Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    The price kinda surprises me. Why would I buy a Chinese made knock off when you can have the original Italian made machine for a few dollar more?
    As much as I want to buy into this, I don`t. Don`t forget your buying the Griot`s warranty as well as a perfected Rupes and not all Chinese manufactures build less quality stuff then their counterparts.

I can certainly vouch for this being a lighting fanatic. I`ve ran through tons of HID and LED kits, ALMOST ALL being made in china. Believe it or not there are chinese companies (At manufacturing/distribution levels) where you select the quality you want. I`ve used 20$ Pnp an 120$ Pnp, they are not the same. I`m sure Griot`s garage picked a top quality builder, just because it`s made in china doesn`t mean it`s crap. Regardless, Griot`s is an American company and I don`t have a problem supporting them. They`re are plenty of Griot`s products are made here in the good ol USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    I was a tester, the machines are nice and so are the liquids/pads. When guy`s get the stuff in their hands then express those opinions as they will be "Informed opinions".
    How is the smoothness & ergonomics compared to the rupes? Also how noticeable is the difference in smoothness from the 21 to the 15 variant?

Post Thanks / Like

Setec: absolutely, absolutely, absolutely. perfect post. lower the price or we continue to buy the product that is virtually identical, with the same price tag, but has the history to prove its worth.

Post Thanks / Like

stop speculating until you know what you are talking about.
    I`ll ask since you were an early reviewer and seem to understand the Rupes lineup..

One of the major bullet points of the Rupes are it`s noise level and smoothness. How does the Griots compare?

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a plan............. stop speculating until you know what you are talking about.
    Here is a plan for you .......................... mind your on business

Post Thanks / Like

Back on topic a bit here... Is there any plans for a new 3" polisher to compete with the Rupes 75e? Seeing as we now have the big ones, I would think a new mini polisher would make sense

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    How is the smoothness & ergonomics compared to the rupes? Also how noticeable is the difference in smoothness from the 21 to the 15 variant?
    Smoothness is right on par with the Rupes, I couldn`t detect any difference. Unlike a lot of the other tools using cast aluminum counter weights, the BOSS counter weights are CNC machine steel and balanced. Ergonomics and comfort is night and day in my opinion and is where I see the biggest difference. The tools do have more power but I always thought the Rupes was more than powerful and thinking it`s double the power simply because its 900w is way off base, but it be better on contours. Bob`s opinion on the power is slightly different of mine, but that`s his opinion and is one I hold in high regard. I`ve also always believe there are always some slight variation in power between units. I`m sure we`ve all heard stories of the random G100 monsters. I will say the difference in power between my Rupes 21 and the G21 test mule I have is not as obvious as my Rupes 15 and the G15. Not sure why but my Rupes 15 just seems to stall easier, which was observed in side by side testing on my flat test pans, both tools on at the same time and at the same speed with various pads.

Thanks Migue, 4u2nvinmtl, The Driver thanked for this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    I`ll ask since you were an early reviewer and seem to understand the Rupes lineup..

One of the major bullet points of the Rupes are it`s noise level and smoothness. How does the Griots compare?
    Alright............................ now this is what works on a forum if honest information is disclosed. Both the 15 & 21 Boss machines have a different pitch to the motors collectively from the Rupes and even unto themselves ie: 15 & 21 Boss models.

The noise is more muted in the GG machines, it is slight but one can tell the difference and I will not say it is a better machine overall from the Rupes but I will say it is comparable with a few ergonomic advantages presently(As mentioned the next gen Rupes machines will have improvements rest assured) with the trigger being one with the ability to "feather" from a very low speed to full power(Much like my trusty DeWalt rotary) also the detent on the top of the machine when you set the tool down after buffing until the pad stops spinning the tool stays upright.

The only thing that has ever went down on my first Rupes was the cord and my second 21 model will need the cord replaced soon, Kevin replaced the cord with a more flexible stout cord and all was good. The GG Boss tool has a very nice supple and soft cord(Newer Rupes models I have seen do have a better cord) and I have a Mini 15 model which has the detent to prevent the tool from falling over(This tool is a real workhorse for me as I do so many cars with curves and tight spaces).

In the past I was part of GI, fully onboard until the issues of honesty (In my opinion) came to be a problem so I am wary of being tied to any product line so I speak honestly as much as possible as ALL people have likes and skewed opinions for one reason or another but my faith keeps me honest in this or I will pay a price believe me to the best of my ability(In other words keeping it real) and most even those that despise me know I tell it right.

Good product developments help all who do detailing for hire or as a enthusiast, some products are sold with loads of deception and hype, the new offering from Griots has solid performers in this system because if it did not I would say so and I told Jeff Brown @ Griots this when asked to test the new gear "Remember in the end I will say it`s good or bad..................ok" he said fair enough give it to me straight and I did and have.

Some Griots products with the catalog etc......... are boutique priced no doubt, but guys don`t even blink when coating prices were being raised within short periods sharply. Stuff has to make sense or no matter how it performs it does not pencil out but a serious detailing tech has to have the best gear along with the experience as I cannot get the results I do even with my experience if I had to go to the parts store and use what is on the shelf the finished product would suffer.

To those who have made up their mind before investigation................ keep on, to others who will try the stuff come to your own conclusion(s).
    Likes RaskyR1, The Driver, Oldfordisbetter liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Here is a plan for you .......................... mind your on business

I know what you meant even though it was typed wrong, keep the banter to why you feel the GG Boss stuff sucks(That you have never used) and zinging another member was not really called for now was it?

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you meant even though it was typed wrong, keep the banter to why you feel the GG Boss stuff sucks(That you have never used) and zinging another member was not really called for now was it?
    I call it like I see it Robert. Too bad you feel you are able to do this but not anyone else

Oh, and by the way ............ exactly what assumptions have I made regarding this polisher that are not true?

Post Thanks / Like

You`ve been here 6 months longer then me, but I have more Green Dots .......... just sayin ..............

Post Thanks / Like

How does the GG compounds/polishes/pads compare to the Rupes?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    I call it like I see it Robert. Too bad you feel you are able to do this but not anyone else

Oh, and by the way ............ exactly what assumptions have I made regarding this polisher that are not true?
    I could escalate this, calling it as you see it but being soundly wrong is your right I will acknowledge that. I would love to see American manufacturing excellence return believe me but the Rupes machine is made offshore and I do chuckle at the bad quality knock offs of this type of machine and stated if I made the a machine it would look very different so nobody could say it`s a copy cat. I asked you who was bought cheap and at least you owned it(Could have stated this in a PM though as well).

You said assumptions..................defined as opinions voiced without conclusive empirical evidence, the facts are the machine is made in China and looks just like the Rupes but their GG 6 inch is also made in China so the copy catting of the design is really what you are bent about or do you think the GG6 inch sucks as well?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post

*Griot`s Garage Lifetime Guarantee - Griot`s Garage will repair or replace any defective tool, without charge, due to faulty materials or workmanship for the working life of the tool, subject to exclusions.

*Two Year Comprehensive Warranty - With online warranty registration, Griot`s Garage will facilitate replacement of worn parts caused by normal use, without charge, anytime during the two year from date of purchase.
    Exclusions?!?
    When did that start and what are they?

2 years?!?!?!?
    What happened to lifetime warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    Back on topic a bit here... Is there any plans for a new 3" polisher to compete with the Rupes 75e? Seeing as we now have the big ones, I would think a new mini polisher would make sense
    Yeah, I`d like to see a 3" polisher with some guts that`s got a smaller form-factor than the Rupes Mini.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information