Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boss foaming system - overview

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Why would you link a podcast about Ammo NYC to answer my questions about a GG product?
    Humectants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I was able to locate the new products on Griot’s site by simply searching Foam Cannon, it brought all of the new products up. Cannon was $100, Both washes were $20 and the Poly was $25.

I’d like to give that system a shot but it like other quality products is pricey and I need to find out long term usage costs. I’ve seen other brand foam cannons priced at roughly same price as this cannon ($100) so that price is no shocker to me. What I’m really wondering is approximately how many washes one might expect to get out of one of the bottles of washes or Poly for that matter as? As this is a self mix system it is probably a bit tougher to guage how far a full cannon will get you and how much product you are actually using.

I’m currently able to fill a cannon with a quality shampoo and casually use the whole cannon on an Edge sized vehicle and if I get my hustle on I can use one full cannon to do a full size F150. What I’m saying is I’m using one full mixed bottle per vehicle. With my current shampoos I use 3.2 oz. of shampoo per bottle mixed cannon, this is actually heavy on the mix but it gives me tons of foam and works well for me. If I’m reading the ad correctly these products are $20 for the Washes and $25 for the Poly. Wondering how much it would work out per wash using the new system? I understand that one can sit and spray a panel until the a full cannon is empty and it’s really up to the user and their technique but just wondering on the average how many uses per container we might expect to get out of this system.

Given this thought I’m wondering if manually mixing these products and pulling the jet out of the cannon I could expect similar results to what I’m doing now? I probably would not do this but if it helps me on cost control I’d consider doing so.

What type of foam canon are you using? I can get an entire RX350 with about half of a PF22 w/1.1 mm orifice and a SunJoe.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is an MJJC. Bought it straight from China. For all intents it’s an MTM Cannon, the straight walled one. I cannot tell a difference looking at the two. I also use the 1.1 mm jet. It came with that and a 1.25 mm but I’ve never needed or wanted to try the larger one. Yeah, I think I can do that too but like I said, on a vehicle that size I’m casual (read leasure in the application). I’m just emptying the cannon. I make and use a full batch (clean the cannon) regardless of vehicle.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I did not currently have a foam cannon and a shelf full of soaps, I`d give the `system` a try, even with their 100% satisfaction guarantee. I`ll wait for a sale, and see what other reviews come in for it. If it works as advertised, as most Griots products do, it could be a game changer.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

If this system doesn`t compromise the products that are already on the vehicle (and would remain intact with other wash regimens) it oughta be great for a lot of people. And I bet not too many people are all that concerned about such stuff anyhow. Glad to see the "moving abrasives across the paint under pressure" topic being addressed.

I suspect our vehicles get far too dirty between washes for this to be truly effective, but I`m not washing as frequently as I`d expect of most Autopians either, and yeah I`m a bit fanatical about not compromising the existing products (which I suspect anything other than a regular shampoo mix might do).

Post Thanks / Like

It not only doesn’t hurt the current finish, it extends the protection they provide. Already have clients that want this system and we’ll have it in stock, ordering tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

If the siphon tube with the metering tips can be picked up, I`d definitely purchase it. I won`t be getting rid of my pf22 anytime soon. I`d really also like to see the claimed "10 minutes of dwell time".

How can one pick up the siphon tube with meters?

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to locate the new products on Griot’s site by simply searching Foam Cannon, it brought all of the new products up.

I may or may not invest in this product and I do like the Griot`s line, but I`m surprised at the poor introduction of such a new system. I would have thought Griot`s would have featured this prominently on their homepage, rather than having to dig in and do a "search.`" I know it`s early in the game, but why hide it?
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It comes up on the home page under the what’s new title.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to see a dedicated prewash product. I never thought using your bucket shampoo for a prewash as very effective. Though I`m struggling to understand the difference between surface prep and surface wash? Is surface wash also a prewash? If so, what`s the difference between the two? I would expect you`d apply a product like surface wash after you`ve rinsed off surface prep but before you wash with your mitt (using it as lubrication)

Post Thanks / Like

Surface prep is more alkaline and meant for starting from scratch. It will strip waxes and sealants as well as debris. Surface wash is ph neutral and won’t harm waxes sealants or coatings.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hope this works out for people, IMO this could be a real step forward compared to what usually gets done.
    Likes RaskyR1, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as Autopia starts stocking the prewash soap I will get some. If that works I may go for the whole system. I’ve got a nice Italian made foam lance that I paid $$$ for so it’s going to be hard for me to switch. I need to see some real life reviews. How about a giveaway? I never win, but we get good feedback from the recipients.
    Likes JustJesus, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    As soon as Autopia starts stocking the prewash soap I will get some. If that works I may go for the whole system. I’ve got a nice Italian made foam lance that I paid $$$ for so it’s going to be hard for me to switch. I need to see some real life reviews. How about a giveaway? I never win, but we get good feedback from the recipients.
    A give-away you say? Great idea. I`m with you on seeing/hearing some reviews before I pull the trigger. Just broke open my last gallon-size container of soap, so it won`t be too long before I need some. I`d also like to hear some more info on the `dual foaming` that these soaps do....Are they formulated to remain intact for a certain `time`, to encapsulate dirt. and then break up so as to carry it off the paint? Pretty revolutionary if so.....

Even better than a give-away...how about some volunteers to try it out? I`m in
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is this system what people were referring to as the "new foam gun" in that other Intro thread? I never did find that under the "New" tab..

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information