Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by Angus View Post
    The price kinda surprises me. Why would I buy a Chinese made knock off when you can have the original Italian made machine for a few dollar more?
    I agree I`m not big on Chinese imports. I look for USA first then other non communist country`s
    Likes XxBoostinxX, Angus, baby50 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    He pretty used the Rupes designed and added what he did not like on a Rupes.
    = Better mouse trap
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    = Better mouse trap
    I`m sure it`s a good machine. Not trying to knock it at all in my previous post. I would probably want one if I didn`t have a 21es and 3401. I have a 3" GG (as well as a Rupes mini) and it is made extremely well. When you pick it up it is solid as a rock. It just can`t correct anything so it`s a wax layer. Anyhow, can`t wait to see some comparison videos of the two 6" polishers the GG21 and 21es.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes Angus, Ronkh, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure it`s a good machine. But, at that price point it`s going to be a bit of a hard sell I believe. You have Rupes, which has been proven time and time again.

The real difference I believe in the Rupes machines is their smoothness. I don`t know how smooth the Griots machine is - but it`s going to be hard to top Rupes there. The smooth and balanced feeling of the Rupes is what makes it easy and enjoyable to use. I tried the new Megs machine and quite frankly that just felt like another $150 Chinese DA to me.

I could see a lot of the machines selling if the price was like $279. But at $350 - it`s going to be a hard sell. I see more people simply going with the inventor of the large throw DA, Rupes - if that`s is what they are in the market for.

The one benefit this machine MAY have is it MAY not stall as much as the Rupes does on complex curves due to increased power. This can be annoying - but it wouldn`t stop me from buying a Rupes again. The bottom line is, you will likely need a smaller backing plate polisher with the Rupes 15/21 or either of these Griots machines.
    Likes XxBoostinxX, MooreImpressive liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I`m sure it`s a good machine. But, at that price point it`s going to be a bit of a hard sell I believe. You have Rupes, which has been proven time and time again.

The real difference I believe in the Rupes machines is their smoothness. I don`t know how smooth the Griots machine is - but it`s going to be hard to top Rupes there. The smooth and balanced feeling of the Rupes is what makes it easy and enjoyable to use. I tried the new Megs machine and quite frankly that just felt like another $150 Chinese DA to me.

I could see a lot of the machines selling if the price was like $279. But at $350 - it`s going to be a hard sell. I see more people simply going with the inventor of the large throw DA, Rupes - if that`s is what they are in the market for.

The one benefit this machine MAY have is it MAY not stall as much as the Rupes does on complex curves due to increased power. This can be annoying - but it wouldn`t stop me from buying a Rupes again. The bottom line is, you will likely need a smaller backing plate polisher with the Rupes 15/21 or either of these Griots machines.

I see it as a win for Griots. More power than the Rupes. Detailer reviews who have used the machine prior to its release say that it did not stall on curved panels like the Rupes. Throw in a lifetime warranty and I think Detailers now have some great options when considering a large throw DA.

I won`t be getting rid of my Rupes 21 anytime soon but if I was I the market for a large throw DA I would definitely be giving GG21 and GG15 a hard look.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m interested to see the pads used on a Rupes, they look really nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post

5. 900 watts and 7.5 amps.
    ....in other words it runs on 120v

Post Thanks / Like

I guess they should stop carrying Rupes. Never can get a discount anyway and they are out of stock. Lol. Bet GG will give you a discount. Hey, just joking, don`t ban me, pleeeeese.

Post Thanks / Like

The other site deleted my post. I said something about child labor and Commies. Maybe about China holding our currency hostage, foreign journalists in jail. I just don`t like ripping off someone`s intellectual property. Is it chicken salad. Who was the designer of the 21mm throw? Is anyone copying the forced rotation idea? Is is too hard to duplicate? If Flex is better where are the imitators? I`ll check Alibaba, the Chinese Bible.
    Likes Tpr1634, baby50 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griot`s Garage View Post
    We`ve reinvented the world of paint perfection. We call it the Best Of Show System, or just "BOSS."

You didn`t reinvent ANYTHING. You copied another company just like you did with your previous polisher(s), polishes and various other products

There is nothing original coming out of Griots Garage now or ever

Likes Tpr1634, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

so far, Griots is getting slammed over this. rightfully so, or maybe not, but either way, I just don`t see why they did this. the polisher market was already saturated. all they did was come out with yet another one, at the same price, only made in China. I just don`t get it. And since their chemicals have gotten such bad reviews over the years, I certainly hope they don`t try to sell us using those. this just doesn`t make sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I was a tester, the machines are nice and so are the liquids/pads. When guy`s get the stuff in their hands then express those opinions as they will be "Informed opinions".
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks fostarica, Stokdgs thanked for this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How are you guys getting away with saying this about GG. I made similar posts on AG and my post was deleted. Maybe it was the comment about child labor or that I don`t like companies that steal ideas from other companies. I bad mouthed Maxshine too. A ripoff is a ripoff. If I take a magic marker and write Bob on a Flex and promise to replace it when it quits or just use a 3d printer to make a red, white, and blue housing, can I sell it? What happened to patent right infringement? I know the law has no teeth, but have some self respect. I was planning to try out some GG wheel cleaner (heard it was good)now, no way no how. Adding power does not change it enough to make it a whole new idea!

Post Thanks / Like

AutoConcierge: I get that. problem is: if you`re in the market for a $400 polisher, aren`t you going to go with the one that has been tested for years, not weeks, and is made anywhere except China? for the same price, I know I am. Griots should be selling these for $229, and we will buy them. same price tag as a Rupes? not a chance. just my opinion.
    Likes Angus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Griot`s Garage has a large following, their service has been tested extensively. The Rupes Bigfoot had one main competitor and that was the Flex 3401. If you wanted a large throw buttery smooth operation, the Rupes was the only option here in the States. If the polisher performs at the Rupes level, which obviously has been selling well, then the price point makes sense. Companies have been borrowing technology for a long time. Think about how many 8mm DA polisher options we have. Think of how many rotary polisher options we have. Now we have 2 large throw DA options. I like competition, and options.
    Likes fostarica, Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information