Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Bob, you drag David`s and my name to a thread that we or 3D had nothing to do with, make us sound like we are dishonest people and you have an issue with me defending myself?

1 - you would make a great Science Fiction writer. Badgered you? LOL.

2 - UNO didn`t suck, just because you couldn`t make it work for what ever reason, doesn`t mean the product sucked. (It was odd that you didn`t answer my PM when I asked you what you thought) It is only your opinion. And I was not working for 3D at that point. Does 105 suck because it has a very short working time and dusts like crazy? UNO was a huge success and for a reason. I think your ego is getting the best of you as time goes on.

3 - When did I "bang" you for not sharing what products you use? Are you serious? Where do you get this from? I could care less. You are not that important.

4 - David or I have nothing to do with the people who have an issue with the Chinese made Griots product in this thread. As far as that goes, good luck to Griots. I am sure it is a great machine.

5 - You are selling yourself and all who are involved very short for doing these "testing" for the price of the machine/polishes/pads. While Griots, Meg`s and any other company who uses this type of marketing, I would say it is brilliant! But as far as the detailers who are involved, why do you do it for free? You are a professional, would you do a detail for free if someone gave you the products to use? Griots will make a bucket load of money thanks partly to you guys and what did you get out out of it? A polisher and you can say you were part of the team who used the machines before it was released to the public? Don`t you think your "expertise" is worth more? I know it feeds your ego but you could do better. See I call it as I see it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    Do you really want to get into this again?, I was not compensated a penny(Unless you count using machines, pads and liquids I did not pay for) let`s get real UNO sucked when you badgered me in PM`s to try it remember?.

I did and it did not do what you claimed, was hard to wipe off(Among many who said this who actually used the product btw) and there was the "Throw down the gauntlet" fiasco.................. now present day 3D has made many excellent products recently(I was on the Adapt testing group and said it was excellent was I being "Compensated" by Tunch then?).

How many times do I have to point this stuff out to you in front of everyone , was I compensated by Barry @ Meg`s when I was testing the Microfiber cutting discs and D-300?. Keep it accurate and quell that huge bias towards me as I mentioned you and Fermani for context of someone who keeps it real with no fluff or bias as even people I do not care for if they do something noteworthy or tell the truth I will give them credit.

So now if you start using something that someone sends to you to test and I agree that it is a great product would I be pushing said product? I said what I said because of all the guys who had NOT even tried the machines or pads and compounds and were a "Authority" on knowledge they did not have and I saw the need to put a stop to the nonsense................................... Griot`s has to be PC as they are launching a product but I am not hindered by this and have said what needed to be said.

It`s comical as you bang me for not sharing what I do, but when I say "Hey this product works and it will help you" now I am schilling.........................cannot have it both ways Thomas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    Bob, you drag David`s and my name to a thread that we or 3D had nothing to do with, make us sound like we are dishonest people and you have an issue with me defending myself?

1 - you would make a great Science Fiction writer. Badgered you? LOL.

2 - UNO didn`t suck, just because you couldn`t make it work for what ever reason, doesn`t mean the product sucked. (It was odd that you didn`t answer my PM when I asked you what you thought) It is only your opinion. And I was not working for 3D at that point. Does 105 suck because it has a very short working time and dusts like crazy? UNO was a huge success and for a reason. I think your ego is getting the best of you as time goes on.

3 - When did I "bang" you for not sharing what products you use? Are you serious? Where do you get this from? I could care less. You are not that important.

4 - David or I have nothing to do with the people who have an issue with the Chinese made Griots product in this thread. As far as that goes, good luck to Griots. I am sure it is a great machine.

5 - You are selling yourself and all who are involved very short for doing these "testing" for the price of the machine/polishes/pads. While Griots, Meg`s and any other company who uses this type of marketing, I would say it is brilliant! But as far as the detailers who are involved, why do you do it for free? You are a professional, would you do a detail for free if someone gave you the products to use? Griots will make a bucket load of money thanks partly to you guys and what did you get out out of it? A polisher and you can say you were part of the team who used the machines before it was released to the public? Don`t you think your "expertise" is worth more? I know it feeds your ego but you could do better. See I call it as I see it as well.
    How am I selling myself short? Why does everything always have to revolve around money?

I`m very much aware why companies ask detailers to be part of their development & pre-launch testing and what they have to gain from it, but I enjoy doing it when I can and it`s fun being part of it! If I was being paid then all integrity and credibility goes out the door and that`s far more important to me than money will every be.

Funny, with all the pushing you do for HD and OPT, I have to wonder, are you on the payroll? I mean come on, using your very own words, you`re worth more than that, Thomas!

And for the record, while I love the new HD polishes, all 3 versions on UNO I tried did not impress one bit.
    Likes allenk4, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say thanks to Autopia for not editing posts or banning posters like another to be unnamed site. It is good to see freedom of speech and opinion still are alive somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I just want to say thanks to Autopia for not editing posts or banning posters like another to be unnamed site. It is good to see freedom of speech and opinion still are alive somewhere.
    Totally agree. Would be a pretty boring place if there was no debate and everyone just agreed on everything
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing

Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys,

For what it`s worth, I`ve been in car care for 20+years. I am officially becoming the old guy... . If there is one thing I`ve learned...there are many great product developers, chemists, engineers and companies in this wonderful World of Detailing. Whom you buy from is clearly your choice. Like any brand, you want to associate with them due to their popularity, consistency in performance, "cool-factor", solutions, time-savings, innovation and much more. It`s unfortunate that we`ve got to be critical of and direct personal attacks towards one another. I don`t want to sound like the "old-guy" but have some respect for each other. This is such a small community and we`ve all got something to learn from one another. If your opinion differs from another or someone doesn`t agree with your perspective, respectfully agree to disagree. As a friend of mine always says before a training clinic (Jason Rose)-check your ego at the door. In this case, check your ego at your login.

For the record, as the product engineer for Griot`s Garage...I reached out to several professionals within the industry. People whom I`ve got a great deal of respect for. People who would provide me an unbiased opinion of how a tool, formula or pad performed. As a manufacturer, we all develop formulas with certain performance characteristics we believe to be desirable. We may believe we`ve hit it out of the park as it pertains to reaching those performance characteristics. The fault of some mfg. is, they then launch that product to find out they didn`t hit the mark. Utilizing the opinions of professional end users is not a marketing ploy, but a gut check to ensure you`ve exceeded the performance preferences of the market. There were several professional detailers used to develop BOSS- Best of Show System. We call them our "Test-Pilots". Each of the individuals signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement - NDA to ensure a high level of confidentiality. Not one of them received any compensation. The agreement was simply to provide unbiased feedback-positive or negative. Should you want to be a test-pilot, feel free to IM me and we may consider you for future product development.

As a detailer myself, I`d be stoked to be part of something new and innovative. This World has become far to entitled. It`s unfortunate... It isn`t all about money... It should simply be about being part of something great...something that is innovative and may eventually save many others in the industry time & deliver incredible results. Evolution, improvement, progress, regardless of where it started; it all contributes to a better World. Embrace it!

Some "Test Pilots" felt compelled to speak about their experience following the launch and provided reviews of the system- Thank you!!!!. They very much could have relayed a negative opinion about the system, should they have had one. As the lead product developer, I`ve got to say that any negative issues were worked out in development and the BOSS- Best of Show System delivers. Of course, that is my opinion. We put blood, sweat and tears into this system at Griot`s and are proud of it! Hopefully BOSS-Best of Show System will motivate another manufacturer to take it to the next level. I can assure you that we`re working on the next big thing as I type this. Let`s continue to make cars shiny, be Driven to Perfection and Have fun in our garages!

-Brownie
    Thanks House of Wax, RaysWay, Ronkh thanked for this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Hey Guys,

For what it`s worth, I`ve been in car care for 20+years. I am officially becoming the old guy... . If there is one thing I`ve learned...there are many great product developers, chemists, engineers and companies in this wonderful World of Detailing. Whom you buy from is clearly your choice. Like any brand, you want to associate with them due to their popularity, consistency in performance, "cool-factor", solutions, time-savings, innovation and much more. It`s unfortunate that we`ve got to be critical of and direct personal attacks towards one another. I don`t want to sound like the "old-guy" but have some respect for each other. This is such a small community and we`ve all got something to learn from one another. If your opinion differs from another or someone doesn`t agree with your perspective, respectful agree to disagree. As a friend of mine always says before a training clinic (Jason Rose)-check your ego at the door. In this case, check your ego at your login.

For the record, as the product engineer for Griot`s Garage...I reached out to several professionals within the industry. People whom I`ve got a great deal of respect for. People who would provide me an unbiased opinion of how a tool, formula or pad performed. As a manufacturer, we all develop formulas with certain performance characteristics we believe to be desirable. We may believe we`ve hit it out of the park as it pertains to reaching those performance characteristics. The fault of some mfg. is, they then launch that product to find out they didn`t hit the mark. Utilizing the opinions of professional end users is not a marketing ploy, but a gut check to ensure you`ve exceeded the performance preferences of the market. There were several professional detailers used to develop BOSS- Best of Show System. We call them our "Test-Pilots". Each of the individuals signed a Non-Disclosure Agreement - NDA to ensure a high level of confidentiality. Not one of them received any compensation. The agreement was simply to provide unbiased feedback-positive or negative. Should you want to be a test-pilot, feel free to IM me and we may consider you for future product development.

As a detailer myself, I`d be stoked to be part of something new and innovative. This World has become far to entitled. It`s unfortunate... It isn`t all about money... It should simply be about being part of something great...something that is innovative and may eventually save many others in the industry time & deliver incredible results. Evolution, improvement, progress, regardless of where it started; it all contributes to a better World. Embrace it!

Some "Test Pilots" felt compelled to speak about their experience following the launch and provided reviews of the system- Thank you!!!!. They very much could have relayed a negative opinion about the system, should they have had one. As the lead product developer, I`ve got to say that any negative issues were worked out in development and the BOSS- Best of Show System delivers. Of course, that is my opinion. We put blood, sweat and tears into this system at Griot`s and are proud of it! Hopefully BOSS-Best of Show System will motivate another manufacturer to take it to the next level. I can assure you that I we`re working on the next big thing as I type this. Let`s continue to make cars shiny, be Driven to Perfection and Have fun in our garages!

-Brownie
    Great post. In all honesty, we should all hope Griots knocked it out of the park with this machine. #1 it gives us one more choice in the marketplace. #2 Hopefully it`ll push the next manufacturer that releases a polisher to make one even better

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Brownie, RaskyR1, trashmanssd, Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MooreImpressive View Post
    I didn`t really mean it like that. what I basically meant was, if they got the name BOSS trademarked, surely they also patented it, as well. especially considering the same office handles both of these. that`s if they even could get a patent on a product that is very similar to other products from other companies that are already patented.
    It is done all the time in the Medical Device Industry

It is called a 510k Patent Extension and the Predicate Device is even named in the application to the FDA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Sure, one of these companies could knock on a couple doors, but do they really have the support structure in place that the Body Shop industry demands?
    Do you think this would apply to Meguiars/3M if they decided there was enough profit available to enter the market with a machine targeted at the Body Shop Industry?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    ...to be the 3rd person at the 10th anniversary meat-up.
    I sincerely hope I am never the 3rd person at a "Meat-up", sounds painful
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr
    Likes House of Wax, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by allenk4 View Post
    Likes Brownie liked this post
    Thanks Brownie thanked for this post
    Dislikes Brownie disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

You try to come act=ross as a tuff guy, turns out that you can`t take the heat after all.

Post Thanks / Like

There is always a king of the hill fight no matter how small the hill.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Ronkh, RMD liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    We believe in allowing opinions to be shared but will not tolerate disrespecting other members on this forum. And on a side note can we keep this thread on topic please.
    Helping fulfill and complete the vision of Autopia Forums

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for keeping it open. There is a lot to be learned even if it`s not about detailing.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    We believe in allowing opinions to be shared but will not tolerate disrespecting other members on this forum. And on a side note can we keep this thread on topic please.
    Likes RMD, felixthecat liked this post

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information