Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point I will get to open a surprise.. and put to bed a misguided attempt to help out a name in the industry (the 25% savings at their higher prices was either little or no actual discount compared to some other sources). I hope I never find myself in their place, forced to give less-than-great-quality customer service.

Post Thanks / Like
    Took a little while, but I finally got it in the mail today. Yay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got almost all my stuff today but i was overcharged on my account by about 300 dollars for the actuall stuff i ordered i got the bill in the package and it only says 127dollars( I didnt get my Flex 3401) but i was charged 427 to my account time to go start a dispute tommorw with my card. everyone watch thier accounts for over charges if you ordered from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my package today...again, no shipping notice at all...and the MAIN thing i had ordered (the Meguiars MF DA starter kit) was NOT included...it was deducted from the price...but the receipt said that some Brinkmann bulbs ihad ordered were in the case...they were not..and i was still charged $20 shipping...no free MF towels as advertised....and everything in the damn case...was exactly what i ended up ordering from AG because i figured my order wasn`t coming since i had NO contact from them...PERIOD. So now i have an extra $100+ worth of stuff...should i dispute the whole charge w/my CC company or what?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWillsi3
    I got my package today...again, no shipping notice at all...and the MAIN thing i had ordered (the Meguiars MF DA starter kit) was NOT included...it was deducted from the price...but the receipt said that some Brinkmann bulbs ihad ordered were in the case...they were not..and i was still charged $20 shipping...no free MF towels as advertised....and everything in the damn case...was exactly what i ended up ordering from AG because i figured my order wasn`t coming since i had NO contact from them...PERIOD. So now i have an extra $100+ worth of stuff...should i dispute the whole charge w/my CC company or what?

If you were ever see a billing discrepancy with any purchase, you should dispute the charges immediately to protect your rights.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky
    If you were ever see a billing discrepancy with any purchase, you should dispute the charges immediately to protect your rights.

Well i guess i`ll be heading down to the bank asap then

Post Thanks / Like
    Hrm. They said they shipped out the products on Wednesday. I chose USPS Priority. They SHOULD be here today. 2-3 days, even across the country. And they`re just down in Florida. GAH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remember that when a charge goes through your account via credit, the charge will be in `pending` status until it is authorized (usually 3 business days). So, if you originally ordered $400 and were shipped $100 worth of stuff and the charge is still pending, the merchant should have changed the amount and it should hard charge the correct amount. That is if they updated it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by animes2k
    Hrm. They said they shipped out the products on Wednesday. I chose USPS Priority. They SHOULD be here today. 2-3 days, even across the country. And they`re just down in Florida. GAH!

They actually contacted you....how so, via email or phone?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWillsi3
    They actually contacted you....how so, via email or phone?

Via Paypal refund. They refunded me for the Meg`s 105 that they didn`t have, plus a few dollars in shipping. In the note/refund explanation area, they said they`d shipped the rest of the order.

Post Thanks / Like
    My order was never shipped, I filed a dispute with pay pal. After discussing with them, they said it would be shipped out. friday got the tracking number. It said package sent back to shipper due to damage. I am now asking for my money back

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting to hear to say the least. I was considering making a couple smaller buys of things we don`t have just to use in eval but after hearing all the crap people are having to go through, I dumped my cart.

..from a 3rd party perspective it doesn`t look great when zero communication is given regardless of the situation. We all run into headaches but you gotta "use your words" with situations like this..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by autoaesthetica
    Interesting to hear to say the least. I was considering making a couple smaller buys of things we don`t have just to use in eval but after hearing all the crap people are having to go through, I dumped my cart.

..from a 3rd party perspective it doesn`t look great when zero communication is given regardless of the situation. We all run into headaches but you gotta "use your words" with situations like this..

Smart move, I only heard from them once i disputed my order.

Post Thanks / Like
    I received my order today, shipped via UPS (not the USPS I requested). It was complete and intact, minus the out of stock item I was made aware of. Best of luck, everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    I am a firm believer that a simple communication could have resulted in a lot less confusion, and therefore a lot less frustration through this whole process.

There ya go, bottom line. The dedicated thread on TID on order problems resulted in multiple replies to some situations, others were left to dangle. The explanation of billed amounts including orders that had out-of-stock items being "authorizations" doesn`t hold water. Authorizations don`t show up on your statement, only actual charges do.

I can`t say as I was too wild about unnamed "Admin" or "Moderator" or "Moderator 3" replying to the thread either. I"m a firm believer in putting your name on anything you say. At least Jack addressed some issues personally and signed his posts.

Regardless of the tough circumstances of the closing, the server mess etc, from a customer`s perspective it`s impossible to know how dire the situation might be and if some could be left holding the bag. Yeah, Jack and everyone at PAC are first-class standup folks committed to doing the right thing. But when the well runs dry you can`t get blood from a turnip. After numerous unaddressed issues and unanswered PMs and e-mails I thought it best to cover my butt through my credit card issuer who gave an immediate credit for unshipped, out of stock items that I was charged for.

I hope everyone at PAC lands on their feet when the dust settles. A real good bunch of folks in an unenviable situation. Gonna miss my favorite Constant Pressure LC pads. Seems to be the only place to source them.

TL

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information