Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    It’d be worth confirming with them before ordering, but that’s what the guy mentioned in the video. Not a bad deal, especially considering on AG someone posted an Amazon (or something) link saying something along the line of “I think it’s just this one”, and it was the same price Griot’s was selling it for.
    I confirmed the lifetime warrantee with Griot`s. You just pay the return shipping to them. They ship it back to you for free.

I didn`t ask what the turnaround time would be.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Heh heh, "only pay" return shipping on a pressure washer...I`ve done that, once. Save the original box/packing materials. No, no...not flaming, just Been There Paid for That....
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just got word I`ll be getting a raise at work; I`m definitely buying in now.

Planning to get all 3 foams and the cannon. (Starter kit + Prep Foam). Planning on trying the Iron and Fallout Remover through the cannon as well during the decon wash process.

I`ll be using it with the lil Ryobi that Zach recommended in his pressure washer thread. By their info it`s at the bottom threshold for the required specs.

Should be interesting to try this out!
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    What is the difference between the FOAM nozzle and the electric pressure washer nozzle, that comes with the kit set? Whats type of difference are we talking about? When using the max foam nozzle does it change the dilution ratios you get out of a bottle of say the surface wash? Thanks.
    Any ideas on this from folks in the know on this product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, "only pay" return shipping on a pressure washer...I`ve done that, once. Save the original box/packing materials. No, no...not flaming, just Been There Paid for That....
    I`m with you on that one. I`d have to build an addition to store all the boxes.

I have one of the $89.00 Ryobi PWs. The one with the tubular cage surround. It`s tiny and works fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Older- Gee, for ~$15 more than my bottom-end PW you got one with a cage surround!

Post Thanks / Like

The way I understand it is the metering tips are designed to give you a 20:1 dilution with either a gas or electric machine. The max foam tip I would have to say would change that ratio? Still waiting for the cannon to come in, but have been extremely pleased with the system using the foaming sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    I have one of the $89.00 Ryobi PWs. The one with the tubular cage surround. It`s tiny and works fine.
    I’ve got the same one, got it off Zach’s recommendation thread. Nice little unit, and a 3 year warranty. Worked great for blasting paint off my deck with the turbo nozzle, and has been put to work cleaning up underbody panels and such during post-repair degreases. Works just fine for my PW needs for car washing thus far.

It’s the unit I’ll be using with the BOSS system when it comes in. It falls on the bottom end of their required specifications, but makes the cut. Can’t wait to report on it!

Edit: Additional thought- It’s also nice not having another gas powered thing to have to worry about upkeep on! My coworker actually bought the next Ryobi up from mine after using it. He was in the market for a PW as his gasser was due to be gone through again because it wasn’t working right.

Post Thanks / Like

+10 on keeping the box for the pressure washer. It will quit, it’s only a question as to when. The o-rings usually dry out and fail after a few years. If I didn’t already have an AR pressure washer (with leaking o-rings) I would jump on the Griots deal before they change their mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Older- Gee, for ~$15 more than my bottom-end PW you got one with a cage surround!
    It was on sale at Home Depot a few weeks ago. It replaced my old,ailing Karcher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    +10 on keeping the box for the pressure washer. It will quit.. If I didn’t already have an AR pressure washer (with leaking o-rings) I would jump on the Griots deal before they change their mind.
    Assuming they don`t change the policy...Pricey Facom tools from them with a "lifetime warranty" that was only good until they quit selling them (leaving me with three pricey ratchets that don`t work) and then my 3" RO died right away so they sent me a new one, along with a "this is all you`ll get" note, and then they changed the unit to something different. So IME sometimes they simply blow off the lifetime warranty and other times they redefine it. When I think about "one and done" replacement of a product that was destined to fail, I can imagine parallels with the pw. Yeah, "cynical old me" but once or twice bitten..

No, no...not intended as a flame and for the record I remain a steadfast, enthusiastic, and adamant supporter of Griot`s Garage. But it leaves a bad taste when they change the warranty to less-than-lifetime after the money is spent.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the soap and poly gloss a few times. The soap is nice but I don`t find it to be a game changer for touchless washes. Granted, the cars were driven through the rain so there was some road film. For me, if it is just dust I can simply hose it off. The Poly Gloss may be a game changer. Beading and slickness is quite good. I just have to see how long it lasts. I`d be very happy if only a couple months. I used this on a couple cars that were coated 2 years ago and have pretty much lost the beading. Just trying to get past summer before I recoat. I am also thinking that the Poly Gloss may prolong the coating through the winter.

I am using my Autogeek foam cannon. The bottles screw directly to the cannon and it seems to work fine with the flow control set 1.5 to 2 turns open. I don`t know yet if I am anywhere near the 1:20 mixture. So far, it seems like I am not using enough product out of the bottle but the foam is really good. Using the Griots foam should make this fool proof.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post
    Dislikes kajunman disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used the BOSS cannon with their Surface Wash and Poly Gloss. I have to admit it works great.

One car had a dusting of tree sap or some other contaminate all over it. It felt like little rocks when running my hand over it. It came right off without touching the surface with a mitt. Very impressive.

I bought a couple of their small bottles to screw on to the cannon. I figured it would be easier to use a lighter bottle. I used quick disconnects for my MTM spray gun so I didn`t have to attach it to the end of the lance. It`s much easier to swing it around.

This is the first time I`ve used a foam gun and a PW to wash my cars. It was kinda fun and effective.

And it`s the only way to clean the wheel wells. Especially with the massive wheels and tires that pretty much fill them up,(245/45-20 on one car, 265/30-20 on the other).

To make it even more of a challenge, the wheel wells are fabric, which acts like velcro. They begin to look like a porcupine after awhile. No way to get a brush in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread brumppp. More like I`m interested in the soap per Brownies comments. I guess I will need to wait 6 months (eeeks) to see proof in the pudding per se

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering why I did not see Surface Prep among the washing products on Griots page....here`s a heads up (directly from the Griots Garage website) for any of you who have some:

At Griot`s Garage, we pride ourselves in providing our customers with best-in-class products and service. We regret to inform you that Foaming Surface Prep is such an amazing product it actually compromised our legendary bottle. We are working diligently to fix this packaging surprise so we can get this exciting product into your hands as fast as possible. We appreciate your patience and will make you aware of Foaming Surface Prep`s availability when we are confident that our bottle can contain all its foaming awesomeness.
    Likes showbbq liked this post

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information