Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over $50

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Anymore, free shipping sales generate more orders from me than % off sales. The X% off w/ free shipping (no limit) are the rare occurrences that make my CC quiver.
    For my limited buys as a enthusiast the free shipping pays off better for me ….
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Yes I find the style for polishing very interesting. Its not overlapping section passes but this straight line fast arm movement one way and then slower arm movement back im guessing depending on the pad rotation and then moving to the next line and doing the same movement.

So one of the posts also spoke about testing in other countries on hard paint and saying the system worked just as well!
    Jason Killmer and Andy Ward both use this method and the results speak for themselves. Jason is a heavy hitter with a few Ridler and Pebble Beach awards, so I view his opinion highly. I`m thinking of trying it given the amount of time saving and heat reduction to the panel the method provides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Likes RaydiantDetail, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yup I really dont have any issue with the method or wanting to learn it by any means. I think we are all about learning and growing here and it makes sense we will see not only advancements in products but also advancements in technique as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes PearTree, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

At first I thought it was just a quirk of that particular video but it seems to be consistent. Interesting, that`s for sure.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUSkkoAK6Y

If I get the time tomorrow, plan on using it on one of our ever-so-convenient work Trucks. Red Ford Ranger with a pretty beat up hood. After the polishing, hope to use PA Master Sealant + Rappidwaxx on one half, Kamikaze Infinity Wax on other.

From a comment on their Instagram a few weeks ago, looks like they might.
    They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over -kamipad.jpg
    Budget - Have you used PA master sealant and rapidwaxx yet? If not I am certain you will love the ease of use and looks of the combo. Master Sealant goes on very easy and comes off easy even if you let it sit for an hour. PA recommends two coats 30min apart from each other and then 2 hours to let cure and harden then top it with Rapidwaxx.

Interested to hear your thoughts about Infinity Wax. Yet another one of the Kamikaze products I have wanted to try but Esoteric always seemed to be sold out during a sale and I just want to justify the full price/ quantity you get to myself to purchase it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaydiantDetail View Post
    Budget - Have you used PA master sealant and rapidwaxx yet? If not I am certain you will love the ease of use and looks of the combo. Master Sealant goes on very easy and comes off easy even if you let it sit for an hour. PA recommends two coats 30min apart from each other and then 2 hours to let cure and harden then top it with Rapidwaxx.
    Yep, used a few weeks ago and I`m quite enamored with it. It has a very, very nice look AND feel to it. The look it gives the silver paint I used it on keeps bringing the word `luscious` to my mind. It`s kinda a `strawberries and cream` depth and gloss; stuff makes me hungry for some sticky, sweet dessert...I guess that`s part of the `PA Look`. I followed the PA application recommendation as noted above. Chased some rainstorms around the area the day after using it and the self-cleaning and water behavior is coating-like. I dunno if that`s par for the course with sealants as the only other sealant I used was Zaino a few years ago before I became a coating junkie but I really like it and am looking for a darker colored car to use it on. It`s just so easy and fun to use, and the bottle is gonna last for a few cars. The more PA stuff I use, the more intrigued I am by it...ease of use is just off the charts. Have Cosmic V2 on the shelf which I hope to use in the next week or 2. I know the PA stuff ain`t gonna give me massive longevity but the look is quite compelling.

They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over -master1.jpg

Their Palladium metal polish was delivered yesterday, gave it a quick go on some stainless exhaust tips, the stainless ladders and railings in our pool and the stainless dishwasher in the kitchen. Very easy to use and it gives a softer, more `lustrous` look than the run of the mill, off the shelf mnetal polish I`ve used before. A little goes a loooong way and it seems to clean up the light exhaust staining with much less mess/black residue/effort than other metal polishes I have used.
    They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over -palladium.jpg

Interested to hear your thoughts about Infinity Wax. Yet another one of the Kamikaze products I have wanted to try but Esoteric always seemed to be sold out during a sale and I just want to justify the full price/ quantity you get to myself to purchase it.
    I started topping our Kamikaze-coated cars with Infinity Wax last summer; it adds a very nice but subtle dimension to the paint, kinda a `relaxed high gloss` that is not too sharp and really shows on body panel transitions. It`ll be interesting to see how it does all on it`s own (topped with Overcoat, of course) on the hood of this truck. I can usually get about 4-5 mid-sized cars outta the little jar. Easy to us, that`s for sure. I think the carnauba in it might decrease the self-cleaning just a tiny bit until you get some Overcoat on top of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes RaydiantDetail, Drblatz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is Master Sealant a polymer or SIO2 product?

Post Thanks / Like

It says Polymer sealant, but also says ceramic gloss.
    ?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, used a few weeks ago and I`m quite enamored with it. It has a very, very nice look AND feel to it. The look it gives the silver paint I used it on keeps bringing the word `luscious` to my mind. It`s kinda a `strawberries and cream` depth and gloss; stuff makes me hungry for some sticky, sweet dessert...I guess that`s part of the `PA Look`. I followed the PA application recommendation as noted above. Chased some rainstorms around the area the day after using it and the self-cleaning and water behavior is coating-like. I dunno if that`s par for the course with sealants as the only other sealant I used was Zaino a few years ago before I became a coating junkie but I really like it and am looking for a darker colored car to use it on. It`s just so easy and fun to use, and the bottle is gonna last for a few cars. The more PA stuff I use, the more intrigued I am by it...ease of use is just off the charts. Have Cosmic V2 on the shelf which I hope to use in the next week or 2. I know the PA stuff ain`t gonna give me massive longevity but the look is quite compelling.

They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over -master1.jpg

Their Palladium metal polish was delivered yesterday, gave it a quick go on some stainless exhaust tips, the stainless ladders and railings in our pool and the stainless dishwasher in the kitchen. Very easy to use and it gives a softer, more `lustrous` look than the run of the mill, off the shelf mnetal polish I`ve used before. A little goes a loooong way and it seems to clean up the light exhaust staining with much less mess/black residue/effort than other metal polishes I have used.
    They seem to be having more sales recently...15% off w/ free ship over -palladium.jpg

I started topping our Kamikaze-coated cars with Infinity Wax last summer; it adds a very nice but subtle dimension to the paint, kinda a `relaxed high gloss` that is not too sharp and really shows on body panel transitions. It`ll be interesting to see how it does all on it`s own (topped with Overcoat, of course) on the hood of this truck. I can usually get about 4-5 mid-sized cars outta the little jar. Easy to us, that`s for sure. I think the carnauba in it might decrease the self-cleaning just a tiny bit until you get some Overcoat on top of it.
    Budget - car looks amazing. PA products are definitely some of my favorite.

Thanks for the input on ISM. I`ll definitely keep it on my list of products to try if esoteric gets it back in stock with a sale.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    Is Master Sealant a polymer or SIO2 product?
    I believe the PA Rep had posted here a while back that no SiO2 in Master Sealant.
    Thanks glfnaz thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea why but I really would like to try some of that Zipang Coating. I mean for $300 it has to be good, right? Lol. Coatings are starting to be like those $1000 premium waxes. Just because it costs more it HAS to be good. On the other end of the spectrum I saw some Mr. Fix coating on eBay for $.99 including shipping. I don’t understand how they can make a profit at 99 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I have no idea why but I really would like to try some of that Zipang Coating. I mean for $300 it has to be good, right? Lol. Coatings are starting to be like those $1000 premium waxes. Just because it costs more it HAS to be good. On the other end of the spectrum I saw some Mr. Fix coating on eBay for $.99 including shipping. I don’t understand how they can make a profit at 99 cents.
    I read the instructions.... In order to make it "great" it takes 3 coating steps.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I read the instructions.... In order to make it "great" it takes 3 coating steps.
    And $420 in materials. Yet, it`s inevitable when the time comes. "Know thyself..." and all that.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Uh $420? I guess I will have to rob my piggy bank or set up a Go Fund Me page.

Post Thanks / Like

Miyabi $100 & Zipang $320 for the Zipang-Miyabi-Zipang combo.

For a pro perhaps a tough go given the ambiguity of `limited self healing` and conveying that in a manner that doesn`t set unrealistic expectations for client.

For this hobbyist, the opportunity to have some of the minor annoyances of light swirling possibly remedied is compelling stuff (for me and my sometimes sloppy wash habits and affinity for black paint)

If it proves worthy, I guess it comes down to how much that added possibility is worth...and the entertainment of giving it a go.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Go fund me worked for comey & strzchk (the other guy)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information