Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New products dropping this week

Eesh, I guess there`s a lot of interest in this, the GG website seems to be crashed...

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

THE BOSS™ Foam Cannon really blasts the suds… in mere seconds it can blanket your car in rich, cleansing foam. We didn`t slap a sticker on an existing cannon, we designed our cannon to provide superior performance, longevity, and innovation. Powered by an electric or gas-powered pressure washer, the cannon`s nozzle adjusts to produce a wide spray pattern up to 40° for efficient coverage or a narrow 0° stream for long-range dispensing on trucks and RVs. Built to last, our cannon is made with stainless steel components that resist corrosion common with standard brass manifold designs. Our exclusive Auto-Mix feature is a serious innovation. It saves tons of time because you don`t have to remove the reservoir and remix the product by hand... It`s a "no measuring, no mess, and no math" proposition, just screw in the bottle of concentrate and the Sure-Flow Metering Tip provides the proper 20:1 ratio. It sprays for days… One bottle washes up to 35 cars... Talk about bang-for-your-buck car care. Here`s the best way to maximize your weekend therapy fun.

• Precision machined Stainless-Steel manifold
    • Powered by an electric or gas-powered pressure washer
    • Screw on a 35 oz. bottle or fill the supplied 33.8oz. Jar and let our exclusive Auto-Mix metering system dilute the product for you
    • Sure-Flow Metering Tip provides the proper 20:1 ratio
    • Cannon`s nozzle adjusts to produce a wide spray pattern up to 40°
    • Patented vented cap eliminates product leakage
    • One bottle washes up to 35 cars

Useful Directions:
    Usage - A pressure washer featuring a minimum of 1.8 GPM flow and 1,100 psi or 1,980cu (Cleaning Units - gpm x psi) is required for the cannon to function as intended.
    Setup - Determine the adapter type your equipment requires. We offer the two most common adapters manufactured in fine stainless steel:
    • Stainless Steel Threaded Direct Adapter: Dual-threaded - M22-M Item # 81240B
    • Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect Coupler: ¼” Male Item #81240A
    Both adapters feature pre-installed red pipe thread sealant. Simply thread into cannon and securely tighten using a 14mm or 9/16” Box Wrench.

Detergent Dispensing Method – THE BOSS Foam Cannon features two detergent dispensing methods:
    1. Auto-Mix Method
    Remove jar from cannon, pour concentrate into jar or screw on Griot`s Garage 35oz. bottle to internal cap threads. Select the appropriate metering tip from the chart below and insert firmly into the pick-up ball at the bottom of the poly-tube. Note: Tip will be dependent on the type of pressure washer you have. (See AUTO`MIX tip recommendation chart below)
    2. Manual-Mix Method
    Dispensing of pre-mixed, ready to use (RTU) solution (Water: Detergent). This is the typical method, requiring the user to pre-mix a concentrate prior to use. Traditional products require 2-3 ounces of concentrate, while BOSS Foaming System products are
    to be diluted 20:1 using 1.6oz of concentrate to water (32oz). See reference chart of common applications of Griot`s Garage products below.

New products dropping this week-boss-foam-cannon-mix-chart.png
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New products dropping this week-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl4b-copy.jpg  
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Can the orifice in the cannon be swapped out to utilize the smaller (1.1mm) one I use? I`m gonna ask another stupid question...since I already have a shelf full of soaps, can I still use those in the cannon? the video shows the cannon being attached to the fallout remover....so it will foam that too? Will it`s effectiveness be diminished at all in a foam vs the normal application?
    I recognize that other cannon mfg. are offering different orifice size. Our Cannon is designed around the BOSS Foaming liquids. The BOSS Foam Cannon is capable of dispensing other mfg. foaming products and car wash soaps. Most need to be premixed in the supplied wide-mouth jar at a ration of 2-3 oz. of concentrate to warm water (aids in dilution).

Due to our unique dual-thread cap, users can employ the supplied wide mouth jar (We sell these separately which are great to have pre-mixed solutions ready to go.

Jar & Cap, 33.8 Ounce Item# 90551
    New products dropping this week-90551-air-gun-jar-cap.jpg

New products dropping this week-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl6.png
    Iron and Fallout Remover can be applied via THE BOSS Foam Cannon, with Auto-Mix metering tip removed. It is an efficient way to decontaminate the vehicle`s surface by saving time and with low-chemical consumption. It is best to apply Iron and Fallout Remover direct to the back portion of the vehicle, along with belt-line down (Most severely contaminated areas), then foam the remainder of the vehicle via the cannon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New products dropping this week-90551-air-gun-jar-cap.jpg   New products dropping this week-bf300-boss-foam-cannon_dtl6.png  
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    THE BOSS™ Foam Cannon really blasts the suds… in mere seconds it can blanket your car in rich, cleansing foam. We didn`t slap a sticker on an existing cannon, we designed our cannon to provide superior performance, longevity, and innovation. Powered by an electric or gas-powered pressure washer, the cannon`s nozzle adjusts to produce a wide spray pattern up to 40° for efficient coverage or a narrow 0° stream for long-range dispensing on trucks and RVs. Built to last, our cannon is made with stainless steel components that resist corrosion common with standard brass manifold designs. Our exclusive Auto-Mix feature is a serious innovation. It saves tons of time because you don`t have to remove the reservoir and remix the product by hand... It`s a "no measuring, no mess, and no math" proposition, just screw in the bottle of concentrate and the Sure-Flow Metering Tip provides the proper 20:1 ratio. It sprays for days… One bottle washes up to 35 cars... Talk about bang-for-your-buck car care. Here`s the best way to maximize your weekend therapy fun.

• Precision machined Stainless-Steel manifold
    • Powered by an electric or gas-powered pressure washer
    • Screw on a 35 oz. bottle or fill the supplied 33.8oz. Jar and let our exclusive Auto-Mix metering system dilute the product for you
    • Sure-Flow Metering Tip provides the proper 20:1 ratio
    • Cannon`s nozzle adjusts to produce a wide spray pattern up to 40°
    • Patented vented cap eliminates product leakage
    • One bottle washes up to 35 cars

Useful Directions:
    Usage - A pressure washer featuring a minimum of 1.8 GPM flow and 1,100 psi or 1,980cu (Cleaning Units - gpm x psi) is required for the cannon to function as intended.
    Setup - Determine the adapter type your equipment requires. We offer the two most common adapters manufactured in fine stainless steel:
    • Stainless Steel Threaded Direct Adapter: Dual-threaded - M22-M Item # 81240B
    • Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect Coupler: ¼” Male Item #81240A
    Both adapters feature pre-installed red pipe thread sealant. Simply thread into cannon and securely tighten using a 14mm or 9/16” Box Wrench.

Detergent Dispensing Method – THE BOSS Foam Cannon features two detergent dispensing methods:
    1. Auto-Mix Method
    Remove jar from cannon, pour concentrate into jar or screw on Griot`s Garage 35oz. bottle to internal cap threads. Select the appropriate metering tip from the chart below and insert firmly into the pick-up ball at the bottom of the poly-tube. Note: Tip will be dependent on the type of pressure washer you have. (See AUTO`MIX tip recommendation chart below)
    2. Manual-Mix Method
    Dispensing of pre-mixed, ready to use (RTU) solution (Water: Detergent). This is the typical method, requiring the user to pre-mix a concentrate prior to use. Traditional products require 2-3 ounces of concentrate, while BOSS Foaming System products are
    to be diluted 20:1 using 1.6oz of concentrate to water (32oz). See reference chart of common applications of Griot`s Garage products below.

New products dropping this week-boss-foam-cannon-mix-chart.png
    So.....you leave the tip off of the tube when you`re using the regular reservoir, but attach it when drawing directly from the bottle? I asked in an earlier post....can you swap the orifice out for the smaller one (1.1mm)?

Post Thanks / Like

You weren’t kidding that you folks have been busy!

From the what’s new page:
    -Foaming Surface Prep, Surface Wash, and Foaming Poly gloss
    -BOSS foam gun
    -New XL edgeless PFM drying towel (29x36, 1120 gsm)
    -Dual weave interior cloths
    -Quick connect style arbor to use your drill/bit driver as a polisher with 2 or 3” pads. (Adapter = $9.99, supply your own BOSS 2 or 3” backing plate

Plus the other new edgeless towels, pump up sprayers, etc released not too long ago
    Likes Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

New products dropping this week-thumb8lc5tyap.jpg

29" x 36"

I do want!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    You weren’t kidding that you folks have been busy!

From the what’s new page:
    -BOSS foam gun
    Huh, I`m not finding that...but then my Search-Fu is weak

What`s the story there?

Post Thanks / Like

So are the pre-wash and the wash supposed to be "touchless" products? Or they are just supposed to provide better (than what is available now) particle removal (from the dual-sudsing action) before you "touch"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So are the pre-wash and the wash supposed to be "touchless" products? Or they are just supposed to provide better (than what is available now) particle removal (from the dual-sudsing action) before you "touch"?
    It seems that way, although I can`t see why you could not use them in a 2-bucket wash

Post Thanks / Like

So, I get that I`d have to pre-mix other brands of soaps in the wide-mouth bottle, but I`m guessing that this new cannon does not have a changeable orifice? I swapped mine out because I use a lower PSI (SunJoe) electric pressure washer. I guess I`ll have to wait and see what reviews come in and what videos are published to see if it makes sense for me to get one.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff.

What does the Surface Prep foam do? I imagine rinsing with the pressure washer will remove an equivalent amount of contaminants before actually washing with a mitt and the Surface Wash foam.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by showbbq View Post
    What does the Surface Prep foam do? I imagine rinsing with the pressure washer will remove an equivalent amount of contaminants before actually washing with a mitt and the Surface Wash foam.
    From the description it`s a chemical decontamination step - breaks down grease/grim/bug guts before moving to the next step. Says it will also remove waxes and sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    It seems that way, although I can`t see why you could not use them in a 2-bucket wash
    There`s plenty of wash you can do a two-bucket with, I thought everybody wanted a "snow foam" that you could just spray and rinse to do a "touchless" wash...I thought this might be it.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my attention. The recommendation for pressure washer is min of 1980 cleaning units. Doing the math on my little Ryobi it is 1920 cleaning units. What is the impact to the dilution ratio using a smaller PW? BTW - PW selling on Griots looks nice. Will look at closely if the time comes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, I`m not finding that...but then my Search-Fu is weak

What`s the story there?
    Did you look on the Griot`s website under the New Arrivals?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information