Re: Boss foaming system - overview

um, er. Can I send in a 8 oz bottle to be filled

Sharing is caring
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    .. 3 soaps is 2 too many.
    If this weren`t a thread on the Griots` subforum I`d suggest that three soaps is *NOT* too many when using a certain decontamination system

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I ordered mine from DI, all in stock now except for surface prep.

Used mine last night for the first time. Super thick foam and smells great too. Sorry for the crappy video, my pressure washer has a flexible wand on it so it was hard to hold my phone and apply the foam at the same time. I`ll get a better one when the wife can shoot the video for me.

https://youtu.be/VwKN-EF9rvY
    what pressure washer was that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    what pressure washer was that?
    AR630 tss

Post Thanks / Like

Another of the Boss foam canon. Looks rather disappointing in this video compared to the PF22.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The problem with the cannon is no operating instructions, I assumed that the plus on the adjustable top knob was for more foam, it’s not, it’s for more water? Once we got that figured out it put out shaving cream!

Post Thanks / Like

This morning I drank the Kool Aid. Not the Griots Kool Aid - but the foam cannon Kool Aid.

Went through the whole thing with Bilt Hamber Snow Foam & HoneyDew in my foam cannon

I dunno. I think foaming is a feel good process. You see all that soap & feel like it must be doing something good.. Don’t get me wrong - I’ll do it from time to time - cuz why not? I have various soaps, the tools, and the facilities at my disposal. So, on a day off - I may spray some foam for fun.

But I find anyone making claims that foaming itself or with any specific tool/product does this or that a little suspect. You have to consider - the volume of what you are spraying is being highly diluted by the water from the pressure washer. It’s very close to pH neutral when it hits the panel. Why can’t you just dump a bucket of soapy water on your car and rinse it off? Nobody is doing that - but the net effect would not be significantly different IMO.

Foam cannons create a lotta bubbles and whatnot - but I really don’t think there is much benefit if any over just pressure washing the vehicle with water.. Of course, you can use a foam cannon as a soap dispenser to wash stuff & that works well.

Way I look at it is, in life - what else do you clean by simply spraying it with soap and rinsing it off? Not much. Prolly cuz the process isn’t very effective or efficient - unless you are using a very strong acid or base which is not soap.

I have obtained what I’d consider a healthy cynicism towards all detailing products and processes anymore. The industry is unregulated - anyone can claim anything in a bottle or any tool does anything and charge you a premium for it. You can claim some soap or chemical cleans something - but so can water if used in a certain manner. Nobody will tell us what is in these soaps that makes them “different” or better than any other soap out there.

My gut tells me dialing in a process that works for you will be much more beneficial than any specific soap or cleaner sprayed by any specific foam cannon. But, I guess this stuff does appeal to us on a level that is hard to define - cuz it does look fun to have your special bottles of stuff in special colors and a special foam cannon made just for those special bottles. I’m not saying it’s not fun or cool - I’m just saying I’d be leery of any actual different results vs using whatever else is out there.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, DetailZeus, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Swanic I think anyone that has gone through a “touchless wash” would probably agree with you. If you examine your car afterwards there is always a film of something that needs to be mechanically removed and I’m sure the soap they use is pretty strong stuff. I do foam my vehicles but I know I am also going to have to “rub” afterwards to get them really clean. For me the foam is just a prewash to remove some of the surface dirt.
    Likes LGHT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can honestly say the Griot’s wash does remove dirt! Even on a very dirty car, it removed about 80 percent of the dirt. That means there’s less of a chance to scratch the car. They don’t claim it’s a never touch your car wash, they tell you to follow up with a bucket wash if you need to.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Older, SWETM, LGHT liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Detailed Image currently has Griots 25% off...just a heads up for anyone who wants to try this stuff
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I dunno. I think foaming is a feel good process.

Foam cannons create a lotta bubbles and whatnot - but I really don’t think there is much benefit if any over just pressure washing the vehicle with water.. Of course, you can use a foam cannon as a soap dispenser to wash stuff & that works well.
    I agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I can honestly say the Griot’s wash does remove dirt! Even on a very dirty car, it removed about 80 percent of the dirt. That means there’s less of a chance to scratch the car. They don’t claim it’s a never touch your car wash, they tell you to follow up with a bucket wash if you need to.
    Ok,I just washed my daily driver with the Surface Wash and PolyGloss. It hasn`t been washed in a week,(it wasn`t very dirty and still looked good enough to leave alone). This car lives outside 24/7.

I took a 370 mile road trip on Saturday. It had a one-inch bird bomb on it and some bug spatters. Nothing serious. It hasn`t been rained on between washes,either.

After I was done, (and before drying), I finger-swiped every panel and swiped the wheels, too. No road film anywhere. I was prepared to use my mitt, but surprised I didn`t have to.

As you may have noticed, I`m a person that kinda resists change. I still have my old Cyclo, and I probably won`t buy another machine. Though when they perfect the cordless machines,I may not be able to resist. And look how long it took me to buy a foam cannon.

I`m sure that the two fresh coats of FK1000p and the previous use of PolyGloss enabled that to happen. (Thanks again,Accumulator).

As always, my opinion is worth what you paid for it.

I am also a skeptic, so no offense taken there.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I use a dedicated prewash foam is to get the car as clean as possible before touching it. With the foamcannon and the PW as tools I get it a little bit cleaner than if I don`t use it. The summer months the benefit is that the bugs sprays of clean and a part of the road film gets off too. I use Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam which I think is one of the most effective foams on the market. Does it work with foam it and rinse it off like you do with hose. No! I use the technique that the GG showed how to use theirs new foams. You use the water pressure from the PW to clean with. Start at the bottom and work my way up. It`s cause when you come up a bit on the panels. The dirt you rinse off then runs better off the already rinsed part. Then you have the chemicals to work till it`s gets rinsed off. In the winter months I use Bilt Hamber Surfex HD which is a little bit stronger and get the road film off better too.

Would the PW rinse off without any prewash work and then 2bm wash it. Sure it will! But the big difference is the amount of dirt you get in the rinse bucket afterwards. With a great prewash foam and a quality car soap like carpro reset and 2bm wash. You get alot less dirt in the rinse bucket and a very clean surface. The wash mitt and or mf wash towels don`t get as dirty either. There is where I see the biggest difference with a thorough prewash.

The use of a car soap and foam it as a prewash. I don`t see a much of benefit from. The PW alone would get the same results as it`s made for be aggitated with. I would get me a pump sprayer and use degreasers as a prewash step. Some prewash foams works as degreasers in this way and an example is Surfex HD. Do you use that in a quite strong dilution you get a great effective prewash.

As always this is my opinion and experience and could be different for others.

/Tony
    Likes Older, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM,

Does the Surfex HD shorten the life of your LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Ok,I just washed my daily driver with the Surface Wash and PolyGloss. It hasn`t been washed in a week,(it wasn`t very dirty and still looked good enough to leave alone). This car lives outside 24/7.

I took a 370 mile road trip on Saturday. It had a one-inch bird bomb on it and some bug spatters. Nothing serious. It hasn`t been rained on between washes,either.

After I was done, (and before drying), I finger-swiped every panel and swiped the wheels, too. No road film anywhere. I was prepared to use my mitt, but surprised I didn`t have to.

As you may have noticed, I`m a person that kinda resists change. I still have my old Cyclo, and I probably won`t buy another machine. Though when they perfect the cordless machines,I may not be able to resist. And look how long it took me to buy a foam cannon.

I`m sure that the two fresh coats of FK1000p and the previous use of PolyGloss enabled that to happen. (Thanks again,Accumulator).

As always, my opinion is worth what you paid for it.

I am also a skeptic, so no offense taken there.
    Thank you for posting your experience. Just out of curiosity, how long did you allow the Surface Wash to dwell before rinsing off, and how long ago did you apply the existing coat of Poly Gloss?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information