Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by J.J.

Is #16 that much better than #26 or is there just more experience with it? I don`t have any experience with #16, but I`m hopeing #26 will work just as well!

JJ

Here`s a thread comparing the durability, among other things, of the two:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=54910

I have #16 on my car and it gives a very reflective look to it. I`m looking to add a bit more depth and wetness so I have #26 (from AZ) that I will attempt to top with.

Hope this helps.
    "...it is important never to forget where u all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - de punani." -ali g

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, man. I found ONE JAR of #26, in Scranton... and I probably used $3 worth of gas to go get it, but it was worth it to watch the guy`s eyes widen when he scanned it!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

Oh, man. I found ONE JAR of #26, in Scranton... and I probably used $3 worth of gas to go get it, but it was worth it to watch the guy`s eyes widen when he scanned it!

Tom

Was it this look? :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, yeah, and the next thing he did was look to see if there was any left. We started talking, and he told me that in his garage he had a wall of products "like that", as he pointed at the shelves.

Tomorrow, Stroudsburg and Allentown. Thursday, Tunkhannock. (Job interviews both places.)

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by guapsnaman

Here`s a thread comparing the durability, among other things, of the two:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=54910

I have #16 on my car and it gives a very reflective look to it. I`m looking to add a bit more depth and wetness so I have #26 (from AZ) that I will attempt to top with.

Hope this helps.

THanks for the link. THat really cleared things up for me. I feel even better about my purchase now!

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I have a few Autozones within 10 miles of my home, i go to the one that is less then a mile from me often. My question for you guys is, where in the store is the clearance rack? I`ve never seen anything on clearance at either one.

Thanks,

Sellncars

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by sellncars

Hi guys,

I have a few Autozones within 10 miles of my home, i go to the one that is less then a mile from me often. My question for you guys is, where in the store is the clearance rack? I`ve never seen anything on clearance at either one.

Thanks,

Sellncars

Each store usually has the clearance rack in a different place. Also, you can just go to a clerk and ask them that you are looking for item # 555334.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by sellncars

[B]Hi guys,

No AZ that I have been to has had a "clearance rack". All of these items are still on the store shelves and are clearly marked with the original price. You won`t know its on sale until you take it up to the register for scan or purchase.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    btw everything I got, I needed to ask them to search the back.

<Me> Hello, Can you help me search for this item #?

<Them> Sure, we have XX (which I already know) in stock, its in wash isle. (@ this point you can see if the item is .99 or not because the monitor is just right there.)

<Me> I already check that Isle and I can`t find it, maybe you can check the back.

a) usually by now they will either go to the first isle to try to look for it then go to the computer look again then go to the back and usually retrieve it

or

b) they go to the back and find it.

good luck!

btw Arrow HWY, Covina, CA and Fransiqueto Baldwin Park, CA is empty

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope this deal is still going in Il...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is.. it is just a matter if they have it in stock.

here is a way you can prepare yourself.

check all of the stores nearest to you (or if on your way to work).

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...ayStoreLocator

then you can either call or just go there in person and ask (as mentioned above)

if not instock.. ask about their sister stores.. and use the list you got by the locater to let them know to search those... make it convient for you and the workers so they won`t get frustrated etc..

Post Thanks / Like
    My thanks to roughrider for listing the 555334 AutoZone part # for the #26 paste wax. I called two or three AZ`s in my area yesterday and noone knew what I was talking about. Today I got out the phone book and went down the list and on the third one they said they had two cans left ..... and this is one of the same ones that said no yesterday.

Two cans of #26 for $1.98 has to be my best deal to date. Thanks to Autopia I have found a wonderful way to spend all of my money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was able to get 1 can of #26 for .99 (#555334) from the Lake Forest store and 1 can of Stoner More Shine in Less Time for Tires (#418998) for .99 which also a good deal.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I just cleared out all the 2001 protectant at my local store. For .99 this stuff is the perfect cheap stuff for wheel wells

Post Thanks / Like
    I just cleared out all the 2001 protectant at my local store. For .99 this stuff is the perfect cheap stuff for wheel wells

I went to 2 Autozones today. It seems that the 64 ounce 2001 may be the only one on sale. When I brought up a smaller size to the counter the clerk said it rung up $4.19 and wasn`t on sale...

Luckily I got 4 bottles at another store...

Not a single AZ had Megs #26 or any of the Prestone products. I plan on rehitting one where I did find one jar of #26. I want to see if they have any Stoners.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information