Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: kinda feel let down....

What part of the machine would fail in 5 years that wouldnt be considered from use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    What part of the machine would fail in 5 years that wouldnt be considered from use?
    I would suspect, wear and tear items like brushes or maybe even frayed cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBM View Post
    I mean no offense with this response, this isn`t directed specifically to JBM`s post but this post reflects many`s understanding in this thread. It`s a question worth asking.

I`m sure it`s just me but I really can`t see where people equate a manufacturer`s defect and brushes that wear out to be in the same category. Anything mechanical will eventually wear out. Their warranty states a lifetime warranty against defects with this product. I see that warranty covering a trigger hinge that breaks, a motor that overheats and melts the case, solider joints that repeatedly fail, etc. That`s different than simple wear and tear.

The biggest mistake that I can see Griot`s has made in this whole deal is being the "good guy" and going overboard in replacing products that were simply worn. I can`t imagine the cost dynamics of a new machine vs. simply replacing brushes. I have no dog in this fight but I can`t see why this is misunderstood. I also happen to believe Griots has errored in not readily making brushes available (for a price) and the instructions to put them in. They know that it is the high wear item. I think they could have saved themselves headaches here but what do I know?

People have mentioned that they would like to see it advertised as a limited lifetime warranty and that`s OK. The other end of the spectrum is that it doesn`t say it has an unconditional lifetime warranty. Electrical products will wear out. Firestone nearly put themselves out of business decades back by selling the Forever Battery, batteries don`t last forever. I believe that with this understanding one needs to decide whether or not a product is worth it`s price knowing that it won`t last forever.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno if this helps anyone, but a lot of mom and pop hardware stores still sell brushes, if you need to get them quickly. The one near me has a whole drawer full of different brushes in little compartments for various motors. I don`t know if they have ones that for a polisher - but I`m guessing they do.

So, if it was me, I`d be all about replacing the brushes myself - and save my warranty repairs for when something on the machine really broke. This may or may not void the warranty (technically), but I`m pretty sure most people could do it on the down low.

****please support trans-species humans.
    Likes Griot's Garage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I dunno if this helps anyone, but a lot of mom and pop hardware stores still sell brushes, if you need to get them quickly. The one near me has a whole drawer full of different brushes in little compartments for various motors. I don`t know if they have ones that for a polisher - but I`m guessing they do.

So, if it was me, I`d be all about replacing the brushes myself - and save my warranty repairs for when something on the machine really broke. This may or may not void the warranty (technically), but I`m pretty sure most people could do it on the down low.

****please support trans-species humans.
    We have an electric motor repair store not to far from me. I`d definitely have given them a shot.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Griot`s

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Griot`s could make them available through Granger, Amazon, Ebay, etc

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Customer service comes through from Griots, thanks!

I do agree. Brushes should be a replacement part, and not void the warranty. Its 5 min to do, and takes 4 screws, two clips, and two plugs ends....not rocket science.

on a side note, I am gravitating towards the fast correcting cream and the perfecting polish....very solid two step combo!

Post Thanks / Like

You should send one of us the machines to send in for repairs.
    Likes ascarbo27 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is rather sad. I can see people expecting Griots to be a ministry. I see so many times, people expecting a ministry out of a business.
    I have to hand it to Griots to stand up and say the warranty is for defects. Not wear. Nobody warranties wear or abuse.
    It shouldn`t be hard to find brushes for this. You`d be surprised at how many thing are built with `off the shelf` items.
    With that said. I`m a new owner of a Griots 6 inch DA Polisher. I am impressed with it. Never used a DA Polisher before. I could have been swayed to another more expensive polisher. But one guy on the internet who does mobile detailing in So. Cal. said to just get this one. You`ll be happy. I`m happy I followed his advise. I love the large size to grip it. All that vibration in it makes the large grip needed. The handle is somewhat insulated from the vibration and works out well. I couldn`t be happier with a DA Polisher. I`m glad I didn`t waste money on a more expensive polisher.
    I wish Griots the best.
    Likes Griot's Garage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

if you can remove the worn brushes yoy may be able find replacements here: Brushes Main Page

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information