Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Is this system what people were referring to as the "new foam gun" in that other Intro thread? I never did find that under the "New" tab..
    Hmmm. The BOSS foam cannon is the first thing I see listed under the what’s new section. I guess it’s not a gun, it’s a pressure washer attachment for the end of your existing gun.

Post Thanks / Like

So is this a touchless process? Once you foam the car you dont take a wash mitt to it? How about drying? Wouldn`t you create more swirls drying if you just did this and did not use a mitt to remove the contaminants and try to dry with a towel. A person subjectively would have to know whats "dirty" enough to necessitate mechanical remove (i.e. washing with a mitt) of dirt. Outside of the automixer siphon not sure i see anything different here than what people do all the time to foam their cars?

Post Thanks / Like

The type of foam is completely different than anything else on the market. If your car is well maintained you probably don’t have to touch it. As far as drying, if you use the correct technique you won’t instill scratches. The initial foaming on a dirty Car removes the majority of the contamination and after rinsing you certainly can do a traditional wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    So is this a touchless process? Once you foam the car you dont take a wash mitt to it? How about drying? Wouldn`t you create more swirls drying if you just did this and did not use a mitt to remove the contaminants and try to dry with a towel. A person subjectively would have to know whats "dirty" enough to necessitate mechanical remove (i.e. washing with a mitt) of dirt. Outside of the automixer siphon not sure i see anything different here than what people do all the time to foam their cars?
    There`s a much better overview of the system than has been givem here or on the GG website in the new Griot`s catalog that I got in the mail yesterday.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    Hmmm. The BOSS foam cannon is the first thing I see listed under the what’s new section. I guess it’s not a gun, it’s a pressure washer attachment for the end of your existing gun.
    Thanks for the verification, wondered if I was missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The type of foam is completely different than anything else on the market. If your car is well maintained you probably don’t have to touch it. As far as drying, if you use the correct technique you won’t instill scratches. The initial foaming on a dirty Car removes the majority of the contamination and after rinsing you certainly can do a traditional wash.
    Thanks still not seeing the real difference just that its a stronger formulation meant to pull away more contaminants? I just dint see a scenario where I would want to foam my car rinse it then dry it....seems more risky than washing then drying. Higher chances im dragging something across my paint with a dry towel instead of a wet wash mitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks still not seeing the real difference just that its a stronger formulation meant to pull away more contaminants? I just dint see a scenario where I would want to foam my car rinse it then dry it....seems more risky than washing then drying. Higher chances im dragging something across my paint with a dry towel instead of a wet wash mitt.
    From my reading, the dual foam breaks down the grit and such during it`s first stage, then lifts it/pulls it to the ground during the second stage. You`re then chasing it with a thorough pressure wash, blasting away everything that`s been lifted.

If it didn`t reach your desired level of clean, or you`re that worried about marring, then simply treat the final steps like a rinseless/waterless wash.

Based on the mileage/conditions my daily driver sees, I could absolutely see using the Foaming Surface Wash, rinsing, then chasing it with their Rinseless Wash @ 15:1 as a drying aid. (Since I always end up using a drying aid of some kind anyway.
    Likes Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds really interesting. I`m looking forward to hearing some results

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you here. My sequence usually goes:

Light Dust - Pressure rinse, dry with drying aid (rarely do this)
    Normal Dirt/Maintenance - Pressure rinse, 2bm, dry with drying aid (most frequent)
    Winter/Storm Dirty - Prewash, pressure rinse, 2bm, dry with drying aid

In my mind this is least aggressive to most aggressive. My drying aid is usually some sort of rinseless wash in waterless ratio and I switch towels frequently while drying.

There`s all sorts of creative ways to get a car clean, this is just what works for me

Post Thanks / Like

I posted the facebook live demo video at this link.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1580766
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I posted the facebook live demo video...
    Thanks Guz!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ml#post1580766
    Thanks for the link, Mike !

Dude - take that dang remote key out of your pocket so you wont keep triggering the car alarm...
    Dan F
    Likes Oneheadlite, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any idea of how long the foaming poly offers protection? I don`t know that I want to invest in a pressure washer, but might consider one of their pump sprayers.

Post Thanks / Like

Just like wax , depends on situation.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve only watched the first 5 minutes or so; it sounds great, but I think I`ve got to hear some independent reviews. Of course, I do almost exclusively rinseless anymore, and I still have gallons of conventional soap, not to mention I`ve hardly been washing the cars anymore, so I don`t even know why I`m interested...must be academic curiosity.

Edit: I watched a little more...when he`s talking about the prep wash in a secondary spray bottle at 10:1, is that more, less, or the same dilution as it comes out of the cannon? I presumed from the way he`s using it in the video, it`s more concentrated...but then again, he was hitting the "trouble spots" before using the maintenance wash.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information