Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

From the Foaming Prep document at the start of the thread, it lists the dilutions as “Auto Mix” for BOSS cannon, 20:1 for all other foam cannons, or 60oz water to .5oz concentrate in a pressurized sprayer.

I would guess that’s a fair bit more concentrated than out of the BOSS cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I`ve only watched the first 5 minutes or so; it sounds great, but I think I`ve got to hear some independent reviews. Of course, I do almost exclusively rinseless anymore, and I still have gallons of conventional soap, not to mention I`ve hardly been washing the cars anymore, so I don`t even know why I`m interested...must be academic curiosity.

Edit: I watched a little more...when he`s talking about the prep wash in a secondary spray bottle at 10:1, is that more, less, or the same dilution as it comes out of the cannon? I presumed from the way he`s using it in the video, it`s more concentrated...but then again, he was hitting the "trouble spots" before using the maintenance wash.
    Keep watching. There is some decent information in the video.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Comes out of the cannon at 20:1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Just like wax , depends on situation.
    Mike,

Protection longer than GG Spray On Wax? CarPro Reload? Just trying to get an idea.

Post Thanks / Like

Was impressed with the PW they offer at GG and used in the video. 2050psi and 1.4gpm and the versitale wagon or move it by hand. Seems like a great PW setup that you don`t need to upgrade hose and spray gun directly but ready to use. This is for being an electric PW on 110v outlets.

The next thing was the technique to rinse the foaming surface wash or the foaming surface prep. Which I always use when clean rinsing off the prewash foam or different decon products. It gets you a higher cleaning ability when rinsing from the bottom and work your way up. When useing a PW to clean the paint with this is a very effective way to do this technique. The water pressure acts as the aggitation so you cover all of the paint with the water pressure from the PW.

Very interesting products the whole line of products in the BOSS foaming products. Will be intresting to read what you guys and gals think of this.

/Tony
    Likes Brownie liked this post
    Thanks Brownie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know how to answer that, it is all dependent on how you take care of any of those products. Also climate and conditions the vehicle stays in. In the video they say similar if not as good as the carpro product and that it will build up durability the more it is used? We have several systems on order, so as soon as I know, you’ll know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I don’t know how to answer that, it is all dependent on how you take care of any of those products. Also climate and conditions the vehicle stays in. In the video they say similar if not as good as the carpro product and that it will build up durability the more it is used? We have several systems on order, so as soon as I know, you’ll know.

Ok, thanks, Mike.

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I`ve only watched the first 5 minutes or so; it sounds great, but I think I`ve got to hear some independent reviews. Of course, I do almost exclusively rinseless anymore, and I still have gallons of conventional soap, not to mention I`ve hardly been washing the cars anymore, so I don`t even know why I`m interested...must be academic curiosity.

Edit: I watched a little more...when he`s talking about the prep wash in a secondary spray bottle at 10:1, is that more, less, or the same dilution as it comes out of the cannon? I presumed from the way he`s using it in the video, it`s more concentrated...but then again, he was hitting the "trouble spots" before using the maintenance wash.
    Touching on the 10:1, we developed foaming surface prep to be for application via a Foam Cannon (Premix or run through metering tip) at 20:1, then to be combined with the water of the cannon. When diluted 10:1, foamed on road slime and bugs, it melts then away to be easily agitated with the non-swirling Ergo Wave Foam Scrubber. It`s also insane on tires , wheel wells, engines and more.

Foaming Surface Prep is a complex blend of actives include readily biodegradable surfactants that emulsify water with oil and dirt. Wetting agents that lubricant and reduce surface tension... and more proprietary components. In concentrate form, its a very high pH at 13.5...but when diluted safe for all external surfaces

Its been developed and tested over the course of a year to outperform anything in its category. I use it weekly on my personal vehicles and love it!
    Likes SWETM, RaskyR1, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post

I use it weekly on my personal vehicles and love it!
    I thought that Surface Prep was for vehicles that were pretty dirty with road grime and whatnot. Are your cars so dirty that they need that weekly? Just trying to get a handle on the new products.

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha! No, my vehicles are rather clean. Living in MN, my wheel wells, tires/wheels, rockers, etc. get rather soiled in the winter. Since Griot`s Garage doesn`t currently offer a powerful degreaser, this delivers performance that rivals most I`ve ever tried.

The Foaming Surface Prep is intended to be used prior to paint decontamination (Iron & Fallout Remover) and paint correction. It`s ability to find cracks, crevices, nooks and crannies; enabling users to agitate jambs, fuel compartments, wheel wells, tires, engines, rockers, etc delivering a deep clean that ensures we don`t have to go back and address those ares later. We always want to be moving forward. I can`t tell you how many times early in my career where I`d find myself having to go back and address jambs, or a fuel door, etc. following correction. Wet work should ensure that all exterior surfaces of a vehicle including engines, jambs, undercarriage, etc. have a clean slate.

Have a great weekend
    Likes RaskyR1, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Guz - I posted this on AG, but wanted to get it here too: Thanks for posting the Facebook video for the rest of us.

I think I’m sold on the system. I’ve never been a foam wash person, but this looks like it takes it to a different level in regards to lifting and removing contaminants vs just foaming with standard soaps.

I’m also intrigued to try the Foaming Poly Gloss. Looks like a more foolproof version of the spray-on/blast off SiO2 products, and I’m really curious to see how the anti-static aspect works.

Thought it was nice during the video that he was up front that they’re selling an AR pressure washer, but added that they cover it with their lifetime warranty. I also appreciated that they fielded the question comparing it to Carpro Hydro, instead of just passing that question by and keeping it an all Griot’s conversation.

Their Foaming Surface Prep strikes me as an interesting alternative to the new McKee’s Coating Prep Auto Wash. Be cool to see someone do a head to head with them once they’re out in the wild.
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Brownie thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    .. they’re selling an AR pressure washer...
    Huh, interesting (if only because that`s what I have).

Post Thanks / Like

What is the difference between the FOAM nozzle and the electric pressure washer nozzle set with the (-) regulator to high foam? How much more foam what is the partical difference? When using the max foam nozzle does it change the dilution ratios you get out of a bottle of say the surface wash? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Guz - I posted this on AG, but wanted to get it here too: Thanks for posting the Facebook video for the rest of us.

I think I’m sold on the system. I’ve never been a foam wash person, but this looks like it takes it to a different level in regards to lifting and removing contaminants vs just foaming with standard soaps.

I’m also intrigued to try the Foaming Poly Gloss. Looks like a more foolproof version of the spray-on/blast off SiO2 products, and I’m really curious to see how the anti-static aspect works.

Thought it was nice during the video that he was up front that they’re selling an AR pressure washer, but added that they cover it with their lifetime warranty. I also appreciated that they fielded the question comparing it to Carpro Hydro, instead of just passing that question by and keeping it an all Griot’s conversation.

Their Foaming Surface Prep strikes me as an interesting alternative to the new McKee’s Coating Prep Auto Wash. Be cool to see someone do a head to head with them once they’re out in the wild.
    A lifetime warranty on an AR pressure washer? I know where I’m buying my next pressure washer. I’ve got an AR and while I like it I don’t expect to get more than 5 years of use out of any consumer electric PW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    A lifetime warranty on an AR pressure washer? I know where I’m buying my next pressure washer. I’ve got an AR and while I like it I don’t expect to get more than 5 years of use out of any consumer electric PW.
    It’d be worth confirming with them before ordering, but that’s what the guy mentioned in the video. Not a bad deal, especially considering on AG someone posted an Amazon (or something) link saying something along the line of “I think it’s just this one”, and it was the same price Griot’s was selling it for.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information