Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

$5 for 8. Just make sure you count them, there was a pack with only 6. They were marked reguraly 8 something

Sent from DROID

Post Thanks / Like
    just to add... i noticed a few days ago that walmart has the 15pk of the microtex microfiber towels (they come in an assortment of light colors bundled together) for just under $10 and they were plush and felt softer than the vrooms...

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone do a test on these for paint, or will they only be good for non-paint apps?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some. They`ve passed the CD test but I wouldn`t consider them anything special. Targets around here used to have the blue Vroom towels, which I believe were Microtex, but they no longer seem to stock those. A shame, because they were much softer than these orange towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m despartely in need of new MF towels and stockstowelsnow.com can`t seem to get their act together so I`ll go this route for now. After finding out today that my truck paint has the dreaded "orange peel" in it, I`m not going to be OVERLY OCD on it anymore. I`ll still be careful, but I`m not going to spend a ton of money on towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    The vroom towels are pretty good. I always stock up on these when they go on clearance. I usually don`t use these for paint but they are soft enough. I do love the yellow drying towel. Infact, they are all I use for drying. Looks like Im headed to Target.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just because a microfiber towel feels smooth and soft doesn`t mean it`s any good. MF is supposed to have a Van Der Waals reaction, and you can notice it when you hold them (feels like it wants to stick to you), they attract particles like dust and other things into the towel and hold it there until you wash them. I wouldn`t be too surprised if these are cheap and nothing special. I use Cobra Microfiber Towels and absolutely love them, would never go back to things like this.

The comparison of the edges is enough to make me not want to use them. Those can leave marks that you`ve either just removed or are trying to minimize/avoid when drying or wiping off your vehicle you`re working on.

But it`s really all up to how hardcore you are in the detailing category. If you just like to wash your car frequently it`s better than your regular towels around the house by far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK
    Just because a microfiber towel feels smooth and soft doesn`t mean it`s any good. MF is supposed to have a Van Der Waals reaction, and you can notice it when you hold them (feels like it wants to stick to you), they attract particles like dust and other things into the towel and hold it there until you wash them. I wouldn`t be too surprised if these are cheap and nothing special. I use Cobra Microfiber Towels and absolutely love them, would never go back to things like this.

The comparison of the edges is enough to make me not want to use them. Those can leave marks that you`ve either just removed or are trying to minimize/avoid when drying or wiping off your vehicle you`re working on.

But it`s really all up to how hardcore you are in the detailing category. If you just like to wash your car frequently it`s better than your regular towels around the house by far.

goes to show you that everyone has different experiences with products. the cobra microfiber towels IME have linted to a point to where i no longer buy them or any microfiber towel from AG anymore...

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing wrong with the Vroom towels. I have been using the orange ones for years for wax and polish removal. The shorter nap is perfect. I agree with Al on some of the plusher towels. I have some of the plush green Shamrock and they shed lint like nothing I have seen. Sometimes just because something cost more doesn`t mean it is any better.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I love these towels. Lots of static cling. I have five black cars and have used these for polish and wax removal ONR and QD. Never a single scratch, no marring. I use the yellow VROOM for drying

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol. Ditto.

I trend to watch the edges on these bit more than usual, but they still work. Interior, in the home even.

It is a good price for an all around mf towel even.

Sent from DROID

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the vroom microfiber from target I always stock up when I go. I`ve never had any problems with them scratching my paint or anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    The 8 pack is back on sale.

I left with two packs and had to resist buying two more. But they are regularly on sale so I`ll pick them up as needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use those from WM - good enough for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    just to add... i noticed a few days ago that walmart has the 15pk of the microtex microfiber towels (they come in an assortment of light colors bundled together) for just under $10 and they were plush and felt softer than the vrooms...

Post Thanks / Like
    The Vroom MFs have been out of stock for 2 weeks at my Target! I got a raincheck for 4 packs of them.

I also noticed walmart got new microtex towels. They are yellow and in a 2 pack and are much more plush than they used to be!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information