trying to remember the specifics. At the time I had a AR383 pressure washer with an cheap Amazon Cannon. Since then I`ve gone thorough 3 different pressure washers (that`s another rant for another day) but finally landed on a Ryobi 2300 PSI 1.2 GPM. I haven`t used it with that yet as I have been busy with work and school. I`m hoping to see how they work together Monday!

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Got a chance to use it with the new pressure washer today. Wont talk much, more pics, but the instructions said use 1.6 oz., i used close to 2 by accident. Only filled 500 ml., and have a different hose & gun.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using it for a while now and have been pretty impressed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information