Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TFin04
    Aside from the fact that I hate those bigbox stores with a passion, that is a good deal.

Not to change the subject of the thread, but I know many people that feel that way. Won`t shop at Wal-Mart, etc. My question is: What is the alternative these days? The little independent guy is gone. Also, why would I pay an independent guy 20% more because he deals in less volume than the mega stores? Sure, the service might be a bit better at times, but I`m all about price...especially now that I have 2 kids.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`big mike 13`]tahnks a lot!!

i just called my local lowes where i got mines from and they will price match it...

so im guessing all lowe`s will do the same..

This is what I thought too. went to my local Lowes to grab a few PC`S and no matter how much I argued they would not give me the sale price. I even gave them the number and address for the store in this post and was denied. consider yourselves lucky. at that price I would buy a couple .

Post Thanks / Like
    flatstick...

i talked ot customer service... they should def. match it for you.

i think the lady i went to even brought up the price through the computer...

no problems at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by big mike 13
    flatstick...

i talked ot customer service... they should def. match it for you.

i think the lady i went to even brought up the price through the computer...

no problems at all.

What did you say to them at customer service ? I was at the register with one in my hand. they scanned it at $109 and I was like these are on sale. gave them the price and info for the store in this post. they did not seem to care about price matching. maybe my Lowes is a little behind on the sale I will give them a couple of days and stop by for an extended visit. maybe if I can find a manager ? I do not really need one but for that price I would buy at least one for a backup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    Not to change the subject of the thread, but I know many people that feel that way. Won`t shop at Wal-Mart, etc. My question is: What is the alternative these days? The little independent guy is gone. Also, why would I pay an independent guy 20% more because he deals in less volume than the mega stores? Sure, the service might be a bit better at times, but I`m all about price...especially now that I have 2 kids.

The little stores are gone because you (and others) stopped shopping there. Its a never ending cycle.

I dont shop at those stores because their products are inferior (they sell seconds, and they force companies to build their products with less quality to keep costs down). I do finish carpentry, and Senco is/was a very well known nail gun brand. Ever since Home Depot started carrying them, their quality has gone straight to the crapper. Hitatchi and Lowes is the same way. I know a guy who was a salesman for Senco, and he said they started using 40% more plastic in their guns because HD gave them a price they would buy it at, not the other way around.

On the Wal Mart debate, they are the same with inferior products, although they go as far as to treating their employees like ****, not allowing them to unionize (which is illegal), not providing good benefits, and outsourcing nearly everything over seas. Not only are they taking away the mom and pop stores, but they`re taking away the production jobs as well. They enter a small town, and kill that towns economy because of the low prices. They employ a huge percentage of that town with cheap labor rates, which further drives down the economy and cash flow of said town.

Yes, we are a capitalist country, and they`re doing just that. I just think that a capitalist company who has made billions of this nation`s people could at least keep their production in the US. They however, are all about the $$, no matter how much damage they cause.

I work at a retail paintball store as a salesman/gun tech. We have to compete with huge online retailers who offer much lower prices. This has given me a new respect for local stores. I will pay the 20% more for better service and to keep a local business around. Most people wont. Being all about price is whats causing the US economy to fall so quickly.

Sorry for the thread hijack, thats just my view on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatstick
    What did you say to them at customer service ? I was at the register with one in my hand. they scanned it at $109 and I was like these are on sale. gave them the price and info for the store in this post. they did not seem to care about price matching. maybe my Lowes is a little behind on the sale I will give them a couple of days and stop by for an extended visit. maybe if I can find a manager ? I do not really need one but for that price I would buy at least one for a backup.

well before i went, i called Customer service and was like i found online someone in Winsconsin got the PC for 69.97, and i was like should all Lowe`s be the same price and she said yes and she said bring in some proof and ill see what i can do..

so i go in later, i brought in a printed version of the original posters receipt. i told her i even called the store and they verified with me the same price... so yea, no questions asked and she price adjusted my PC... she said it shows up on the computer too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by big mike 13
    well before i went, i called Customer service and was like i found online someone in Winsconsin got the PC for 69.97, and i was like should all Lowe`s be the same price and she said yes and she said bring in some proof and ill see what i can do..

so i go in later, i brought in a printed version of the original posters receipt. i told her i even called the store and they verified with me the same price... so yea, no questions asked and she price adjusted my PC... she said it shows up on the computer too.

Thanks for the info, will have to follow your lead and print out the receipt. good thinking on your end for sure. will let you know how I make out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty

You can feel good about shopping at Wal-mart. They are the largest employer in the US, they are a model of efficiency, the are credited with keeping inflation low, you get a good value, and people love to shop there. They are just good at what they do. If Mom and Pop can`t compete that sounds like the problem of Mom and Pop, not the more efficient organization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoddio
    You can feel good about shopping at Wal-mart. They are the largest employer in the US, they are a model of efficiency, the are credited with keeping inflation low, you get a good value, and people love to shop there. They are just good at what they do. If Mom and Pop can`t compete that sounds like the problem of Mom and Pop, not the more efficient organization.

Well stated, and I agree.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    This could be the start of something........................( :furious: ?)
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not here to argue with anybody. If they want to continue to kill our economy and drive the value of the US dollar even lower, that`s their choice.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    its not neccessarily that mom and pops can`t compete- it`s a little more complicated. Walmart buys trailer truck loads of merchandise from a manufacturer. WM tells the manufacturer what price they will pay for said item. The manufacturer charges a mom and pop significantly more for the same item. Mom and pops stay in business by specializing or offering better service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would personally like to shop at the smaller stores with more product knowledge, but those are increasingly tough to come by. Most people don`t care about specialized knowledge, they would rather have turtle wax then AIO....it just doesn`t matter. It seems that if you want more info about a product you have to go to the internet, which is often better info than a store gives you.

I hate the narrow isles and lowlife people often found in walmart, but there`s no where I can get as much shopping done in a small amount of time with good prices. I also can`t condem them for being good at what they do and taking over the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal choice is to not shop at Walmart/Sams. I don`t like the way they do business as it just cheapens products and will eventually leave fewer and fewer places to buy things.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Mom and pops stay in business by specializing or offering better service.

very true.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information