Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Griot's Garage Rep
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    Brownie,

In terms of aggressiveness, which would be more, fast cut MF + innerflex or the boss foamed back MF pad? Also, which combo would conform to concave panels better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark-
    The G21 configured with a 5" Pad System, employing our 5" Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pad, paired with FAST Correcting Cream would deliver mind blowing paint correcting. This will be particularly effective on flat panels and will work on contoured, should the appropriate technique be used.

Should you want more conformability, I`d recommend the BOSS Micro Fiber Pads.

The Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pads are a little known secret thus far. They have a 10mm fiber which resists the matting common with other shorter fiber- microfiber pads. This delivers a more dynamic side to side action which cuts extremely well. The longer pile also contributes to panel conformability. They are machine washable and resist the aggression that the long-throw orbital kicks out. No matter what, foam will eventually succumb to the rigors of the LONG-Throw orbitals
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
    Mark-
    The G21 configured with a 5" Pad System, employing our 5" Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pad, paired with FAST Correcting Cream would deliver mind blowing paint correcting. This will be particularly effective on flat panels and will work on contoured, should the appropriate technique be used.

Should you want more conformability, I`d recommend the BOSS Micro Fiber Pads.

The Micro Fiber FAST Cutting Pads are a little known secret thus far. They have a 10mm fiber which resists the matting common with other shorter fiber- microfiber pads. This delivers a more dynamic side to side action which cuts extremely well. The longer pile also contributes to panel conformability. They are machine washable and resist the aggression that the long-throw orbital kicks out. No matter what, foam will eventually succumb to the rigors of the LONG-Throw orbitals
    Thanks, Jeff. Did you miss the innerflex part of it? I`m aware the fast cut MF pads when used without innerflex will have more cut than the foam backed MF pad. I was just wondering if the innerflex plus MF fast cutting pad would be about the same aggressiveness as the foam backed MF pad? Let`s say fast correction was used with both. Also, which will conform better?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, I guess at some point, somebody put you in charge? Just to be sure, are you saying that David and me made stuff up about 3D products, that according to you were not good enough? I really really hope that isn`t what you are saying. That would not be good. I mean I praised HD UNO since I ordered the first bottle. That would be 3 years before Tunch ever heard of me, and that was only, because Barry told Tunch about me to be the 3rd person at the 10th anniversary meat-up. What you are saying doesn`t make much sense. Unless you think I wanted to get on the 3D payroll? In which case, what did I actually use to correct cars with? The truth is I used HD UNO. I have no problem with someone questioning my skills as a detailer, but when it comes to integrity, that is a completely different ball game. Which reminds me... I hope that you guys are getting compensated and compensated well enough to "push" the new Griots machines.

Quote Originally Posted by autoconcierge View Post
    3D had some detractors, in fact I was on Thomas and Fermani hard over some stuff that was claimed and the gear was average or below .

Post Thanks / Like

FOR EVERYONE BOTHERED BY WHERE THE GRIOT`S LARGE STROKE TOOLS ARE MADE:

Im not sure what motivates so many comments are , but many individuals seem to be hell bent on where the machine is manufactured and not much else.

I`m sure the same was said of Toyota, Bmw, Mercedes, and Honda in the 60`s ad 70`s. But look what happened, some people ignored chatter and decided to discern for themselves from experience what they machines could do. Those brands turned out pretty well i`d say.

I would say there is no difference with the new Griot`s large throw machines. I was asked to help test machines during development. Once I saw the machines I knew the direction of design was correct and then, after talking with the leader of R&D i furthermore knew the engineering BEHIND the machines was more than solid . Through 7 months of DAILY PROFESSIONAL use, they have undergone and withstood the rigors of car after car and show now further wear for the worst.

SO, while you simply keep hammering home a point about geographical assembly you ignorre everything else. Well i chose to ignore this fact and focus on EVERYTHING about its function and construction. And, the tool lived up to claims with minor adjustments along the way.

I suggest you either buy one, or have a friend buy one then get some hours behind it THEN.. offer a solid opinion.

Yes anyone can choose what products to buy, but I can tell you from my personal NON PAID experience that this tool lives up to what I have written about it. I would not put it out there if the tool was weak.

Also, consider this: IPhones are made in china and the overwhelming majority of people are happy. Does that make it any less of a product because some people have bad feeling about other products made in China. The fact is there are CRAP products made in the good ole US of A. MY point is that focusing on one aspect, geographical assembly, is no more of an argument than saying 5 Guys burgers are not any good, when you haven`t eaten them, you just don`t like the cooking process they use.
    Follow me on FaceBook
    Likes mshu7, autoconcierge, RaskyR1, Junebug, pwaug and 3 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    Bob, I guess at some point, somebody put you in charge? Just to be sure, are you saying that David and me made stuff up about 3D products, that according to you were not good enough? I really really hope that isn`t what you are saying. That would not be good. I mean I praised HD UNO since I ordered the first bottle. That would be 3 years before Tunch ever heard of me, and that was only, because Barry told Tunch about me to be the 3rd person at the 10th anniversary meat-up. What you are saying doesn`t make much sense. Unless you think I wanted to get on the 3D payroll? In which case, what did I actually use to correct cars with? The truth is I used HD UNO. I have no problem with someone questioning my skills as a detailer, but when it comes to integrity, that is a completely different ball game. Which reminds me... I hope that you guys are getting compensated and compensated well enough to "push" the new Griots machines.

Do you really want to get into this again?, I was not compensated a penny(Unless you count using machines, pads and liquids I did not pay for) let`s get real UNO sucked when you badgered me in PM`s to try it remember?.

I did and it did not do what you claimed, was hard to wipe off(Among many who said this who actually used the product btw) and there was the "Throw down the gauntlet" fiasco.................. now present day 3D has made many excellent products recently(I was on the Adapt testing group and said it was excellent was I being "Compensated" by Tunch then?).

How many times do I have to point this stuff out to you in front of everyone , was I compensated by Barry @ Meg`s when I was testing the Microfiber cutting discs and D-300?. Keep it accurate and quell that huge bias towards me as I mentioned you and Fermani for context of someone who keeps it real with no fluff or bias as even people I do not care for if they do something noteworthy or tell the truth I will give them credit.

So now if you start using something that someone sends to you to test and I agree that it is a great product would I be pushing said product? I said what I said because of all the guys who had NOT even tried the machines or pads and compounds and were a "Authority" on knowledge they did not have and I saw the need to put a stop to the nonsense................................... Griot`s has to be PC as they are launching a product but I am not hindered by this and have said what needed to be said.

It`s comical as you bang me for not sharing what I do, but when I say "Hey this product works and it will help you" now I am schilling.........................cannot have it both ways Thomas.
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    This made me laugh, thank you!
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What part of it specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I

This made me laugh, thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

I have stayed out of this thread other than the first few post simply because I already invested in polishers and have more polishers than I have cars at this point. But you guys are really quite funny. The internet is full of guys pushing one product or another. And you need to take the time to figure out who is legit.

I love my GG6. I also love my Rupes 15 and mini. I dislike my GG3 because it`s useless and underpowered. I rarely use it and nobody wants to buy it either. The word is out on it. . I now use it with a brush strictly for interior leather. If the boss system is good I`m sure it will sell. If they are problematic I`m sure it will be reported and either GG will stand behind it or suffer the forum punishment of being bashed.

In any case you guys are funny and I appreciate the passion for the business. I`ve learned a lot from most of you. For me, I cannot wait for the day car wash comes in different grits and we could all stop polishing. Or perhaps a spray on hose off correction liquid. No matter what polisher I use, I still hate the process. (Because it`s so time consuming for me). I`d do however enjoy washing my car and having a great looking polished ride.

If I were a pro, I would look for the quickest, most comfortable, reliable, efficient tool I could afford. Whatever that is to you buy. And I`d buy 2 just in case.
    Likes BlK1LE, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to shed some light on the recent change to our warranty policy.

Traditionally, Griot’s Garage primary focus has been the “pro-sumer”/weekend-warrior/DIY guy looking for the best and safest orbital for their needs. Our old warranty reflected that focus. When purchasing from Griots Garage direct, our 6-month money back guarantee was and still is no-questions asked, if you don’t like it or want it, send it back. Money back. Done. After that, the tool (or any other Griot’s Garage product) is covered for life against defect excluding normal wear and tear which has always been handled at the company’s discretion.

With BOSS, the focus has changed. THE BOSS is a more professional-grade tool and it needed a professional-grade warranty. We designed THE BOSS tools with the biggest motor around, premium NSK bearings, exceptional ergonomics and more because you guys and gals run your tools 8 hours-per-day, 7 days-a-week. Normal wear and tear has a much different meaning to you! The 6-month Money Back Guarantee stays the same, the lifetime warranty against defect stays the same. What’s been added is an industry-best, “bumper-to-bumper” warranty covering defect AND normal wear and tear for 2-years. As long as you don’t throw it off the roof of your shop or garage or drag it down the road, we’ve got you covered!

We are and always have been committed to serving our customers. The additional 2-year warranty has been added specifically for those of you who depend on your on your machines every day. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!
    Likes RaskyR1, Brownie, mshu7, 4u2nvinmtl, Junebug and 3 others liked this post
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the clarification regarding the warranty Bill!!! One of the atributes that attracted me to my GG 8mm DA was the lifetime warranty. As a weekend DIY detailer of my own cars it would be ashame to have the machine fail after 3 or 4 years of just using it a few times per year. So how is the new warranty for the Boss polishers applied for those of us who only use it a few times each year?? After a few years clearly it seems failure would not be caused by wear and tear because of the infrequent use compared to 8 hours and day 5 days per week of a pro detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Thanks for the clarification regarding the warranty Bill!!! One of the atributes that attracted me to my GG 8mm DA was the lifetime warranty. As a weekend DIY detailer of my own cars it would be ashame to have the machine fail after 3 or 4 years of just using it a few times per year. So how is the new warranty for the Boss polishers applied for those of us who only use it a few times each year?? After a few years clearly it seems failure would not be caused by wear and tear because of the infrequent use compared to 8 hours and day 5 days per week of a pro detailer.
    My pleasure! So, outside of the 2-Year warranty, it`s business as usual and will be handled the same as our current 6"/3"/Li-Ion tools have been under the Lifetime Warranty against defects. Officially, it is and always has been at the company`s discretion in terms replacing or fixing a tool that`s failed due to normal use. It`s hard to determine action based on a hypothetical failure but if a tool stopped working after 3 or 4 years only being used a few times, our history of taking care of our customers would lead me to believe you`d in good hands!
    Bill from Griot`s Garage

www.griotsgarage.com - Have fun in your garage!
    Likes RaskyR1, Brownie, felixthecat, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Makes sense
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bill!! Just what I thought!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griot`s Garage View Post
    My pleasure! So, outside of the 2-Year warranty, it`s business as usual and will be handled the same as our current 6"/3"/Li-Ion tools have been under the Lifetime Warranty against defects. Officially, it is and always has been at the company`s discretion in terms replacing or fixing a tool that`s failed due to normal use. It`s hard to determine action based on a hypothetical failure but if a tool stopped working after 3 or 4 years only being used a few times, our history of taking care of our customers would lead me to believe you`d in good hands!
    Thanx for the posting this^^^^^ Now we all know.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say that`s a good warranty.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information