Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

NEW- Griot`s Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax

Griot`s Garage is all about taking the best that exists and making it better. If doesn`t exist, create it. Accept nothing near right or good enough. We live in our garages, love what we do and want the very best for our customers. Our pride is on the line. If it`s not the best you can buy, it`s not going out the door. This formula took over a year to create and we`re proud of what we put in the bottle. We love it and hope you do too. -Jeff B

Rinseless Wash & Wax

Griot’s Garage® RinselessWash & Wax is a versatile, ultra-concentrated formula that allows for quickwashing and protection of vehicle surfaces without rinsing. We use a uniqueblend of hydrophobic polymers and carnauba wax which effectively lubricates thesurface, guarding paint against scratching while removing dirt and grime pickedup during normal driving. At the same time, gloss and protection aresignificantly enhanced. Rinseless Wash & Wax is ideal for mobile detailersand DIYer’s in regions where hose-and-bucket washing is restricted. It safelycleans all exterior surfaces, including paint, glass, wheels, door jambs, clearplastic, chrome, trim, rubber, cloth tops and more
    !

• Safely cleans all exterior surfaces, including paint, glass, wheels, door jambs, glass, clear plastic, chrome, trim, rubber, and more
    • Hydrophobic polymers & carnauba enhance gloss & protection

Multiple uses including:
    Rinseless Wash & Wax 320:1 (1oz/2.5 gallons)
    Rinse aid, gloss & protection enhancer 15:1
    Clay lubricant 15:1
    Waterless Car Wash 15:1

Griot`s Garage Rinseless Wash and Wax 15:1 Dilution Bottle (Sold as bottle only) Item #10467

Useful Directions:
    Shake well & work on a cool surface.For large or severely contaminated vehicles, add 2 oz. to 5 gal. (320:1) of water in a Griot’s Garage® UltimateWash Bucket. Soak a plush microfiber towel or wash pad in solution. Work fromthe top down and one panel at a time. Gently glide the Microfiber Wash Pad (Item# 10289) over the surface, rotating often to a clean area. Frequently rinse plush microfiber/pad & agitate on bottom grill to release contaminants. Dry immediately using a PFMTerry Weave Towel and repeat on the next panel.If using after a standard hose and bucket wash, to enhance gloss &protection and accelerate drying, spray on vehicle @ 15:1 prior to rinse. Water will retract from the surface immediately. Following a rinse, there will be very little water remaining, thereby greatly accelerating drying time...particularly if a PFM Terry Weave Drying Towel is used

Tip of the trade:
    For heavier contamination, pre-soak surface with Rinseless Wash & Wax at a 15:1 dilution or Spray-On Car Wash prior to Rinseless Wash & Wax use. For severely dirty surface, pressure wash prior to use or use traditional hose & bucket method using your preferred Griot’s Garage car wash.

https://youtu.be/L9P3ppY_FQo

This formula was tested against most Rinseless Washes that you may have in your garage/shop now. It didn`t go into the bottle until it outperformed all of them. Give it a shot, you won`t be disappointed.

Have fun in your garage!

Likes GearHead_1, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW- Griot`s Garage Rinseless Wash & Wax

Yeah, I`ve tried most of em`. I`ll give it a shot. That said, I`d never wash a car as dirty as the one in the video using only a rinseless wash.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes dontlikemyname liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again Jeff for another excellent product! Just got some from Rod yesterday, can`t wait to give it a try!

Post Thanks / Like

My new go to rinseless and waterless wash!

https://youtu.be/pLDfF5_mAe0
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a good product. Interesting that with many people going to coatings for their LSP, that Griots would come out with a rinseless product w/carnauba. I guess it may be because Griots does not have a coating product of their own. I would love to see a comparison of the new Griots Rinseless to the Gloss Shop`s Trifecta. Although Trifecta has all synthetic ingredients (no carnauba) it does leave "wax" protection behind as does the Griots. Anybody who has tried both please comment...
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Looks like a good product. Interesting that with many people going to coatings for their LSP, that Griots would come out with a rinseless product w/carnauba. I guess it may be because Griots does not have a coating product of their own. I would love to see a comparison of the new Griots Rinseless to the Gloss Shop`s Trifecta. Although Trifecta has all synthetic ingredients (no carnauba) it does leave "wax" protection behind as does the Griots. Anybody who has tried both please comment...
    I`ve used the Griot`s Rinseless over my wife`s car, which is currently wearing Opti-Coat Pro Plus, and after doing a traditional wash the paint still acts like OCP+ did prior to using the rinseless. So while it seems odd to use on a coated car, it doesn`t seem to effect it negatively in any way, at least in my example.
    Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

How does the new Rinseless perform compared to their Spray On Car Wash when used at the 15:1 dilution?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using ONR for years and tried this for the first time today. I used it a a wash as well as a clay mitt lubricant. It did a great job on both and it is very slick. I really liked it.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll lead with the disclaimer that I’m a long time Griot’s fan as everything I’ve tried from the has always just worked for me (though the Complete Compound and BOSS correcting/perfecting creams were a revelation after growing up on the machine polishes).

But: their new Rinseless is my go-to rinseless now. I’ve used Wolfgang Uber, ONR, ONR-WW, N-914 (Dang forums... ), but I’ve just had the best experience with the Griot’s. Good cleaning, slick feeling, and I like the behavior of the protection it leaves. I’ve been using it for window cleaning too after the first heavy rain I drove in where you could see the windows just shed water like crazy once you were moving. Great stuff.
    Likes felixthecat, JustJesus, Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using this on my cars that have Modesta with no ill effects, this is all we use for clay lube and on the collector cars we don’t hose wash.
    Likes Oneheadlite, Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I’ve been using this on my cars that have Modesta with no ill effects, this is all we use for clay lube and on the collector cars we don’t hose wash.
    My car is also coated - Nanolex, and I have been using Optimum WW with excellent success in between a full standard wash followed by a detail spray. But since this product has wax in it, does that in any way affect using a detail spray over it?

Post Thanks / Like

No, the wax is so minimal it will cause no problems, use this and you’ll give up the optimum!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    No, the wax is so minimal it will cause no problems, use this and you’ll give up the optimum!
    Why? The Optimum is a ww wash and the Griot`s is a detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Why? The Optimum is a ww wash and the Griot`s is a detailer.
    My understanding is they’re both rinseless washes that can be diluted at different ratios for different purposes.

From my notes for dilution ratios for ONR (I’ve seen same recommendations for the WW version):
    All ratios are product:water
    Rinseless: 1oz/2gal , Clay lube: 2oz/1gal , Quick detailer: 8oz/1gal , Glass cleaner: 6oz/1gal.

For the Griots- Rinseless wash: 1oz/2.5gal , Clay lube/presoak/etc: 1:15oz

While for economy’s sake from those numbers, the ONR/ONR WW should be a no brainer, in practice I find myself reaching for the Griot’s each time. My biggest factor I like about it vs the ONR WW is how it flashes off better, so it’s easier to get a streak free finish on paint or glass. Like I mentioned above, It’s my go-to window cleaner for its water behavior on glass.

I haven’t played with the Griot’s at any other dilution than the two listed to see how it performs, but I guess I haven’t with the ONR WW either. ONR WW at quick detailer strength has been a go-to for Interior wood trim/switch gear wipe downs.

Hopefully this is of some help.
    Likes Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    My understanding is they’re both rinseless washes that can be diluted at different ratios for different purposes.

From my notes for dilution ratios for ONR (I’ve seen same recommendations for the WW version):
    All ratios are product:water
    Rinseless: 1oz/2gal , Clay lube: 2oz/1gal , Quick detailer: 8oz/1gal , Glass cleaner: 6oz/1gal.

For the Griots- Rinseless wash: 1oz/2.5gal , Clay lube/presoak/etc: 1:15oz

While for economy’s sake from those numbers, the ONR/ONR WW should be a no brainer, in practice I find myself reaching for the Griot’s each time. My biggest factor I like about it vs the ONR WW is how it flashes off better, so it’s easier to get a streak free finish on paint or glass. Like I mentioned above, It’s my go-to window cleaner for its water behavior on glass.

I haven’t played with the Griot’s at any other dilution than the two listed to see how it performs, but I guess I haven’t with the ONR WW either. ONR WW at quick detailer strength has been a go-to for Interior wood trim/switch gear wipe downs.

Hopefully this is of some help.
    Duh and a thanks to you and Mike. I was confusing this with (and mistakenly referring to) Griot`s BoSD instead of Griot`s rinseless wash. Too many things on my mind!
    Have you ever used it as a ww wash?
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information