Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: boss g21 bearing noise?

My Rupes 15 sounds just like that

Post Thanks / Like

Really like hearing all of this, since I`m planning on purchasing a Boss15 after a new rotary.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats called great customer service.^^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Really like hearing all of this, since I`m planning on purchasing a Boss15 after a new rotary.
    Ditto^^^^^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

I`d be more interested in how Griot`s Garage can determine if this is an isolated case OR if they have a bad batch of bearings or a short-term production assembly problem that they track down for affected machine and associated serial numbers and contact the owners of these machines. Granted, this is not the magnitude of a car manufacturer`s recall, BUT it is a safety-related issue, and I hope they will take the initiative to cover their liability for the customers who, in good faith, purchased these machines. From the above comment by the person reporting this problem and Griot`s response, it appears they are attempting to do so.

I also hope that Griot`s will keep the members of this forum informed of the outcome of their findings OR if other Autopians have a similar experience, that they will inform us of what transpired.
    GB detailer
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know if this is an isolated problem, a production issue or just a bad batch of bearings. I am really interested in purchasing a long throw polisher for the summer months. I like my 3401, but it is hard on the body and it gets more warm than I like. I also have a PC and G110V2.

At any rate I am hoping Griots can let us know what is causing this problem, let us know when they have it fixed and what they did to fix it (if its a production issue or something of that nature). I would really like to pull the trigger soon so hopefully they can help with some answers.

Post Thanks / Like

my new polisher did not have any bearing noises after 2 vehicles done last weekend.

to be honest, with customer service like that. i would not worry about any bad batches or production issues. knowing that they will warranty it with quick service.

i even continued to use the polisher with bearing noise after a few members here warned me not to. the noise did not get louder and polisher was fine until the new one came in.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a BOSS 15 ordered, should be here on Thursday. I`ll be interested to hear it.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    my new polisher did not have any bearing noises after 2 vehicles done last weekend.

to be honest, with customer service like that. i would not worry about any bad batches or production issues. knowing that they will warranty it with quick service.

i even continued to use the polisher with bearing noise after a few members here warned me not to. the noise did not get louder and polisher was fine until the new one came in.

Did you have to pay to ship it back to them or did they cover shipping both ways?

Post Thanks / Like

Received my Boss 15 yesterday. Did try it out. Everything appeared to be fine. Was concerned about the info found on this thread, but did not stop me from making the purchase. I also own their 6inch DA. Seems as if they handled your concerns without delay. Knock on wood, I am unable to comment on their CS because I have not had a reason to contact them. Hopefully your issue was an isolated incident. Only time will tell.

Post Thanks / Like

My G21 started its trip back to Griot`s yesterday. The process has been pleasant and rather easy so far. Other than being without the G21 for a little while, not much could be improved. Griot`s paid shipping.

On a side note, my BOSS G10 arrived yesterday from ACC. Talk about an awesome feeling tool! Just oozes quality. Only spun a pad so far but WOW! So smooth and powerful (torque) feeling. Can`t wait to use it this weekend.
    Likes Griot's Garage, Jaddie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    Did you have to pay to ship it back to them or did they cover shipping both ways?
    shipping was covered.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the trigger on the G21 Deluxe kit and 5" backing plate this weekend. I thought about initially only purchasing the G21 and pads because I have a lot of compounds and polishes already. After reading the reviews about the BOSS system as a whole I wanted to give everything a shot.
    Likes felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived in IN on 3/3. Brad said it would be 3-5 days to look at it. Hopefully will be on its way back later this week and in my hands next.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I received the G21 last Friday, the machine seems solid but I noticed shiny flakes on the black grips. After I removed the backing plate and closer inspection there appears to be filings\shavings. I have contacted Ray, I am sure he can help.

Also it looks like the bearings are scored\grooved, does this look normal? You can see i picked up the filings with a magnet. I turned the machine on once on speed 1 before noticing the shavings.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails boss g21 bearing noise?-img_3040.jpg   boss g21 bearing noise?-img_3039.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information