Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Everyday Driver Podcast - Nick Griot

I used to lump Griots in with Adams - brands whose niche was getting people to step away from store brands and spend a bit more money for dedicated "car culture" products. The desire to have every conceivable product in the lineup resulted in some mediocrity. Griots, at one time, had no polishes, LSPs, or QDs that got me fired up.
    Then the BOSS and PFM products came along and changed all that for me and I think a lot of us.
    New products coming? Very exciting!
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Stokdgs, Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    ...they haven`t offered one yet was because coatings put vehicles owners into a maintenance cycle where they touch their car far less...
    Heh heh...certain kinda-cynical thoughts come to mind Like...Heaven forbid somebody not have to reorder product...oops, uhm I mean "rewax or maybe CORRECT their car"...on a regular basis.

He specifically stated their target customers are those who love to be constantly touching their vehicles...
    Eh, then I`m not in their target demographic and would wonder about myself if I were. But gee, I`ve still spent thousands there ever since the days when Richard answered the phone himself, and have recommended them constantly since then...and thus kinda wish they didn`t dismiss customers like me, who have other priorities, that way

Eh, maybe I`m in a prickly mood, but that bugs me. I was debating watching that podcast (and I *never* watch internet stuff like that), but I think I`ll better maintain a positive view of them if I just don`t. I thought that kind of talk was just ad-copy hyperbole that nobody was serious about.

His other reason for not doing a coating was the difficulty in making them and since they are dedicated to producing their own products in-house at the Indy production facility, it would be a huge investment to produce a coating.
    Ah, now there`s a perfectly reasonable explanation that shouldn`t rub anybody the wrong way. Wish he`d just said that.

EDIT: Oh [shoot] now I`ve gone all negative towards a company and people that I esteem and have [crapped] all over FIDAG14`s perfectly fine thread about something many would enjoy viewing Note To Self (again)....

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bud,

This is Jeff, the Product Developer at Griot`s Garage. I wanted to chime in and express my appreciation for the support and loyalty to Griot`s Garage. That is something none of us at Griot`s take for granted. We all get up every morning and "Strive for Perfection" and deliver products we love using ourselves.

As for Nick`s Podcast, I just had the opportunity to listen to it and it reminded me why I love devoting my life to this company. Please remember that doing a Podcast is not always easy, as you need to have an immediate responses that may not always come out as you intended. Personally, I`m not a fan of doing them. We at Griot`s Garage do tend to enjoy "Having fun in our Garage", which motivates us to constantly be caressing our babies. Just because that is our passion, does not in any way mean we scoff at people whom have a different care regimen or strategy. We recognize the benefit of ceramic coatings and will continue to explore that technology. If and when we launch a system, it`ll be our own and something that stands above the rest. I`ve got one of my personal vehicles coated and can attest to the benefits and drawbacks. Regarding the concern for a reduction in sales.... that is not our priority. Our priority is to continue to develop solutions which help car lovers achieve their goals. Its not about sales. There are plenty of products to develop for maintenance of ceramic coatings... Again, your support and loyalty over the years is highly appreciated. Thank you -Jeff
    Likes BadgerRivFan, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jeff!
    Likes Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Brownie- Appreciate that post.
    Thanks Brownie thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information