Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOSS – Best Of Show System Creams: Sub-Micro Abrasives

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    Thanks, Jeff!! Yes, logically you may not get as good or quick correction with an 8mm vs. a long throw. When you say break apart, does that happen very quickly? Once they break apart, will they break down even further? I`m getting technical here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Each formula represents a unique blend of specified Sub-Micron Abrasives. I don`t want to pull the "proprietary card" out on you, but there is a little of that which limits what I can share. One could almost think of it as a two-speed Power Glide Transmission. The Correcting Creams feature agglomerates which deliver sustained cutting power.... there are multiple variables which will drive how long the initial cut sustains itself... Pad Selection, Tool Type, Paint Finish, etc. The initial cut will occur during the first 3-4 full passes (one pass=back and forth) on a complete 2`x2` working area, semi-diminishing to its spec`d sub-micron size. Remember, the Agglomerate are simply multiple sub-micron abrasives bonded together.

It is always important to spread a full film of product across your working zone, prior to beginning full speed correction. There is a point where the abrasive will not break down further. This is where the Sub-Micron comes in. As I`ve mentioned before, the particle is so small, that the microscopic defect it may leave can not be seen by the naked eye under any lighting circumstance. Hope that offers some resolution to your question. Thanks Mark!
    Likes RaskyR1, mshu7, Mp0wer, Detail Impressions liked this post
    Thanks Detail Impressions thanked for this post

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BOSS – Best Of Show System Creams: Sub-Micro Abrasives

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Each formula represents a unique blend of specified Sub-Micron Abrasives. I don`t want to pull the "proprietary card" out on you, but there is a little of that which limits what I can share. One could almost think of it as a two-speed Power Glide Transmission. The Correcting Creams feature agglomerates which deliver sustained cutting power.... there are multiple variables which will drive how long the initial cut sustains itself... Pad Selection, Tool Type, Paint Finish, etc. The initial cut will occur during the first 3-4 full passes (one pass=back and forth) on a complete 2`x2` working area, semi-diminishing to its spec`d sub-micron size. Remember, the Agglomerate are simply multiple sub-micron abrasives bonded together.

It is always important to spread a full film of product across your working zone, prior to beginning full speed correction. There is a point where the abrasive will not break down further. This is where the Sub-Micron comes in. As I`ve mentioned before, the particle is so small, that the microscopic defect it may leave can not be seen by the naked eye under any lighting circumstance. Hope that offers some resolution to your question. Thanks Mark!
    Jeff, you`re AWESOME! Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes mshu7 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot Garage Best Of Show System Creams: Sub-Micro Abrasives

I was looking at the autopia polish chart and the finishing cream is listed as cut 4 (medium polish category).

How does it finish on soft paint?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot Garage Best Of Show System Creams: Sub-Micro Abrasives

Somehow I missed this thread the first time around. Some good reading in here, glad it got bumped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information