Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Here it is! BOSS - Best of Show System!

If they have so much confidence in this unit why drop the lifetime warranty?

Post Thanks / Like

I think once people who`ve actually purchased or used the tool start sharing their feedback all the ignorant comments will stop.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, BlK1LE, Greg Gellas liked this post
    Dislikes Trouble disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I think once people who`ve actually purchased or used the tool start sharing their feedback all the ignorant comments will stop.
    I will check back in 2 years and see how that plays out. In the meantime I`m sticking with a proven winner
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Tpr1634 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Following is the overall warranty statment from the Griot`s website. This covers all their products and as far as I know has been the same for years: "At Griot`s Garage, we want you as a customer for life. Everything you purchase from us comes with a lifetime guarantee against defect. We want you to enjoy our quality product for 180 days and have fun with it! If you don`t like it for any reason during this time, return it for a full refund or credit. After that, you`re covered with our lifetime guarantee against defect, in which we will either repair it, replace it, or credit your purchase price if we are able to do neither. Some items have a life span during normal use and they wear out. Our warranty does not include replacement of such items after normal use. Of course our guarantee doesn`t cover abuse... But you already knew that.Customers for life. That`s our guarantee."

Post Thanks / Like

That should be an easy decision. What has Griots done for you lately? What has KB done for you lately? There is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    but I`d be torn between this new Griot`s and buying a Rupes from Kevin.
    Likes jsou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    You still have the box?!?

I throw everything away (including instructions) as soon as I get a new tool
    I sent 2 GG PCs back each 3 times, you do not want to throw those boxes away

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany View Post
    That should be an easy decision. What has Griots done for you lately? What has KB done for you lately? There is your answer.
    While KB is the man, that`s a ridiculous statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes mshu7, RaskyR1, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You don`t mind if I stick to my statement do you? I appreciate your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Mark View Post
    While KB is the man, that`s a ridiculous statement.

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, anybody have stock in either? Me neither. I personally had an issue with a Griots polisher, the little 3" one, didn`t have enough power to polish your boots. So, I sent it back to AG and got a PCXP in place of it. Now, I`m not soured on GG at all, it was a lemon and if I could change anything, it would be to get the GG DA polisher most folks rave about. This new one sounds fine and I`m looking to get it as soon as I get some $$. I don`t see the need to bash any new product without even giving it a chance. I know I have bought polishes based on great reviews and I thought they sucked after I got them, it`s ok, I either traded away or used them for target practice. But, we`re not talking 20-30 bucks worth of polish, so I can understand the fence sitting till more people actually buy the buffer and try it. Remember the great Flex revolution of a few years back? And then all the issues when they broke and the many fixes that were posted? I do, I bought one anyway and hated it because of the counter-clockwise rotation, the high pitched whine and a few other little things. But, it was a sturdy unit and I never had any issues with it that some folks had. Let`s wait and see a few more actual users post and give this new GG polisher a fair chance.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"
    Likes RaskyR1, Brownie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post

Some will always be scoffers, in fact cutting off their nose to spite one`s face is a profession for those you are noting Chad. Those who have not had the benefit of using a product please move along.............. at your own detriment do you keep this silly mindset.

For the rest of the guys who are intrigued about having another choice to help in the day to day hurdles of working on cars, listen up and come to your own conclusion(s) after you have had a chance to try the product or purchase any of the new Griot`s gear.

In spite of what some think about me, they know that I know my stuff and post honest evaluations on product. Is it my opinion?..................yes but when I find something that works well I utilize it no matter who makes it.

3D had some detractors, in fact I was on Thomas and Fermani hard over some stuff that was claimed and the gear was average or below and Tunch made better stuff. Megs when they released D300 and the cutting discs they also had scoffers and malcontents who "KNEW" better and said it would not work and history has shown how silly the position was that some took in that instance. The BOSS system is solid...................period, if you hate the fact it is made in China(Machines) so be it, the liquids are made in Indiana and nobody has given Griot"s any credit for THAT.

In conclusion, I am not stumping for Griot`s or am I a fanboy I just like stuff that is quality and that works. I knew Jeff since the late 90`s as he lived in San Ramon (Near me) when he was with Meg`s and I do not like stuff being attacked for no just cause(Although many of the detractors are died to the bone coating homers who KNOW that that product comes up way short of claims but that is okay though somehow). Use or don`t.............................but until you have the soura** attitude is getting old.
    Likes RaskyR1, jsou, pwaug, Brownie, Junebug liked this post
    Thanks Junebug thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t believe this is what detailing has come to. "This polisher is a knockoff, this polisher is made here, the other polisher is better, etc. etc."

We all have brand loyalties and a choice to use what we like. If you don`t want it or don`t plan to buy it, carry on. Many professionals on here can use a harbor freight special DA and turn high quality work. Who really gives a damn on what another weekend warrior/detailer is using/buying as a polisher?
    Likes Junebug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    I can`t believe this is what detailing has come to. "This polisher is a knockoff, this polisher is made here, the other polisher is better, etc. etc."

We all have brand loyalties and a choice to use what we like. If you don`t want it or don`t plan to buy it, carry on. Many professionals on here can use a harbor freight special DA and turn high quality work. Who really gives a damn on what another weekend warrior/detailer is using/buying as a polisher?
    Forum discussions are good. I follow a few pro`s, autoconierge being one and trust their opinions. That doesn`t mean I`m pulling the trigger just yet. It`s just another mark in the pro column. I`ll do my dd before making a final decision. When I want to try out a new restaurant, I use Yelp to see what the majority thinks...if I got 2 stars from 80% of the people, I`ll stay away.
    When the Flex 3401 was the rave I tried it, didn`t like it and stuck to my Makita and PC. So having reviews on products, good or bad are good imo.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Brownie,

In terms of aggressiveness, which would be more, fast cut MF + innerflex or the boss foamed back MF pad? Also, which combo would conform to concave panels better?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jsou View Post
    It is not just detailing but just human nature. Everyone does not have the same buying criteria and often it is not just how well it works.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I would of giving it a look if it was priced better, giving a choice I purchased a 15 and a mini. All things equal I would rather have a Italian made product verses something from China. I`m sure it`s a fine polisher and it should be since from what I can see is a copy, I hope they serve all those who purchase well.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information