Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Sling on Boss Fast Correcting White Pad

As the title states. I just used my G21 for the first time last night with a white boss pad. I noticed that I was getting a long of product sling all over. This isn`t something I`ve dealt with before. Is it from lack of priming these pads? I will note that I started out with 5 pea sides drops on the pad then went down to 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Sling on Boss Fast Correcting White Pad

The problem I have with the white fast correcting pad is just what you stated. The reason they tend to sling product is due to there firm foam. Priming definitely helps.

This is the main reason I switched to the BOSS microfiber cutting pads. No sling, better cut and finish. I never use the fast white correcting pad.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Justin. I will prime and see how much that helps (I have 6 brand new white pads). Once these are used up I`ll be switching to the MF I only have 2 of those currently. Will give them a test tonight and see how I like them.

Post Thanks / Like

So how does one properly prime that Fast Correction Pad *with the GG products*?

I gather it`s the "less is better" approach rather than the KBM, but I`m just guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Accumulator - if you go to the 8min mark Jeff Brown shows how to prime the white pad using FCC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLcpe4xP4Uo

Post Thanks / Like

RaydiantDetail- At the risk of sounding like a complete [jerk], I`m gonna hold out for somebody to tell me the succinct Cliff`s Notes version. (If only because the PC I`m on currently is utterly awful for viewing videos for some reason.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    RaydiantDetail- At the risk of sounding like a complete [jerk], I`m gonna hold out for somebody to tell me the succinct Cliff`s Notes version. (If only because the PC I`m on currently is utterly awful for viewing videos for some reason.)
    Accumulator - lol, he basically butters the entire pad face with a healthy dose of product. He spreads the product on low speed then ups it to speed 5 and uses slow arm speed. Also, he only primes the pad he does not place any additional drops of product on the pad for the first buffing cycle.

He also mentions as well that when the pad is brand new it does tend to splatter.

I should add this is the technique I have followed using FCC and the white pad Ive also used 5-6 pea sized dots but I usually do get some amount of sling with either approach.

Never have the problem with Perfecting cream/ perfecting pad. I think it really is due to the pad stiffness. Similarly with the blue coarse Rupes pad.

Post Thanks / Like

RadiantDetail- Ah, OK, thanks, appreciate that. Never know when I might try some of the new GG stuff.

Wonder if the New Pad = splatter implies any significant diff in *cut* with regard to new/not pads of that type.

Oh, and thanks also for mentioning the Rupes Blue as I got a Mini for Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that if you use to much product you can get sling. I butter the entire pad face until the polish is worked into the foam make sure no extra is close to the edge. I then use 4 pea size drops on the pad. I pat the pad face ar pound the entire area prior to turning on the machine. I spread the product at speed 2 then bump up to speed 5 and have very few issues with any sling at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwhite0960- That makes sense. IMO people tend to use too much product period, whether doing correction or LSPing.

Post Thanks / Like

Dwhite0960- That makes sense. IMO people tend to use too much product period, whether doing correction or LSPing.

I agree with you on that. With the boss creams once the pad is primed the saying less is more is true in my experience. I have even used a spray of distilled water on the face of the pad and worked a entire pass again with great results. The abrasives don`t break down and the water reactivates the polish, the water in the polish to begin with decreases so add a hair back in and presto your in business. I use 3 pea size drops per panel usually after the first panel due to the pad beinging sufficiently primed

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the help. I will give it a go again tonight.
    Likes NLove liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

RadiantDetail- Wonder if the New Pad = splatter implies any significant diff in *cut* with regard to new/not pads of that type.

Oh, and thanks also for mentioning the Rupes Blue as I got a Mini for Christmas

With the Rupes Blue pad, and even their Grey UHS pad, I got some sling using ONLY a few drops of product. The sling came from raising the speed from 1-2, up to 4-5. So maybe the pad stiffness really does have something to do with it.

To counter this, I worked the initial passes longer than I normally have in the past. So, several passes of working the product around, THEN, slowly increasing the speed on the polisher.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Thanks for that heads-up as I tend to run my polishers at pretty high speeds.

Post Thanks / Like

Pad stiffness is a huge part of the sling problem, and it`s an issue with any of the stiff pads I`ve tried from various manufacturers. Once the pads warm up and have been used on a section or two sling should stop. The white BOSS pads cut very well and finish great too, but I tend to reach for MF when it comes to cutting. They will offer more cut and no worries of sling, though they won`t finish quite as well as the foam.
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information